2 h 40 mins switching airlines at bkk suv intl for flight to Philippines cutting it close ?

Mahdrek

flying to Manilla Philippines from Surat Thani, with airline change at Bkk

Booked flights thorugh an agency so have to get actual tickets printed at the airports

my concern is about time as i arrive at bkk suvarnabhumi intl at 11:10 am

and leave same airport at 13:50 ( 1:50 pm ) which gives me an hour and 40 minutes in an airport ive never been to ( actually barely have any flying experience)

to do all this :

get luggage

change airlines from thai smile to philippine air

get airline ticket printed

immigration

check in luggage

actually im not sure what i have to do or how hard it all is as im figuring the airport is HUGE.

any advice here on what order i do stuff would be welcome

i can get the plane agency man to give me detailed instructions in thai if I need to show people working at airport to get done quickly ( if needed, im used to thai not knowing good english or any in this rural town, obv most should know english well at airport )

should i be concerned about only 2 hours and 40 mins getting onto on intl flight and switching airlines etc at Bkk suvarnabhumi intl?

The airline you use at Surat Thani should be able to take care of luggage transfer and even assign seat on the Phillipines flight and give a boarding pass. All you should have to do is find the right boarding gate.That's how it always works for me.every time I fly.

An awful lot would have to wrong to miss a connection of 2:40h.

If you break your leg on the escalator, maybe biggrin.png

And personally I would not try to do any check-through of baggage.

(even without checking I would expect that it will not work, ThaiSmile is a low cost carrier)

Pick it up, use the elevator to the 4th floor and check it in at P. Air.

Then be bored for 2h.

Which airline are you using to fly to Bangkok?

ThaiSmile I understood.

ps if anybody can direct me to a link concerning rules with luggage id appreciate it, thank you

I can only tell you that ThaiSmile has 20 kg included, is not too fussy about some excess baggage and (more) excess baggage is fairly cheap.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Once you get your baggage from the domestic flight and get checked in at PA, you might have time to hit the excellent food court on the street level. Somewhat hard to find but a real treat.

The airline you use at Surat Thani should be able to take care of luggage transfer and even assign seat on the Phillipines flight and give a boarding pass. All you should have to do is find the right boarding gate.That's how it always works for me.every time I fly.

that would be nice...but i was reading another thread on here yesterday about someones luggage not passing inspection due to electronics and how it ruined their vacation as they had to fly back. so that's why im wondering about luggage rules too. thank you :)

An awful lot would have to wrong to miss a connection of 2:40h.

If you break your leg on the escalator, maybe biggrin.png

And personally I would not try to do any check-through of baggage.

(even without checking I would expect that it will not work, ThaiSmile is a low cost carrier)

Pick it up, use the elevator to the 4th floor and check it in at P. Air.

Then be bored for 2h.

Which airline are you using to fly to Bangkok?

ThaiSmile I understood.

ps if anybody can direct me to a link concerning rules with luggage id appreciate it, thank you

I can only tell you that ThaiSmile has 20 kg included, is not too fussy about some excess baggage and (more) excess baggage is fairly cheap.

thank you :)

ok so not liquids above 100 ml on board. what about my luggage not carried on, can i have bigger mouthwash and shampoos, moisturizer etc with that luggage, or better safe to not bring...

also any electronics on board

i have a power pack for travelling for iphone and tablet etc .. an eloop large capacity lithium battery pwer pack is that ok to bring on board ?

http://www.eloopthailand.com/collections/e14-20000-mah

"Booked flights thorugh an agency so have to get actual tickets printed at the airports"

The OP should try to get the tickets printed now, any travel-agent should be happy to do this, or use the PNR-numbers with the two airlines to access the two tickets online, and print them off himself.

There would then be no rush at all, at Swampy.

If the agent refuses to supply a printed-copy of a ticket, that would make me worry slightly, whether the reservations were real and confirmed ?

ok so not liquids above 100 ml on board. what about my luggage not carried on, can i have bigger mouthwash and shampoos, moisturizer etc with that luggage, or better safe to not bring...

also any electronics on board

i have a power pack for travelling for iphone and tablet etc .. an eloop large capacity lithium battery pwer pack is that ok to bring on board ?

http://www.eloopthailand.com/collections/e14-20000-mah

You can carry liquids in you checked-in baggage.

You must carry your power pack in your hand-baggage only, not allowed in checked in baggage.