Online Payment in Thailand (Debit-Card / Paypal?)

Hello and a happy New Year

I looking for a reliable way to do online payments. Once i tried to use my Swiss Paypal Account. It went wrong since Paypal Switzerland don't allow payments in Thailand by that account. It's a shame, isn't it?

Actually i can login to Paypal Thailand with my Swiss credentials. But i guess, it will nothing change regards to payments within Thailand. To use Paypal, must i open a new Account in Thailand? If so, would it be possible to link this account to my SCB Debit card?

I have bank accounts at SCB and Debit Cards with the note "only for electronic use". So far i know, i can't use these cards to do online payments. Right? There are some confusing reports from other members. Some say yes, some say no. To be honest, i never tried it.

Could i apply for a credit card? I guess no, since i only have a Tourist Visa.

Sure, i have a real Creditcard from Switzerland, but this card i prefer not to use for small amounts in TH.

A Bitcoin Account is available as well, but not may company's accept it.

So, what are good options to do simply and fast online payments? I would prefer to use my SCB Debit cards, second choice Paypal.

Update: I just found on other Topics here on TV that Kasikorn Bank offers a virtual "Web-Card" to do online payments. Years ago i had an account at Kasikorn. I just found my online banking credentials and i was able to login. But i don't have any cards nor the bankbook. I wonder if they would give me it again.

Edited by alocacoc

I will visit my Kasikorn Branch next week when i'm back to Thailand.

Now i just saw that SCB offers as well a virtual pre-paid card. I apply now online. May be this is my solution. BUT, they say, valid for all online services IN THAILAND who accept pre-paid cards. May be it works as well for others....

master_card.png

You can always open up another "Thai" PayPal account backed up by certain Thai bank ATM cards / accounts. When I opened my Thai PP account the only option was to use your Bangkok Bank ATM card, I have since read that your can now use other banks. I only opened up the Thai account because some eBay vendors insist that they will only ship to your PayPal "address"

You only have to use a different email address and you can have as many PayPal accounts as you want

PayPal Thailand is handled out of Singapore so their phone support is outstanding

https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/mpp/home?locale.x=en_TH

Edited by Langsuan Man

I went to my Kasikorn Branch for ask to get a new Bankbook and Debit card. Although i explained her i didn't lost it but i forget it in Europe, she insist for a police report. I won't do that. May be i will transfer a small amount to this account and use it only to do online payments. At least i was able to create the K-Webshop card online.