New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

I checked the local Honda dealer and they say the 1.8EL would be 2.39% with a 400k deposit over 4 years which is ok .

Might see what they will charge for the turbo over 4 years .The dealer is phoning every other day so must be wanting to push the sale .

When i looked at Fords a while ago i actually had a sales rep come to my house to discuss finance . I could not believe it as i only said the area i lived in ,they must have asked the locals directions to the farangs house?

Didnt even let them in!

I know fords are not very popular here but jeez desperate much?

Think I mentioned here or somewhere else, motorshow is doing 2.09% for bookings by 3rd April and delivery by 30th April.

Is that for all models? I booked a Turbo RS from Chonburi and they are advising June.sad.png

That's the tricky part, finding a dealer that has or will have stock before the cutoff date. Generally you need to receive delivery before the cut off date, it's rare they link it to when you booked the car. This is the reason why many will flood the shows day 1 to snag the available stock.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the local Honda dealer and they say the 1.8EL would be 2.39% with a 400k deposit over 4 years which is ok .

Might see what they will charge for the turbo over 4 years .The dealer is phoning every other day so must be wanting to push the sale .

When i looked at Fords a while ago i actually had a sales rep come to my house to discuss finance . I could not believe it as i only said the area i lived in ,they must have asked the locals directions to the farangs house?

Didnt even let them in!

I know fords are not very popular here but jeez desperate much?

Think I mentioned here or somewhere else, motorshow is doing 2.09% for bookings by 3rd April and delivery by 30th April.

Is that for all models? I booked a Turbo RS from Chonburi and they are advising June.sad.png

That's the tricky part, finding a dealer that has or will have stock before the cutoff date. Generally you need to receive delivery before the cut off date, it's rare they link it to when you booked the car. This is the reason why many will flood the shows day 1 to snag the available stock.

That's a bit unfair...the delivery part. If you book a car at the show for a given interest rate / package, they should honour it regardless of when they can deliver the car.

That's a bit unfair...the delivery part. If you book a car at the show for a given interest rate / package, they should honour it regardless of when they can deliver the car.

Hence the reason people pile in asap. The truth is they are more headline grabbing than anything else. The dealers themselves are largely a bunch of SMEs buying on 30 day credit terms. No way they will stock pile for the events in case they get stuck with a load of stock.

There are some dealers I know who are owned by huge companies and these guys make a killing at the events because they can bankroll huge inventories. Sometimes you need to speak to different reps at the same stand, as their dealership may have stock. The reps themselves may also do deals and pass on sales to each other with a nice kickback included for landing the customer.

Best thing to do is go to the shows early. If you can get in on a preview day that would give you a headstart. If you want to get the biggest lead do your deal before the event with the proviso you will get whatever deals they offer at the event. Normally I see deals launch a week or so before.

Hence the reason people pile in asap. The truth is they are more headline grabbing than anything else. The dealers themselves are largely a bunch of SMEs buying on 30 day credit terms. No way they will stock pile for the events in case they get stuck with a load of stock.

There are some dealers I know who are owned by huge companies and these guys make a killing at the events because they can bankroll huge inventories. Sometimes you need to speak to different reps at the same stand, as their dealership may have stock. The reps themselves may also do deals and pass on sales to each other with a nice kickback included for landing the customer.

Best thing to do is go to the shows early. If you can get in on a preview day that would give you a headstart. If you want to get the biggest lead do your deal before the event with the proviso you will get whatever deals they offer at the event. Normally I see deals launch a week or so before.

If they find it hard to move the new focus they may end up doing a fiesta turbo on it - giving 100K discounts. Fortunately I'm not in the market for a car for another couple of years. Want to see how sales / reliability and resale is on the focus/civic.

Tried to order an RS (paying cash) at the show but was told that I needed a work permit and that I could only buy one from Chone Buri dealer if I intended using it in Pattaya. New rules from 1'st of March :-o I talked with 3 different persons and all said the same... So I left the show without any contract.

Tried to order an RS (paying cash) at the show but was told that I needed a work permit and that I could only buy one from Chone Buri dealer if I intended using it in Pattaya. New rules from 1'st of March :-o I talked with 3 different persons and all said the same... So I left the show without any contract.

The government created new regulations for foreigners that your vehicle must be registered in the same region where your work permit is/where you live. My work permit is in Rayong my previous vehicle was registered in Bangkok and I had to get it re-registered in Rayong before I sold it. I've lived in Rayong and bought cars and bikes and registered them with Bangkok plates for the past 11 years until this new rule came in recently.

