Khon Kaen red in trouble over 3-finger salute

webfact

Prayut should turn it round on them and display the 3 fingered salute.

1/ Reform

2/ Reconciliation

3/ Peace (as the red thugs are no longer holding the nation at the barrel of an M79)

I am saddened that Prayut is following the red ethos that if you don't agree with us we will intimidate and threaten you. At least he is not directing violence at them like the reds SOP's dictates.

I see that you back from your sabbatical. Just to fill you in, nothing really hapen while you away. No reform, reconciliation and yes, the nation is still held at the barrel of guns and tanks and directing violence at people who don't agree with his junta. Prisoners die in lock-up and corruptions still happening. Now you are briefed accordingly and you can resume your sabbatical until the next election.

Security officials said the red-shirt leader's three-finger salute was an expression of opposition against the National Council for Peace and Order.

Er.. so what? Do we all how to bow down and pledge allegiance to a bunch of generals who overthrew the elected government? I think not.

Yes it's akin to a rapist hostage being asked to say "" I love you"" when being abused.

And through sheer delusion the rapist mid act starts to declare "" she loves me "" ( The Thai Nation) to all the world.

Those not in agreement while witnessing the horror ( democracy raped)

Are Taken to a back dungeon .( jail)

See attitude adjustment .

It's disgusting the west has anything to do with these creeps.

They are human rights abusers

And of course, the Shins were so much better.

War on drugs - innocents murdered, and some scores settled.

Muslim Massacres - interesting approach, extermination.

Computer Crimes - under the Shins it was proposed to prosecute people for "liking" a comment against them or their government. Wondered where the Junta got the idea.

No transparency - any rice scheme, flood management or other accounts ever released? Just vague contradictory numbers, whilst Yingluck was avoided parliament, meetings and questions she didn't like.

Lies - caught out lying so many times, ministers even admitted it and said it was ethical to lie.

Using your analogy if it's currently rape then before it was forced buggery.

Certainly disgusting that the corrupt Western governments, well some of them, allow a known criminal fugitive to get visas.

Security officials said the red-shirt leader's three-finger salute was an expression of opposition against the National Council for Peace and Order.

Er.. so what? Do we all how to bow down and pledge allegiance to a bunch of generals who overthrew the elected government? I think not.

Yes it's akin to a rapist hostage being asked to say "" I love you"" when being abused.

And through sheer delusion the rapist mid act starts to declare "" she loves me "" ( The Thai Nation) to all the world.

Computer Crimes - under the Shins it was proposed to prosecute people for "liking" a comment against them or their government. Wondered where the Junta got the idea.

No transparency - any rice scheme, flood management or other accounts ever released? Just vague contradictory numbers, whilst Yingluck was avoided parliament, meetings and questions she didn't like.

Lies - caught out lying so many times, ministers even admitted it and said it was ethical to lie.

Certainly disgusting that the corrupt Western governments, well some of them, allow a known criminal fugitive to get visas.

"And of course, the Shins were so much better."

Here we go again; But, but, but...Thaksin! Yes, actually they were, and that speaks volumes of the junta.

Edited by MZurf

I was just wondering. What is the "sell by" date on your argument?

At what point in time does the faults of the previous government no longer get injected into criticism of the current government's suppression of human rights?

Another year, two, five?

Time marches on.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

No matter what side of the political divide you support, I hope you all find it scary, that in year 2016 people are forcefully taken to army camps for "attitude-adjustment" by people wearing guns.

Their crime: A 3-finger salute, reading Orwell or eating a sandwich.

I find it very scary!!

1/ Reform

2/ Reconciliation

3/ Peace (as the red thugs are no longer holding the nation at the barrel of an M79)

I am saddened that Prayut is following the red ethos that if you don't agree with us we will intimidate and threaten you. At least he is not directing violence at them like the reds SOP's dictates.

Well, not unless you're banged up in the 11th Military Circle "Temporary Detention Facility"...

No matter what side of the political divide you support, I hope you all find it scary, that in year 2016 people are forcefully taken to army camps for "attitude-adjustment" by people wearing guns.

Their crime: A 3-finger salute, reading Orwell or eating a sandwich.

I find it very scary!!

Of course your absolutely right!

And most intelligent normal citizens from the civilised world could come to no other conclusion than yours.

It is unacceptable .

It is scary.

And yes it seems grim given they wear guns and have these places that sound sinister where attitudes are adjusted.

You can't say no.

Spit in their face

And / or demand your rights.

That's the whole thing about this Junta .

You have no rights.

It's all about them.

It's about the rape of freedoms and opinions

And yes ! In the 21st century...it's really bad .

Even disliking all dogs is forbidden ...one must reserve respect for the elite one .

Liking Facebook

Writing a poem .

An essay on river pollution

A calendar .

Thought crime is everywhere.

And the non sense polls of 99%

And Friday night propaganda on TV .

But the good news is word is out these guys are in for a tough year.

Eventually we will see them fall and die.

But one wonders what the Thais must endure first.?

1/ Reform

2/ Reconciliation

Well, not unless you're banged up in the 11th Military Circle "Temporary Detention Facility"...

Or die in jail.

Google "thai political opponents die in jail".

Posting links to those articles might break forum rules, but there are 8 articles on page one of Google about folks dying in jail recently.

Edited by jaywalker

Oh woe, Sisyphus had it easier than this, is there to be no future? will it never end?........

Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin!post-80674-0-51328400-1452061995_thumb.j

It's a pathological compulsion they all seem to have in common .

There has to be something to this stuff.

Another trait is empathy to current wrong doings.

And the focus can only be on Thaksins .

