Tax Insurance in advance or delayed payment?

gessi2000

I have a Nouvo with a green book on my name and in regards to the seller, it is a 2nd hand, I have to extend the tax and insurance in February 2016 for another year.

Now I don't know if this has to be done in February or can be done now as I will not stay on Thailand in February so wondering if I can do this now or afterwards?

Also is this always for exactly 12 calendar months?

Do I have to wait for the new sticker or can I get this immediately?

Tax can be paid upto 90 days in advance.....if you pay late then there us a fine of 2 baht (small money) per month

After a few years of non tax payments it can become problematic to get the green book fully legal again...so best not to get too behind with tax payments.

As far as I know tax is always for 12 months and yes they print the sticker and update green book immediately.

Big C south Pattaya only saturdays 9am till midday.

At the department of land transportation (DLT) next to the regents school Monday to Friday.

Or goto one of the vehicle check places around town they will do all the running around for a fee but usually not same day.

The department of transportation setup a table upstairs in the Big C supermarket near to the information counter.....remember to get your insurance first by going to AA insurance in the row of shophouses on the north side. Also if the bike is more than 5 years old it will need an "MOT" or road worthiness certificate before anything else.... there are 2 places nearby one on south Pattaya road the other a little further along Sukumvit road same side near the Honda dealer if my memory serves me (sometimes doesn't )

All done!

Thanks again for advice. Got insurance (444,--THB) from AA Brokers next to Big C and the Vehicle Roadworthiness from their location at South Pattaya Road, Soi 4 (320,--THB incl tax renewal service).

Left my Green book with them (Vehicle Roadworthiness location) as they do also have service and could also have done the insurance so all in one place and good.