Does anyone know if the new Civic is assembled and/or produced in Thailand?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

100% sure it is. They wouldn't be able to sell it here if they didn't, it'd be excruciatingly expensive.
That's my initial thought too. Not that the car isn't already expensive compared to the West...

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Surely you do not need a work permit to buy a car in Thailand? Otherwise all retirees will be on Baht Busses.biggrin.png

Well, not before. I was just made aware of these new regulations today. I've no idea how that would affect retirees who don't have work permits. Recent events regarding terrorism is seeing the screwed slowly tightening down on foreigners here.

you find 3 person do not know they job or not well speack english.

You need adress proof for registration car. Its can be wwork permit, or from imigration, or from your consulate, or yellow home book.

About place buy. I guess its as red number plate cant out city (place registration)

They don't give a rats DELETED about work permits Visas,all they want is an address that they can send the fine to ,but keep the topic up ,I'm sick of Ford n Honda bleatings by moped riders who can't afford either.[emoji482][emoji99]

Edited by seedy
language

They don't give a rats about work permits Visas,all they want is an address that they can send the fine to ,but keep the topic up ,I'm sick of Ford n Honda bleatings by moped riders who can't afford either.[emoji482][emoji99]

Why would the car companies be concerned with an address to send a fine to ?

They don't give a rats about work permits Visas,all they want is an address that they can send the fine to ,but keep the topic up ,I'm sick of Ford n Honda bleatings by moped riders who can't afford either.[emoji482][emoji99]

dealer ( car company) need for... register car in police..whistling.gif

Police ?

Surely the vehicle is registered with the Land Transport Dept.

Surely you do not need a work permit to buy a car in Thailand? Otherwise all retirees will be on Baht Busses.biggrin.png

That is what I told them as well. A Residency certificate from the Immigration should be enough. I talked with two sales staff on the show and also a female supervisor on the phone. All said the same. Really strange. I will head to Honda here in Pattaya and ask them tomorrow.

Police ?

Surely the vehicle is registered with the Land Transport Dept.

OK ok. DLT.

For me its similar:)

FWIW, I just went through the process of collecting my blue book for a new Honda (ended up with HRV, no folding rear seats killed the Civic practicality for us) about a week ago.

I had provided the dealer with proof of residence (from embassy) and passport copies. I paid cash so nothing else was supposedly required.

However, for bluebook collection, the dealer subsequently asked for a copy of my visa, which I duly sent to him.

A couple of days later, he asked for a SIGNED copy of my visa, which I also complied with.

Finally, he said I must accompany him to the DLT to prove I was a "real person"...

I resisted this last request, instead suggesting that his DLT guy take my physical passport to the Bangkok DLT office..which he did (I provided new signed copies just in case)..and viola! I finally got the blue book.

The dealer told me there was a new boss at the DLT and therefore new rules. This being Thailand, that didn't really surprise me, and from other comments here it appears that there really are (could be?) some new rules, real or imaginary.

FYI, I don't have a work permit, and I was led to believe any long-stay visa/extension would work, but never really got clarity on exactly the DLT was looking for. Could spell trouble for those trying to buy without any visa, but who really knows, it could all change overnight.

I ordered a RS Turbo last week in Chonburi -looking at May /June delivery - anyone with better dates?

Did you test drive it first? How was it?

No dealer in Chonburi Province has one yet - so no to your question. How did you get on with Pattaya dealers regarding work permit.?

Edited by pontious

I ordered a RS Turbo last week in Chonburi -looking at May /June delivery - anyone with better dates?

No dealer in Chonburi Province has one yet - so no to your question. How did you get on with Pattaya dealers regarding work permit.?

I'm not sure any rs have been delivered yet. I saw 2 1.8 new civics on Friday on red plates. I think the rs is due a little later. Even a car reviewer I know is not able to test one until May. The good think it that it's worth the wait...much better than any previous civic.

Look further afield,friend gets black RS from Uttaradit Province in About 4 weeks but white was longer to wait.Phitsanulok have an RS Turbo demo the boss uses I'm told..if backed away to see if the turbos blow up like I usually make em do.[emoji87]

So I expected. I haven't had any time to visit any dealer yet.

I am very near to putting a deposit on a 1.5 turbo but not the Rs as i only like the spoiler as an extra.Thinking of the white as had a few black cars but they only look good clean.

Our dealer says we can get one by 2 week of May.