Non Immigrant O based on Thai child

After reading this forum i have just discovered that i can get a non imm visa at Vientiane based on the fact that i have a Thai child here.

I understand i will get a single entry visa which i can extend by 60 days

I need to show her Thai birth certificate plus a copy of her house book registry....Is this all that is required?

I would just like to confirm that this is possible before i head off there with passport in hand….has anyone done this recently?

Also are there any longer term visa possibilities based on the fact that my daughter is Thai?

Myself and my ex-wife are now separated (legally divorced after marriage) but my daughter does stay with me 1-2 days of the week.

Any info greatly appreciated!

I got in Bangkok extension of stay for 1 year with multiple re-entry. Second time now.

Required were:

Birth certificate

Mothers ID

Tambien Ban

Passport copies

Letter from Bank proving funds

6 pictures with the Kids

Requirements may vary on immigration officers discretion......

• Like 2

You would need a copy of the birth certificate, the mothers id card and her house registration book. They should be all signed by her.

Only the child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry is needed.

Nothing from the mother will be needed.

• Like 1

I got in Bangkok extension of stay for 1 year with multiple re-entry. Second time now.

Required were:

Birth certificate

Mothers ID

Tambien Ban

Passport copies

6 pictures with the Kids

Stefan did you get the first visa at BKK immigration? Or did you leave the country for that?

I made that kind of Visa the last year once, (just needed the birth certificate of my kid in copy, and her Mom's blue house book as well in copy and a Residential Document that stated my address in Thailand - given from the immigration as shown my rental contract), but didn't extend for a year as i had to go to Europe for an unknown time.

To extend than for a year, you need a proofed income from at least 100.000 Baht as they said - which i got from my Consulate - but never used, as i didn't apply. But i been told that you have to go at least 2 weeks before this first term is over in order to extend for a year.

Does anyone know if this same Visa is possible to do in Singapore?

As - as you might know - AirAsia is flying now for 890 Baht to Singapore - one way - from Utapao. I bet it's way more comfortable to fly down there instead of sitting in a Bus to Vientiane for 10 hours or more .. and the price - if you count the "fly out" ticket from Thailand which you need - but therefore not need the Laos-Visa is about the same price. And a Hotel-Night in Singapore you can get also for around 1.000 Baht - pretty much the same as in Vientiane.

Remains the question:

Does the Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore issue the same based Visa?

I made that kind of Visa the last year once, (just needed the birth certificate of my kid in copy, and her Mom's blue house book as well in copy and a Residential Document that stated my address in Thailand - given from the immigration as shown my rental contract), but didn't extend for a year as i had to go to Europe for an unknown time.

To extend than for a year, you need a proofed income from at least 100.000 Baht as they said - which i got from my Consulate - but never used, as i didn't apply. But i been told that you have to go at least 2 weeks before this first term is over in order to extend for a year.

Does anyone know if this same Visa is possible to do in Singapore?

As - as you might know - AirAsia is flying now for 890 Baht to Singapore - one way - from Utapao. I bet it's way more comfortable to fly down there instead of sitting in a Bus to Vientiane for 10 hours or more .. and the price - if you count the "fly out" ticket from Thailand which you need - but therefore not need the Laos-Visa is about the same price. And a Hotel-Night in Singapore you can get also for around 1.000 Baht - pretty much the same as in Vientiane.

Remains the question:

Does the Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore issue the same based Visa?

The embassy in Singapore is not a good place to get any visa. I don't recommend you go there.

You can fly to Udon Thani and then take a van to the bridge in Nong Khai, Nok Air has a fly/ride service to Vientiane via Udon.

Air Asia has flights to Udon from Utapao (1378.85 baht round trip next week).

You live and learn! The young guys have a long term visa option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes -- but at least for the extension of stay, you actually have to live with the kid and not be roaming around elsewhere:

Police Order 327/2557 at 2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):

4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Well - we have our house together - as well as i have my private spot elsewhere.

But - on what matter ubonjoe state that Singapore isn't a good place for Visa-Things?

Any experiences or whats the issue there?

