90 day reporting if leaving after 95 days

Hi, we have a multi-entry non-immigrant O-A visa and entered the kingdom on 5th November. We are leaving the country on 7th February which is 95 days after entry.

My question is - do we have to do a 90 day report?

If we don't do one will that present a problem when re-entering later in the year? Thanks.

Please excuse my ignorance but this is all new territory for me. My understanding was that we are required to do 90 day reports even when on an O-A visa.

The situation for 90 day reporting is complicated by the fact that we may be mid stream in obtaining a new passport for my wife (due to other issues).

No, you have a visa and don't have to do 90 day reports.

But the bad news is that if you leave on 7th Feb you will be on overstay which will cost you 500 THB per day

Wow, this is just totally wrong.

OP, yes you are required to do a 90 day report. Presuming you were stamped in for one year upon arrival (5 Nov 15 gets you stamped in until 5 Nov 16), you will NOT be on overstay.

It's been my experience that Immigration officials at the airport do not check for 90 day reports. Where you will run into problems by not doing the 90 day report is if you try to apply in the future for an extension of stay beyond the life of the visa at a local Immigration facility. That is when you will likely be discovered in violation of the requirement and fined 2,000 thb.

Since you can mail in the 90 day report, why not just do so?

• Like 1

But the bad news is that if you leave on 7th Feb you will be on overstay which will cost you 500 THB per day

OP, yes you are required to do a 90 day report. Presuming you were stamped in for one year upon arrival (5 Nov 15 gets you stamped in until 5 Nov 16), you will NOT be on overstay.

It's been my experience that Immigration officials at the airport do not check for 90 day reports. Where you will run into problems by not doing the 90 day report is if you try to apply in the future for an extension of stay beyond the life of the visa at a local Immigration facility. That is when you will likely be discovered in violation of the requirement and fined 2,000 thb.

You are right I misread and did not see the A.

Post removed

wai.gif

Edited by MJCM

Ignore the replies from MJCM, what he writes is not correct. He is obviously not familiar with the Non OA visa, and doesn't know that it allows a stay of one year.

Anyone staying in Thailand more than 90 days have to submit a 90 day report. If you don't, and if the missing report is noticed by Immigration, you will be fined 2,000 baht. Since you mention "we" there must be more than one of you, so the fine will be 2,000 Baht per person.

Sophon

• Like 1

You only have to do 90 days report if you have an extension of stay which you can get at your immigration if you qualify.

As you have a Non-O Multiple Entry you dont have to do 90 days report but you MUST leave the country and come back on the 90 days (the date which is stamped in your passport). If you don't leave, you will be on overstay. !

OP is on a Non-Immigrant O-A visa - he's not required to leave the country every 90 days. He must do 90 day reports.

• Like 1

OP is on a Non-Immigrant O-A visa - he's not required to leave the country every 90 days. He must do 90 day reports.

Post already removed and already written apologies ... wai.gif

Edited by MJCM

I wasn't aware we could mail in the 90 day report. As this will be our first report is this possible?

Just mail it in 2 weeks before you exit, using registered mail. Keep the receipt as proof.

It is not quite as simple as that.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

Notification by registered mail

Photocopy of passport pages with following pages

- front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.

- current visa

- last entry stamp of immigration

- last extension of visa

Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,

LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

My question is - do we have to do a 90 day report?

• Yes.
  • You can try reporting online within 15 days of the due date. If that doesn't work you could send by post (to your local office) which should arrive at least 10 days (acceptable at most offices) before the due date OR in person/representative at your local immigration office within 15 days before or 7 days after the due date.

If we don't do one will that present a problem when re-entering later in the year?

• If you don't report it will have no affect when re-entering.
  • The only problem may come when making a future 90 day report and only IF the IO notices you missed a report. In which case they could fine you 2,000 baht retrospectively. IMO that is very unlikely to happen.
Edited by elviajero

• 1 year later...

