Does Thaivisa.com let posters use VPNs?

banter68

I use a VPN principally because my emails to people in the US and Europe are more likely to get through if they go via a First World server--many US/EU servers now reject emails (and requests for web pages) that come from Thailand.

But I have found that I can't post to TV while using my VPN--I get a server timeout message.

I have never experienced this with any other website in Thailand or elsewhere.

What are others' experiences with this issue? Does this seem to be a "bug" that will be sorted out eventually, or a "feature"--to prevent farangs who post to this site from being anonymous (by forcing them to reveal their actual IP address)?

I use a leading, paid VPN, but the problem is found only when posting to the TV site so it is not a "VPN" problem. In any case I have found a solution, which is to stop visiting the thaivisa.com website. The site is clearly full of unhelpful trolls anyway.

I use a leading, paid VPN, but the problem is found only when posting to the TV site so it is not a "VPN" problem. In any case I have found a solution, which is to stop visiting the thaivisa.com website. The site is clearly full of unhelpful trolls anyway.

I generally have the opposite issue. I have difficulty accessing the TV website at times from inside Thailand. I have better success VPNing to the US to access many sites in Thailand. You may want to check you DNS that you VPN provider automatically uses. It may be the problem. You can set a default DNS on your local system to bypass the default VPN DNS. This link will tell you how to set you DNS provider to Google: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/?hl=en

Edited by connda

I use ExpressVPN after a lot of research this one came out tops HOWEVER it does give me DNS problems sometimes when switching it on and off (I switch on and off because I play online games and I cant use VPN)

express vpn is awful, it uses a fixed ip address rather than an address from a pool, making searches things very difficult once that ip address has been flagged for unusual traffic - ie google searches

Edited by HooHaa