Where to buy beer by the case

Mikl777

Okay you beer drinkers, this should be an easy one.

I have been buying beer from big C lately for about 35 baht per bottle to have on hand in my condo. Even by the case it's about the same price. I've noticed some shops on Pattaya Klang that appear to sell cases of beer. I haven't checked on prices yet but are there any other options to lower the price per bottle? Back in the states beer cost half as much. I've always wondered why the major American breweries don't have much of a presence in the bars here. I would love to get a case of Miller or Budweiser at a decent price here.

Good luck with imported beer,over taxed to protect the home market which is very poor anyway,let's be honest would anyone drink Leo,Chang or Singha beer if you could buy your favourite tipple from back home I know I wouldn't.

You won't find much price difference on any beer here buying it under any guise or quantity.

I use Makro because they have beer Lao.

Edited by stoneyboy

Yes Beer Lao.......one of the joys of living next to the Lao border, 20 baht for the wife to go do a beer run with friends,

last time she came home with four cases of Lao beer, three boxes of French wine, two bottles of whisky and two big loaves of French bread.

"I asked her if we were expecting guests?"
"No," she replied.

"Then why did you buy so much f***** bread?"

Good luck with imported beer,over taxed to protect the home market which is very poor anyway,let's be honest would anyone drink Leo,Chang or Singha beer if you could buy your favourite tipple from back home I know I wouldn't.

You won't find much price difference on any beer here buying it under any guise or quantity.

I agree with the above.

Some 10yrs ago I had a bit of involvement with a bar, who would buy crates for the bar (from either / or Modern City (Beach Rd) or a wholesaler on Soi Bongkot). I used to get an extra crate ordered for home, seem to recall it was only about a baht per bottle cheaper from wholesale. Obviously this makes a difference when selling thousands a week, but really not worth the hassle for the odd crate for home consumption.

BTW, the two places I have mentioned above are still going should you wish to have a look.

Local beer in cases?

Everywhere!

12 big bottles (6xx ml) or 24 small bottles (3xx ml) or 24 cans (3xx ml) of about every local brand.

And that are cartons not crates!

Sorry for the simplification but you must really have missed some shelfs when walking in about every big supermarket (Makro, Tesco, Big C*, ....).

In our district village we have about 20 mom&pop shops selling beverage in large quantities (per carton/crate).

I bet there must be hundreds in the Pattaya area.

The savings are significant but not dramatic.

Beer remains expensive in Thailand.

The real "nickel nursers" will save the empty cartons and bottles and sell them to a "ragman".

A carton of 12 big bottles gives 7 Baht tongue.png

This is absolutely usual in housing areas / villages.

The bottles are recycled for other purposes.

Maybe not for the condo resident.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Local beer in cases?

Everywhere!

12 big bottles (6xx ml) or 24 small bottles (3xx ml) or 24 cans (3xx ml) of about every local brand.

Sorry for the simplification but you must really have missed some shelfs when walking in about every big supermarket (Makro, Tesco, Big C*, ....).

In our district village we have about 20 mom&pop shops selling beverage in large quantities (per carton/crate).

The real "nickel nursers" will save the empty cartons and bottles and sell them to a "ragman".

If you put the bottles in the cardboard carton you get 12 baht back for 12 large bottles, my wife recycles everything and a truck load to the recyclers with various recyclable things will return her anything from 500 to 1000 baht

Local beer in cases?

Everywhere!

If you put the bottles in the cardboard carton you get 12 baht back for 12 large bottles, my wife recycles everything and a truck load to the recyclers with various recyclable things will return her anything from 500 to 1000 baht
I'm sorry, but this bordering on ridiculous.

Why not just let someone less fortunate than yourself have the empties, keep whatever they make, and hopefully help them have a better day?

I noticed a Makro relatively nearby yesterday on Pattaya Nua. do you know the approximate cost of a case of Singha there. I don't want to make a special trip for relatively small cost saving. I've heard good things about beer Lao. I've never tried it. Do you know what a case of that cost?

Edited by Mikl777

Is the price for Beer Lao and Carlsberg going to decrease now when the Asean Economic Community is in effect?.

And what about all the good beer from Vietnam. Will we get any of that?.

Or I just wait and see!

I noticed a Makro relatively nearby yesterday on Pattaya Nua. do you know the approximate cost of a case of Singha there. I don't want to make a special trip for relatively small cost saving. I've heard good things about beer Lao. I've never tried it. Do you know what a case of that cost?

Beer Lao up here in Phetchabun is a little over 1000 baht a box so not the cheapest,that's for 24x330 bottles.

Beer Lao up here in Phetchabun is a little over 1000 baht a box so not the cheapest,that's for 24x330 bottles.

I think it is 1180 for the dark Beer Lao?

A case of 12 large Leos is 584 pretty much everywhere - Makro, Big C, Tesco Lotus etc. If 53? baht in a 7/11 then you are saving 4-5baht per bottle.

Singha will be more expensive but I have not looked recently. Also remember Singha large now is only 500ml vs. 630ml for Leo and most of the others.