Pattaya leaves 2015 with a bang at Countdown Festival

Jonathan Fairfield

Pattaya leaves 2015 with a bang at Countdown Festival

ny-5.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA:-- A spectacular fireworks display at the Pattaya Countdown Festival at the Bali Hai Port, welcomed in the New Year and said goodbye to 2015 in-style as thousands converged on the Port area to celebrate the start of a New Year.

The three-day Countdown Festival came to an end as the clock struck Midnight ushering in 2016 which was the cue for an amazing fireworks display to begin which lit up the entire Pattaya Bay area.

Pattaya Beach from North to South Pattaya, including Walking Street was busy all night and the overall atmosphere was friendly and fun. Police reported dealing with only minor incidents during the night and no significant arrests were made in what was described as one of the safest New Year’s Eve’s on record due to the heightened security put in-place because of the rising threat of terrorism around the World.

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-01

I wasn't overly impressed.

Sure, they threw millions of Baht at it and there were a zillion fireworks. But, it lacked structure and organization - more a hotch-potch of pyrotechnics.

As for 'countdown', from where I watched on Beach Road, I had no idea when it was New Year.

The Boss and I were at the north end of Beach road actually on the beach and we were quite surprised that the firework display in general was so very short lived.

Last year it went on for quite a while compared with this years display

Lack of your actual money spending tourist may be a causative effect, we also felt that the displays by the hotels were also very short

Had a party at home in the condo and we watched the firework at midnight from the balcony. I have to say that the firework was excellent the whole sky from the pier to Naklua was covered with different fireworks, and it was going on for around 15 minutes. When these larger fireworks was done if was several small ones to enjoy. Have seen the fireworks in New York 4july and Sydney, London, Tokyo and a few more for New Years but this year the Pattaya one took the price.

Why do they even bother having this shit party, nobody can afford attending, if you do not stay at a local resort/hotel at three times the normal price, you travel around in traffic for hours looking for a parking lot if you have a condo/house in the vicinity and anyways I would rather spend my money on a nice holiday for all the family somewhere else.

I wasn't overly impressed.

Sure, they threw millions of Baht at it and there were a zillion fireworks. But, it lacked structure and organization - more a hotch-potch of pyrotechnics.

As for 'countdown', from where I watched on Beach Road, I had no idea when it was New Year.

A good fire work display needs to be well coordinated... something Thai's do not understand.

"Pattaya leaves with a bang". Any comment would be superfluous.

some could have hoped for a moment that Pattaya was wiped off the face of the earth.... but it could only have been a short time hope...

Slowly but surely it changes.