Red Truck IPA

hougourou

Red truck is strange deal.. They are 'illegal' brewers who have cut a deal to 'import' their beer (from chiang mai !!) and are paying the legal import duty but avoiding the 100,000 liters a month requirement for a local beer brew license..

Didnt think that much of it, yes its craft beer but only so so.. Wizen a bit watery..

Now 'my beer friend' brews.. Top quality.. Search it out.

Highly doubt it will be for sale in any shops. You could try the bottle shop on Nimman though.

Best bet would be to pick up a couple of bottles to take away from Nam Ton's.

It's not cheap though - 200THB/bottle is what I heard (at Nam Ton's).

The brewery is in Laos...

https://www.facebook.com/chiangmaibeer/

Haven't tried it myself.

180b..

and like I said above.. Apparently it isnt coming that far..

Stone head are doing the same.. brewing (or claiming to) in Koh Kong.

Red truck is strange deal.. They are 'illegal' brewers who have cut a deal to 'import' their beer (from chiang mai !!) and are paying the legal import duty but avoiding the 100,000 liters a month requirement for a local beer brew license..

Didnt think that much of it, yes its craft beer but only so so.. Wizen a bit watery..

Is that the word on the street, is it? Wouldn't surprise me.

Fair play to CMB for making it happen. Regardless of the taste, it is still progress.

I see Stonehead have "First Legal Thai Craft Beer" on their logo. Maybe need to consider changing that!

Hopefully the powers that be will wake up and remove the shackles from the local craft beer market.

Indeed! We had 3 kegs at my bidet party a few weeks ago. Went down very well!

Finally found somewhere that serves this....gonna have to check it out.

Finally found somewhere that serves this....gonna have to check it out.

Seems better on tap than it does bottled to me.. The IPA is a lovely drop.. Might be my favorite IPA of anything, its that good not just 'good for a local' but properly good..

Dont know anywhere that has it all the time.. More a special event deal so far I think.. PM me if you know different.

Also.. We should perhaps start a 'closed' facebook group.. As the red cup party's etc that are happening are hard to hear about (I am assuming theres a Thai language grapevine) and the local brewers are scared to publicly post.. If a few of us who like the new brewers join we can keep each other informed of any events we hear about without making them too public. I am told one red cup event failed as they posted about it and the BiB turned up as it was about to kick off, so the powers that be are aware of the scene and are not letting it slide fully.

Dont know anywhere that has it all the time.. More a special event deal so far I think.. PM me if you know different.

The guy makes 40L batches in a lock-up.

CMB, on the other hand, (from the pictures on their fb page), look to have some actual scale.

Similar deal with Stonehead.

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2016!

Edited by keo

Considering his family business.. I dont think his current experiments are the full extent of his ambition..

Considering his family business.. I dont think his current experiments are the full extent of his ambition..

Ambitions & family business aside, unless his current set up grows, he is unlikely to be able to supply the increasing demand. Hence you "don't know anywhere that has it all the time".

Golden Coins looks to have a 350L set up on the way. Makin' it happen!

Edited by keo