New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

Simply putting E85 in the tank give naff all power gains.

DELETED.Take the Tubo Civic it has to be converted to run E85.Yet all the others can use it. U.S. Drifters mod for power from 85 cause benzine gives less BHP. But what do they know above TV experts.[emoji99]

Need a private church for e85 believers

damned be those non-believers

Dont be fooled Bearpolar Iam a believer. Have mates back home with Turbo V8's tuned for 650hp on pump fuel and 900hp on E85.... it is good stuff however it aint simply a matter of filling the tank with it.

Rent a recent e85 compatible honda city

fill it with e10 91 for a day

empty it and switch to e85

you'll see the 10%+ gains that are talked about everywhere

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually smaller turbos have less lag. They spool up faster. And there's no way any Thai accord (even 2.4) can do 0-100 in 7.6 secs. They are all around 10-11 sec. Please stop quoting foreign media for your times. They don't necessarily apply here.

These....

speed

0-100 = 9.11

80-120= 6.77

are from a quick drive. I would wait for more data on this. The new civic is 100+ kg more than the previous 2.0 model. So I think 8+ secs would be OK. Jet's just wait longer for a proper published LOCAL review.

sorry but:

1. Not small turbos, i say about small engine. Lag in 1.8L VW CC can easy filling than VW CC 3.6 L .

Because have more diference power engine with turbo and without.

And ofcouse trasmition and how gast acceleration important too.

2.I am not talking about 2.4 Honda. And in 8 gen for example with automatic trasmission its not only Thailand Accord not be fast 8 gen its even lost sports handeling . Honda try make "family sedan"

I am talking about Accord V6 3.0 2003-2007

You say its 10-11 sec?

You seriosly?wink.png

The accord v6 3.0 auto in Thailand is 8 - 9 secs for 0-100 km/h. A nissan sylphy turbo is a bit faster than that. The civic will approach that time, but slower than sylphy. The accord 2.4 is 10-11 sec, similar to 2.0 civic. I never quote overseas times. I have no interest in their times. They don't apply here.
sorry hard to believe that accord 3.0 9 seconds. I tried Thai accord. I tried Nissan. when overtaking a car 100 kmph and up Nissan i wants to go out and and help acceleration. there is no certainty. and here at Honda smooth acceleration to 160 km. May be thai accord some different from ammerican and ofcouse different with inspire . but i can the feeling is the same acceleration.

Most likely alcohol (or some sorta special racing jungle juice like C16), not Ethanol.

Depends on actual race class.... if you can use meth you would not use anything else.

EDIT: orientation of the throttle body and turbo cold side piping suggests it might not be methanol. Usually done like that for a cabin mounted W2A intercooler.

Edited by Don Mega

DELETED.Take the Tubo Civic it has to be converted to run E85.Yet all the others can use it. U.S. Drifters mod for power from 85 cause benzine gives less BHP. But what do they know above TV experts.[emoji99]

Dont be fooled Bearpolar Iam a believer. Have mates back home with Turbo V8's tuned for 650hp on pump fuel and 900hp on E85.... it is good stuff however it aint simply a matter of filling the tank with it.

It seems to be that even though some cars can run on E85 here, they are not specifically tuned for it. Need aftermarket ecu piggyback and tune it on a dyno for e85 specifically.

Actually smaller turbos have less lag. They spool up faster. And there's no way any Thai accord (even 2.4) can do 0-100 in 7.6 secs. They are all around 10-11 sec. Please stop quoting foreign media for your times. They don't necessarily apply here.

These....

speed

0-100 = 9.11

80-120= 6.77

are from a quick drive. I would wait for more data on this. The new civic is 100+ kg more than the previous 2.0 model. So I think 8+ secs would be OK. Jet's just wait longer for a proper published LOCAL review.

sorry but:

1. Not small turbos, i say about small engine. Lag in 1.8L VW CC can easy filling than VW CC 3.6 L .

Because have more diference power engine with turbo and without.

And ofcouse trasmition and how gast acceleration important too.

2.I am not talking about 2.4 Honda. And in 8 gen for example with automatic trasmission its not only Thailand Accord not be fast 8 gen its even lost sports handeling . Honda try make "family sedan"

I am talking about Accord V6 3.0 2003-2007

You say its 10-11 sec?

You seriosly?wink.png

The accord v6 3.0 auto in Thailand is 8 - 9 secs for 0-100 km/h. A nissan sylphy turbo is a bit faster than that. The civic will approach that time, but slower than sylphy. The accord 2.4 is 10-11 sec, similar to 2.0 civic. I never quote overseas times. I have no interest in their times. They don't apply here.
sorry hard to believe that accord 3.0 9 seconds. I tried Thai accord. I tried Nissan. when overtaking a car 100 kmph and up Nissan i wants to go out and and help acceleration. there is no certainty. and here at Honda smooth acceleration to 160 km. May be thai accord some different from ammerican and ofcouse different with inspire . but i can the feeling is the same acceleration.