It's like a self denial .

Oh well ....

Lets hope the sanctions kick in over the military coverup on slavery .

Those death camps must earn a EU red card sometime soon.

post-219560-0-76948600-1452062814_thumb.

Edited by Plutojames88

Oh well ....

Yes. The "Something to this stuff" seems to be a belief that ANY government is good.

The US government was only decent from around the 1780's to 1864. Secession was a right, not an act of war (one falsely attributed to a racist idea). I am extraordinarily fed up with government the world over, and do not think any of them are good.

The very word government is foul in my mind.

I subscribe to the idea that EVERY government should be criticized, as I have yet to find utopia.

Criticism of the current thugs/crooks in no way (at least in my mind) shows support for the former thugs/crooks, but to the brainwashed non-thinkers it does seem to have that effect.

I am 100% apolitical - Red, yellow, blue, pink or magenta with purple polka dots.....they have all been crooks so far.

@phoenixdoglover

You

At what point in time does the faults of the previous government no longer get injected into criticism of the current government's suppression of human rights?

Another year, two, five?

Time marches on.

Me

For me criticism of human rights abused only cease when the scum responsible for them are rotting in gaol.

I apply that rule of thumb to any and all govts.

Edited by Bluespunk

3 finger salutes and calanders bad, political and worthy of attitude adjustment.

200 nationalists led by a highly politicised monk, marching on the US embassy with poorly written offensive sign's good. No action taken.

The sheer hypocrisy just goes to show there's no reconciliation on this governments mind and why they refuse to go to polls. They know they'll lose miserably.

In a December 24th issue of the BP front page Prayuth told the elite and rich they better get out in the next election and vote or the country would return to social practices. Gee I guess we know now which side he is on.

@phoenixdoglover

You

Another year, two, five?

Time marches on.

Me

For me criticism of human rights abused only cease when the scum responsible for them are rotting in gaol.

I apply that rule of thumb to any and all govts.

And the criticism is justified in its own right. But not as a counter-argument (under the "two wrongs don't make a right doctrine).

Pitiful! The one finger salute usually works better. giggle.gif

Yes more universal in nature. Another Canadian invention I think.

Actually it's not. The 1 finger salute comes from the English. During one of their wars with the French, the French vowed to cut off the middle finger of all English archers, so they couldn't use their longbows. The French lost, and the English proudly displayed the fact that they still had their middle finger.

Your history lesson for the day.

thumbsup.gif

1/ Reform

2/ Reconciliation

At least he is not directing violence at them like the reds SOP's dictates

two things here, are you sure that he doesn't do that? There are reports of detainees being tortured, people's families are being stalked, and harassed, dozens of Thais have fled the country in order to save their lives, people dying in military custody and cremated before autopsies could be done, ...

yeah, it's a good thing that these red thugs aren't on the streets any longer... like these guys, ...

Shortly before noon, police deployed tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the crowds, but were met with gunshots and grenades from beyond the barricades

or, ...

WO-AR119_THAILA_P_20140126181727.jpg

or, ...

rifle_in_the_sack_thailand_bangkok_unres

Pitiful! The one finger salute usually works better. giggle.gif

Yes more universal in nature. Another Canadian invention I think.

Actually it's not. The 1 finger salute comes from the English. During one of their wars with the French, the French vowed to cut off the middle finger of all English archers, so they couldn't use their longbows. The French lost, and the English proudly displayed the fact that they still had their middle finger.

Your history lesson for the day.

thumbsup.gif

Actually that's the alleged origin of the "V" sign.

Origins

A commonly repeated legend claims that the two-fingered salute or V sign derives from a gesture made by longbowmen fighting in the English and Welsh[26] archers at the Battle of Agincourt (1415) during the Hundred Years' War, but no historical primary sources support this contention.[27]

The first unambiguous evidence of the use of the insulting V sign in England dates to 1901, when a worker outside Parkgate ironworks in Rotherham used the gesture (captured on the film) to indicate that he did not like being filmed.[28] Peter Opie interviewed children in the 1950s and observed in The Lore and Language of Schoolchildren that the much older thumbing of the nose (cock-a-snook) had been replaced by the V sign as the most common insulting gesture used in the playground.[28]

Between 1975 and 1977 a group of anthropologists including Desmond Morris studied the history and spread of European gestures and found the rude version of the V-sign to be basically unknown outside the British Isles. In his Gestures: Their Origins and Distribution, published in 1979, Morris discussed various possible origins of this sign but came to no definite conclusion:

because of the strong taboo associated with the gesture (its public use has often been heavily penalised). As a result, there is a tendency to shy away from discussing it in detail. It is "known to be dirty" and is passed on from generation to generation by people who simply accept it as a recognised obscenity without bothering to analyse it... Several of the rival claims are equally appealing. The truth is that we will probably never know...[28]

Oh well ....

Yes. The "Something to this stuff" seems to be a belief that ANY government is good.

The US government was only decent from around the 1780's to 1864. Secession was a right, not an act of war (one falsely attributed to a racist idea). I am extraordinarily fed up with government the world over, and do not think any of them are good.

The very word government is foul in my mind.

I subscribe to the idea that EVERY government should be criticized, as I have yet to find utopia.

Criticism of the current thugs/crooks in no way (at least in my mind) shows support for the former thugs/crooks, but to the brainwashed non-thinkers it does seem to have that effect.

I am 100% apolitical - Red, yellow, blue, pink or magenta with purple polka dots.....they have all been crooks so far.

Secession was not a right, it was a blatent act of treason by a bunch of crooked tax doggers. But otherwise you are correct.