swissie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrespective of the rest of what you say do you really believe this -

She really has no choice because you are the husband and have the final word

What century/religion were you born in/under................ermm.gif

Sorry, I'm talking about a Thai wife, not a western woman, and just taking a Thai perspective. In Thai culture woman are deeply ingrained to obey and follow their husbands. Perhaps it is one of the reasons why Thai woman are attractive to westerners for marriage. At the end of the day your wife will do what you think is best. I'm not saying it is good or bad, but that's just the way it is. You'll certainly get no respect from her family, or other Thais, if she sets the rules or you cannot control her. My Thai mother-in-law was always telling me to beat my wife (her daughter) if she misbehaved. Of course, that is completely unacceptable in my books, but most Thais would find it difficult to understand why a ferang would live in Thailand, but his wife overseas.

Blimey! I was hoping that by going by "swissie" everybody would assume I was born and raised in Eastern Timbuktu,

Now, having been found out, how do I hide under a rock where there are no rocks? I may have to head for the jungle, packing a light lunch in form of 200 cans of corned beef.Great !

Cheers.

Blimey! I was hoping that by going by "swissie" everybody would assume I was born and raised in Eastern Timbuktu,

Now, having been found out, how do I hide under a rock where there are no rocks? I may have to head for the jungle, packing a light lunch in form of 200 cans of corned beef.Great !

Cheers.

You could always change your nickname to Timbukie ?