From headlightmag.com

Thai website

2.4 accord 0-100 10.24 sec, 80-120 7.37

3.0 accord 0-100 8.82 sec 80-120 7.37

3.5 accord 0-100 8.54 sec 80-120 6.27 (Camry 3.5 is faster than these times)

smaller cars here:

http://www.headlightmag.com/hlmwp/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/sylphy_turbo_03.jpg

It seems to be that even though some cars can run on E85 here, they are not specifically tuned for it. Need aftermarket ecu piggyback and tune it on a dyno for e85 specifically.

Flex fuel sensors.

Cars will run on it and the ECU recognizes the fuel and adapts operational parameter's to it whilst maintaining close to OEM spec HP and torque.

Don you seem to know what your talking about so I have a serious question..

Can I ECU Flash the new civic and if you can what would you think could be taken off the 9 second 0-100 Time...?

I'm in doubts about buying it now unless I can get a little extra power from it..

Thanks

Can I ECU Flash the new civic and if you can what would you think could be taken off the 9 second 0-100 Time...?

I'm in doubts about buying it now unless I can get a little extra power from it..

Thanks

Do you have the hardware, software and new tune to flash the ECU. If not then you will take nothing off the 0-100 time.

Thanks

Do you have the hardware, software and new tune to flash the ECU. If not then you will take nothing off the 0-100 time.

No I don't but that's what I'm trying to find out before I probably head into Bangkok to find out who can do it... I'm just trying to find out how much I could shave off that time without <deleted>@king the engine

Thanks

No I don't but that's what I'm trying to find out before I probably head into Bangkok to find out who can do it... I'm just trying to find out how much I could shave off that time without <deleted>@king the engine

I'm sure it will be tuneable but it's a new engine and not even in the market yet. I'm sure more can be done with it as it's a turbo and not NA. Problem is its already running one bar of boost and the CVT will be the weak point. Just wait until some official figures come in for it's (local) performance. But they won't be available until the car is being sold here.

Thanks

I'm sure it will be tuneable but it's a new engine and not even in the market yet. I'm sure more can be done with it as it's a turbo and not NA. Problem is its already running one bar of boost and the CVT will be the weak point. Just wait until some official figures come in for it's (local) performance. But they won't be available until the car is being sold here.

Yes I agree with you.. I won't be buying till April at the earliest.. The U.S model has 1.15, Does the Thai model only have 1?

Thanks

Yes I agree with you.. I won't be buying till April at the earliest.. The U.S model has 1.15, Does the Thai model only have 1?

Yes I believe so...something to do with fuel quality.

I really hope they add e85 capability to the civic. It would really enhance the aftermarket tuning options. Can run a lot more boost and more aggressive timing with it.

The fact that the focus gets it is good though. Also remember that because these cars are released in the USA market it means that they will tune it like crazy and extract a lot of horsepower from it in various stages.

See what they did with the new Audi that has E85. The Q5 actually could be a decent performing well priced second hand option. See them go for 1.4 million frequently second hand. 318 hp and over 400 ft-lbs torque isn't too bad with the stock turbo. The stage 3 kit with the bigger turbo will produce well over 350hp.

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen2_long_b85.html

Edited by madhav

• 2 weeks later...

Price for 1.5T = 1,090,000

Price for 1.5T RS = 1,190,000

Price for 1.8EL = 990,000

Price for 1.8 E = 895,000

From sources inside Honda Leasing.

There ya go..spillin' the beans thumbsup.gif They are good prices I think:) i was dreading 1.3M for the top model.

About 150K Mr T.

Mine was the last year 8th generation was produced, 2010 and prices are going on used sites for 450-475k+. Your price may be correct for 1st year production.

Wondering is Thailand getting both variants of the 1.5T, that is the 1.5T and the 1.5T RS? What is the difference between the two that warrants 100K price difference. In the past the Navigator function did usually add around 60K+ to the price.

Yes Thailand is getting the RS.

Differences between both models are probably going to be the body-kit, badging, and maybe some additional gear.

From Paul Tan's website:

Available equipment on the range topping 1.5 Turbo RS include LED headlamps, LED rear signature lamps, front electrically adjustable seats (eight-way for driver, four-way passenger), dual-zone auto air-con, keyless entry with push start, cruise control, Honda LaneWatch, engine remote start, seven-inch touchscreen audio with Apple CarPlay, navigation, reverse camera and six airbags, among other things.

Edited by JoeW