Can I extend a Single Entry Non-O 'dependant' Visa?

Good morning all,

I am very confused about this. I can't really find any answers to my question except for one thread on another post :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881669-non-o-based-on-dependant-child/

I am from the USA. I currently have a single entry Non-Immigrant O visa based on my two Thai children (I'm not married) that expires on the 3rd of January.

Nan immigration told me that it cannot be extended, but then I ran across the above thread which states this :

• When you enter with this visa you'll be granted a 90 day permit to stay.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days you can apply for a 60 day extension (1,900 baht) at your local immigration office.
  • At the end of the 5 months you can get another single entry visa from Laos.

So my question is, can a Single Entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa (dependant) be extended at immigration? I think maybe now the people at immigration misunderstood what I was asking.

I have already planned on going to Vientiane tomorrow and getting another single entry non-o, but if it can be extended it would save me a lot of headache.

I'm currently waiting on a Kruesapha letter that should be arriving shortly and I will just go back to a non-b with work permit.

Any info on this would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm not at all excited about going to Laos if it can be avoided.

Thank you in advance.

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your children. They will need to be with you when you apply for it.

You need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registration.

It you permit to stay is ending tomorrow you would have to go to immigration on Monday to apply for the extension or you will fined for an overstay. After Monday you will fined for every day of overstay.

• Like 1

You can extend by 60 days for the reason of visiting your kids.

Finances not needed.

You can extend by 12 months if you are the legal father. Name on birth certificate is not enough.

You will need 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank or 40,000 monthly income.

Looks like you are too late anyway.

Edited by Eclipse
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your immediate responses!

I will be going on Monday, so hopefully with my visa expiring tomorrow (Sunday) I won't get the overstay.

The only reason I opted for the Non-O in the first place was a job change and cancellation of work permit. I've been waiting on Krue Sapa for 6 weeks for a new letter, so it shouldn't be much longer. Then I'll just convert back to a non-b.

Unfortunately my salary is just under the 40,000 a month to extend for one year, or else I'd just go that route. The Non-B just seems easier to me.

Again, thank you all. You have just made my holiday MUCH more enjoyable! :)

Don't forget to take the kids!

If you don't take your children because they are at school will you be refused an extension even if all your documents are in order?

That depends on which immigration office you are using,a friend recently obtained a 60 day extension at Phitsanulok without his wife or children in attendance.

Can't comment for this particular one.

Don't forget to take the kids!

If you don't take your children because they are at school will you be refused an extension even if all your documents are in order?
That depends on which immigration office you are using,a friend recently obtained a 60 day extension at Phitsanulok without his wife or children in attendance.

Can't comment for this particular one.

I am hoping my kids will not be required. I use Suratthani immigration and the officer has met all of them and visited my house.