Visa For My Wife To England

Hi all

I am a english man who has lived in Thailand for about two years. I have been married since last August (eight months). My wife is a school teacher, and is twenty eight years old, as am i. I have known her since last march, and we have lived together (in the same house) since last May. I have all recepts of this.

Last month i had to come back to england as my money level was getting low. I had to leave my wife behind. I will be going back to thailand at the end of next month, and i am going to try and get her a one year visa for england. The problem that i have is that i dont know what moneys i have to show in the bank to be able to get her a visa? Also i have no assets. I will have a letter from my current employer to say that upon my return i can start work stright away. I also wil have three months of wage slips to show. I have about £4000 in my bank. I have emails that we have sent everyday to each other since we have been apart. With regards to where we will stay, my sister has a three storey house and has said that we can have the top floor to live. What evidence would i need from my sister to show at the embassy? Would she have to invite her? Would my sister have to show that she was able to surport her? Would she have to show her bank statements?

If anyone could please give me the relevent informtion it would be greatly receved. Thanks for taking the time to read my questions.

i'm not an expert but if your married legally then your halfway already.

take with you (2 or 3 copies of everything)

bank statements, you and wife

letter from your employer

employment of wife

qualifications of wife

prove of relationship, pics etc

letter from your sister guaranteeing your accomodation (maybe you could make a rental agreement)

i've a few mates who have already been successful, they were only married for a matter of weeks.

if you are'nt registered as married with the embassy then do it first.

good luck, pm if u need more help

• 2 weeks later...