Transfer of Tourist Visa to new passport, only at old Immigaration Office near the Airport

flashlight92

Definitely ONLY at Airport Immi (until they change it, of course! tongue.png ).

I and others have mentioned this in various threads - also to diminish the possibility of members making a totally wasted journey to Promenada..

Also - do the transfer BEFORE applying for whatever service (at Airport or Promenada) you wish to use. The transfer can usually take as little as 15 mins - or as long as a couple of hours, depending on how busy they are.

HNY smile.png

Just giving this a boost. Many of the lesser known services are not mentioned as to where to go for them.

Maybe a moderatorwhistling.gif will make a closed topic on it.

looking at the state of imm at airport today there is only one office by the look of things now,thats promada,

went to airport imm office today and its not there, just a derelict building,few workman pulling it down,

Immigration was closed on Thursday at both locations. They're doing a construction project at the old airport location.

I think the problem is that this is a service that requires the approval of a supervisor and we all know there isn't a supervisor with approval authority at the Prom. office.

That makes no sense. They need the approval of a supervisor for the extension of stay and still do it at the Promenada.

I like many have no idea of why they do one here and the other there. A nice pinned list would be a great service.

The idea that some one mentioned it so every one should know it is ridicules. Many people do not read half the threads and that includes me.

Now if you will excuse me I am off to the Ex Pat Buffet at the River Market with Eggs Benedict. I do hope they are better than the other half hearted attempts at them that I have experienced here in Chiang Mai.sad.png

"You can still use any old valid visas in previous passport as long as you carry both with you. No need to have them transferred. Been there tried that. Waste of time."

My boyfriend has been told by Immigration that he cannot get a tourist visa extension of 30 days until he transfers the original Tourist Visa to his new passport so the above info is incorrect.

"You can still use any old valid visas in previous passport as long as you carry both with you. No need to have them transferred. Been there tried that. Waste of time."

My boyfriend has been told by Immigration that he cannot get a tourist visa extension of 30 days until he transfers the original Tourist Visa to his new passport so the above info is incorrect.

Visas are never transferred.

Immigration may transfer the b/f's entry stamp and make a note of the visa which allowed entry before doing the extension.

• 3 weeks later...