Visa exempt question

I have just today picked up my new Canadian passport in Bkk which originally had an expiry date of October 2017. I arrived in Thailand on a visa exempt entry in November 2012 with a new passport which got wet upon while swimming in the ocean 2 months later,and unbeknownst to me the last page was missing. Don't know how that happened. I was still able to use this passport in Thailand,Laos and Camdodia. I have had one visa exempt in 2012, some overstay (I don't care to hear from the grumps about the whole you're the reason why this and that) and 3 double entry tourist visas since using that same passport. Never a question asked about the passport.

When I went to the Canadian embassy to get a new passport because all the pages were full they said the passport was damaged and I had to apply for a lost/stolen or damaged passport which like I said I picked up today. The expiry date is December 23rd, 2017. The woman said it was a decision made in Ottawa. Whatever.

I will go to immigration on Monday to have my extension put into my new passport. Have all the documents from the Canadian Embassy for immigration for the transfer.

My current extension expires on January 7th and would like to just go to Cambodia to get a visa exempt entry back into Thailand.

Question 1. Is it possible to go to Cambodia next week and get a visa exempt and a 30 day extension?

Question 2 Now that I have a new passport can I also go to Laos for a single entry TV?

Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year.

You could do an out/in visa exempt entry that will give you 30 days.. Then you could go to immigration and apply for a 30 day extension of it.

No problem to get a single entry tourist visa.

If you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry extension now you do not need to go to immigration to have the stamps transferred. It can be done on departure from the country by showing both passports.

You could do an out/in visa exempt entry that will give you 30 days.. Then you could go to immigration and apply for a 30 day extension of it.

No problem to get a single entry tourist visa.

If you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry extension now you do not need to go to immigration to have the stamps transferred. It can be done on departure from the country by showing both passports.

Unfortunately the Embassy did not return my old passport as they said it was damaged so they only gave photocopies of the contents of my passport and a letter requesting the extension be transferred to my new passport.

Either option is available, but a tourist visa from Laos would give you an extra month before leaving or needing a new visa.

A second visa exempt entry shouldn't be a problem, but it's not a bad idea to do as few visa exempt entries as possible, especially by land, as they can attract more attention from IO's.

• Like 1