Health/medical Insurance For A Thai Friend

Maldoror

Hi,

since it is my understanding that most Thais, at least the ones I mingle with, have next to nothing when it comes to health/medical security/insurance but have to cover any medical treatment expenses out of their own pocket, I wish to provide some of my Thai friends with an appropriate insurance to cover at least the basics, i.e. broken limbs.

I have heard about the Gold Card, but don't know what it is.

I have heard about the 30THB scheme but that doesn't seem to work.

I have heard about BUPA, Thai Health, Thai Insurance and others.

What I need is recommendations from those who have done what I am planning to do. I look for a no nonsence, straight forward, honest insurance company :o that is willing to insure a Thai! Surely many of you "out there" have done this already! And have tons of experience to share!

Please help me out,

Maldoror

My wife works for New York Life Insurance uin Thailand if you want to discuss this with her or alternatively you can try AIA Insurance instead.

The problem is, out patient insurance (OPD) can be quite expensive to have and you need to decide if you want to pay for their out patient hospital fees or just those where they end up in a hospital overnight or having an operation etc...

• 1 month later...

My wife works for New York Life Insurance uin Thailand if you want to discuss this with her or alternatively you can try AIA Insurance instead.

The problem is, out patient insurance (OPD) can be quite expensive to have and you need to decide if you want to pay for their out patient hospital fees or just those where they end up in a hospital overnight or having an operation etc...

PM me for info on life/accident/healthinsurance

AIA or BUPA are real good but as with all Insurance read the small print very carefully including the exceptions and make the Thai person understand it, copy in Thai before you take it should be available. Go for the major treatment packages not Out Patients is my advice.