Drunk Australian falls through front door of Pattaya Police Station

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seriously doubt the accuracy of this reporting.

I've never seen an Australian drunk.....facepalm.gif

.. and I've seen many Australians sober too.biggrin.png

He was suspected of being drunk, but people do trip and fall even when sober and people do walk into glass doors. My sober wife is guilty of that. He's wearing flip-flops too, not the most stable of footwear.

What's the bet? The door will be replaced with the same type of glass ..ready for the next victim.

I was wondering how the blame would be shifted onto Thailand. TV never fails to deliver when it comes to making a "blameless" farang the victim of the sinister Thais.

What's the bet? The door will be replaced with the same type of glass ..ready for the next victim.

What a good idea. Next time it might lead to an unfortunate if timely demise and may raise the collective IQs of both countries

Building codes in many Western countries require tempered glass in glass doors so when broken they shatter into small, harmless pieces. Most cars have laminated windscreens and the rest of the windows are tempered glass. This way screen doesn't shatter while the car driven, causing an accident.

What's the betting that you don't know what type of glass was originally fitted and that you couldn't make a suggestion for a better replacement?

Why do you describe the drunk as a victim?

Why? I bet you've got a hole in the ground somewhere waiting for an accident, but not really sure if it's the same as yours' or not, so no need to making it safer because you know it's there.

I thought wired glass was the choice in doors. Never imagined vehicles could have less than standard laminated OEM.

Wired glass has a fire rating not a safety (break safe) rating, it is used in fire doors, but in smaller and higher panels. Toughened and laminated glass both have safety ratings for hazard areas in buildings. The disadvantages of toughened glass in windscreens are obvious, toughened glass is used elsewhere in vehicles.

"Victim"? As an obvious Thai knocker, you'll be saying next that this violent unprovoked Thai door, jumped out and attacked this poor, innocent farang bystander.

You've got watch our for those Thai doors.

In most countries the door would have to have toughened or laminated glass...

Even putting a adhesive plastic security film on standard glass would be a big improvement. a good quality film can prevent the glass from breaking in most instances, and if the glass does break it will not only hold the glass together preventing injury but also maintains a degree of security.

So many video clips, news items and TV doco's here in Oz about the Australian Embassy needing to help so

many Aussies being drunk, drugged and irresponsible idiots in Thailand.

Sure its warm there but; shorts, singlets and thongs as a dress standard?

Edited by Rimmer

In fairness to my young friend here, I've fallen three times since I've been here as an expat, never as a long long standing (Hurr!) tourist. One time I was very drunk. 12 big Beers! The other 2, not focused on the crappy terrain that passes for carpark and mall public areas. So far no stitches...

So... a guy who is drunk falls through a door and cuts himself up and it's the fault of the RTP, the Thai people, Thailand, the air in Thailand or anything Thai and couldn't possibly be his own fault eh? Some people will go to any level to kick Thailand won't they.........

By your logic, a Thai drunk driver crashing and killing others isn't at fault because the vehicles should be made stronger for "the next "victim" ...