To many people have been denied visas there is why. Even residents and citizens of Singapore have problems.getting visas.

Also I don't recall any report of them doing one based upon being the parent of a Thai

Well - we have our house together - as well as i have my private spot elsewhere.

<snip>

In the same Police Order 2.19 paragraph -- but for extension via marriage -- they state that "the relationship must be de jure and de facto" so, as to how much wiggle room they would give to a sometimes absentee father who maintains a separate residence elsewhere, I have no idea.

Edited by JLCrab

Many thanks for the replies! I really did not know that this was an option for me until reading this forum yesterday smile.png

Are you the legal father of the child?

Check here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

If so, you can get 1 year extension of stay based on being parent to a Thai national if you can show 400.000 in bank or 40.000 baht income.

Savanakhet will give you one year multiple entry if you are the legal father of the child.

penang is also an option for 1 year multiple entry. (have to leave every 3 months) but god for 15 months total if you leave one more time and come back before expiry

need current bankbooks showing funds 100+k, mothers id, kids birth cert.

use an agent jims place or banana, painless.

• 5 months later...

Are you the legal father of the child as recognized in Thai law, or just your name stated on the birth certificate?

Required were:
Birth certificate
Mothers ID
Tambien Ban
Passport copies
6 pictures with the Kids

• 8 months later...
On 1/6/2016 at 8:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

Only the child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry is needed.

Can anyone confirm this is still the current requirement in Penang for a multi-entry non-o?

- Child's original birth certificate + copy.

- Copy of child's house book page (a single page).

- About 100,000 Baht in a bank account.

7 minutes ago, Awk said:

Can anyone confirm this is still the current requirement in Penang for a multi-entry non-o?

You will need copies of page 1 and the page your child is registered of the house book.

You now need 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Awk said:

In addition to the requirements noted by @ubonjoe, note that Penang will usually only issue a single entry Non O at the first time of asking. If you subsequently apply again, they seem willing then to issue a multiple entry Non O. Go figure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need copies of page 1 and the page your child is registered of the house book.

Ah, that's a pity.  Amphur will provide a copy of the page the child is registered on, but no page one I'm told.  So looks like this is not an option for me then, as I do not have access to the original house book for copying.

7 hours ago, Awk said:

Ah, that's a pity.  Amphur will provide a copy of the page the child is registered on, but no page one I'm told.  So looks like this is not an option for me then, as I do not have access to the original house book for copying.

If you are getting a print out at an Amphoe it will have info that is equal to page one. Page 1 has the house number and etc on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are getting a print out at an Amphoe it will have info that is equal to page one. Page 1 has the house number and etc on it.

Ah, that's great.  So in that case, I will not need page one of the house book too, just the one page printout from Ampho with the child's address, right?

27 minutes ago, Awk said:

Ah, that's great.  So in that case, I will not need page one of the house book too, just the one page printout from Ampho with the child's address, right?

Yes just the printout from the Amphoe will be enough.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2016 at 8:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

I did my Non O visa in Vientiane in January and was asked for a copy of the mothers ID card also, and signed by her. Luckily I had a copy with me but not signed. The man said OK but next time the mother needs to sign.  

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/29/2017 at 12:07 PM, ubonjoe said:

@ubonjoe 

is this still the case?

My wife has just had our first child, is this any better than a visa based on marriage?

8 minutes ago, shaemus said:

@ubonjoe 

is this still the case?

My wife has just had our first child, is this any better than a visa based on marriage?

In Penang it is still the same.

No advantage to apply based upon being the parent of a Thai instead of marriage.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In Penang it is still the same.

No advantage to apply based upon being the parent of a Thai instead of marriage.

i am in Khon kaen. although i can do it from Perth Aus Do you know of any difference in the requirements?

Also another question, i have both UK and Aus PP. My Aus PP is getting full with the multitude of Laos visa etc etc, I have tried to use the Uk one which is empty but been refused by both Thai and Laos officials. Is this a cse of having to fly out and then use the Uk PP to enter. 

Thanks in Advance

Shaemus