Thai Interior Min to penalize corrupt officials

webfact

Min of Interior to penalize corrupt officials

BANGKOK, 6 January 2016 (NNT) – Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paochinda has vowed to spare no effort to penalize corrupt civil servants, saying that the ministry already has the names of those suspected of taking bribes.

Gen Anupong disclosed that the Ministry of Interior was in the process of establishing an investigative committee to look into the matter. Deputy Prime Minister Wisanu Krua-ngam has handed a third list of the names of unscrupulous civil servants to Deputy Interior Minister Suthee Makbun.

Gen Anupong revealed that most of the suspects were local civil servants but refused to divulge their names. He claimed no ministerial-level officials were involved in the scandal.

Meanwhile, Justice Minister Gen Paiboon Koomchaya said the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) would not scrutinize the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s 39-million baht budget spending on the Bangkok Light of Happiness activity as the probe would be handled by the Auditor General and the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-06 footer_n.gif

It's on one level comedy .

On another a deceptive attempt at appearances .

When someone points out corruption like in the ""Park "" case ...they get dragged over coals.

These guys are like rapists saying they make sure their victims are all modestly dressed.

Therefore it's ok.

It's a crime holding power by gun.

Arresting people for liking a face book post, or Boy Scout salute .

On what moral planet is that not corruption?

Denying opinions

Freedoms to protest

Unless its your brand.

This sewage they churn out begs sanctions .

I hope they hit em hard soon

Edited by Plutojames88

They should have compiled a list of honest officials in the Kingdom.

The list could be written on the back of a postage stamp. blink.png

Edit: I'll rephrase that last sentence for clarity.........The list could be written on the back of a postage stamp in very large handwriting."

Edited by Gsxrnz

We're told that the ministry already has a list of names of those suspected of taking bribes, and that the Ministry of Interior was in the process of establishing an investigative committee to look into the matter.

post-209291-0-03079000-1452071647_thumb.

Could it be that the MoI is having a hard time trying to find committee members who aren't on the list!

A good idea would be to keep a running total of Government officials, armed forces and police personnel imprisoned for corruption - like they did for accidents and deaths and impounded cars over the New Year period. It could be updated weekly and published in all the papers. Not only would it keep corruption in the public eye, but it would also demonstrate what was being done about it.

Instead of penalization or corrupt official, why not follow the policies of China. Have a trial, find them guilty and execute them.

Last year I wrote about decimation may be having the desired effect, but with HRW already wondering about Thailand I guess that's out of the question.

A good idea would be to keep a running total of Government officials, armed forces and police personnel imprisoned for corruption - like they did for accidents and deaths and impounded cars over the New Year period. It could be updated weekly and published in all the papers. Not only would it keep corruption in the public eye, but it would also demonstrate what was being done about it.

Well, at least those container prisons would come in handy then wink.png

It's on one level comedy .

On another a deceptive attempt at appearances .

When someone points out corruption like in the ""Park "" case ...they get dragged over coals.

These guys are like rapists saying they make sure their victims are all modestly dressed.

Therefore it's ok.

It's a crime holding power by gun.

Arresting people for liking a face book post, or Boy Scout salute .

On what moral planet is that not corruption?

Denying opinions

Freedoms to protest

Unless its your brand.

This sewage they churn out begs sanctions .

I hope they hit em hard soon

They probably will, but only if they are "of the other color". After all, one must be "politically correct", Thai style. coffee1.gif

As long as anyone can walk up lower Sukhumvit in Bkk and see and buy copies sex toys and drugs, see prostitutes, and have police just standing there I will never believe Thailand is serious about corruption.

Yeah, what would the world come to if two consenting adults had sex for cash, or, (shiver me timbers!) used sex toys!

Pretty sure it would implode tomorrow.

The only difference I see in the published figure of close to 70% of Thais interviewed felt corruption was ok, if they benifited individually and the entire civil sector on government payroll, is 70% of the latter did or are personally benifiting.