A Burmese friend here on an education visa departs this month 6 days after her 90 day report is due. She was told by her school she won’t need to fill in a 90 day report. These posts above say otherwise. I had thought she could send in a registered letter enclosing a stamped address envelope but apparently that has to be done at least 15 days before the due date and it’s too late now for that option. Can she go to Imperial World Ladprao? Or is it possible to fill it in online? What website does she need to use. Thanks

On 1/4/2016 at 11:16 AM, TheAppletons said:

good advice, however, here is a caveat; even today my 90 took an hour in person even tho was the only customer; wife asked , per my prompting, whether we should/could do postal (as we have elsewhere , successfully for years); IO said, no, prefer in person as the forms change 'all the time'

what ??!! doubt there has ever been anyone here voicing anything positive about 90, but now it appears that inside the thai bureaucracy, they dont have a clue Or OR the IO was just pulling our chain

Just to point out this thread from January of last year. Managed to find the online link from Eclipse post above but form wasn’t accepted first time. 2nd time page went blank upon sending. She used the iPad. Will try laptop later. Does it make any difference? Is 90 day online reporting working ok? 

10 hours ago, roundtheworld said:

Just to point out this thread from January of last year. Managed to find the online link from Eclipse post above but form wasn’t accepted first time. 2nd time page went blank upon sending. She used the iPad. Will try laptop later. Does it make any difference? Is 90 day online reporting working ok? 

Internet explorer or a browser with an extension or user agent to emulate it must be used to complete the application for the report.

Online 90 day reporting is working. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Thanks ubonjoe. She tried this last night using internet explorer but after clicking ' submit ' a rectangular box with the message ' For further information regarding The 90 Day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch office in your residence area '. 

She is Burmese and on the end of a 6 month education visa. She went to Changwattana after the first 90 days to extend a further 90 days but went 6 days before the due date. Hence the difference in dates now from the time her 90 day report is due and her 2nd 90 day extension comes to an end. She may come back to live in Thailand in a year or two. If she can't successfully submit the online report should she go to Imperial World Ladprao to do it in person? If she doesn't report is she likely to face a fine in the future? Thanks

1 hour ago, roundtheworld said:

Thanks ubonjoe. She tried this last night using internet explorer but after clicking ' submit ' a rectangular box with the message ' For further information regarding The 90 Day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch office in your residence area '. 

The message means her record could not be found. Often is caused by an error when filling in one of the required fields marked with a . It is best to only complete those fields. The database it searches has info from the last entry to the country. 

1 hour ago, roundtheworld said:

If she can't successfully submit the online report should she go to Imperial World Ladprao to do it in person? If she doesn't report is she likely to face a fine in the future? Thanks

Ladprao is not as good as it once was since the lines are very long. The have also been telling people to do their next report at Chaeng Wattana.

The chance of her being fined is small.

If we don't do one will that present a problem when re-entering later in the year?

• If you don't report it will have no affect when re-entering.
  • The only problem may come when making a future 90 day report and only IF the IO notices you missed a report. In which case they could fine you 2,000 baht retrospectively. IMO that is very unlikely to happen.

Interesting. I guess the last Departure info from your TM6 is in somebody's computer; but would the TM47 folks be interested in bouncing this date against the date of your last 90-day report, to see if you were in non compliance with reporting? I guess they could be, and I guess a simple software program could determine where you were on the 90 day window before departure. But, I imagine they're mainly interested in looking at the 90 day window between either last TM47 report, or last TM6 Arrival date.

In any event, unless you're arrested while in non compliance with 90-day reporting, the fine remains 2000 baht (I believe.....). So, if had a flight out 10 days, 30 days, or longer -- after 90 day report is due -- would I take a long trip to Immigration, and wait in line several hours, to do a 90 day report (assuming on-line or mail reporting was, somehow, unavailable [the latter not likely]). Of course not, if I was never coming back. And most likely not, even if I were.