Protein powders

Hal65

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2nd Road, outside Mikes Shopping Malls parking lot, a small row of shops that starts on 2nd Rd parking lot, opposite of fruit stands, directly across the street from Kiss restaurant. I know this sounds confusing lol

There is small shop there, all they sell is different protein powders, jars on the window. If you want, I'll click a pic tomorrow and post map screen.

Most of the drug stores, Watson, Boots, and Facing, etc., sell various local and imported protein powders. The Siam Drug on the ground floor of the Big C mall in North Pattaya (near entrance to Big C itself) sells imported ON-Optimum powders from USA...but the price is about 2 Stateside.

www.fitwhey.com in BKK they deliver in pattaya for free

10 lbs is 3799 Baht at Fitwhey...all the big store prices are ridiculous......look up older posts people have listed

access to plain no flavor protein for even less per pound than Fitwhey.

I take that back. Club protein seems to require an in person transfer. I'm emailing them now to see if paying via debit card is an option.

You can pay club protein from the ATM

I've never heard of that -- how's it done?

Thanks all, I ended up going with this one at 460 THB per kilo. http://www.clubproteinonline.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_27&product_id=55

It's soy protein. In doing some reading, the type of protein is negligible below the competitive level, and even there it is a debatable.

It's all a figment of the imagination, propelled by the bodybuilding/sporting supplement industry's (dishonest) marketing campaigns.

Unless you're deficient in protein, which is highly unlikely for most people living in Thailand, consuming extra protein is just a waste of money.

If you're heavy on PED's, then you may benefit, but when you stop using the PED's you'll soon revert back to the size of a normal person (possibly fatter too) and probably regret ever starting.

Never liked protein powders to be honest, in Thailand you can get plenty of chicken and other sources of protein eggs ect very very cheap, most pro bodybuilders do not use protein powder, they get their daily intake from food and roids.

However I found honey, protein powder, banana, ice cream and blueberry to be a nice shake.

Thanks all, I ended up going with this one at 460 THB per kilo. http://www.clubproteinonline.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_27&product_id=55

It's soy protein. In doing some reading, the type of protein is negligible below the competitive level, and even there it is a debatable.

It's all a figment of the imagination, propelled by the bodybuilding/sporting supplement industry's (dishonest) marketing campaigns.

Unless you're deficient in protein, which is highly unlikely for most people living in Thailand, consuming extra protein is just a waste of money.

If you're heavy on PED's, then you may benefit, but when you stop using the PED's you'll soon revert back to the size of a normal person (possibly fatter too) and probably regret ever starting.

Heavy claims -- do you have support for them?

Heavy claims -- do you have support for them?

What part didn't you believe?

I suggest you do some research, but really, if you believe ingesting soy protein powder is going to build muscle or improve your sporting prowess, up to you - go for it!

The studies I have seen show whey supplementation to be effective, this is also the general consensus of the weightlifting community. It is protein afterall.

I agree that most protein should come from whole foods though.

The studies I have seen show whey supplementation to be effective, this is also the general consensus of the weightlifting community. It is protein afterall.

I agree that most protein should come from whole foods though.

What studies have you seen which prove that well-nourished athletes need to supplement with protein powders? I bet you won't find any. Obviously it will only be of benefit if you're not getting enough protein from food. Of course purveyors of protein powders will suggest you need a lot of protein, but as I said, that's only the case with athletes using PEDs. Natural athletes don't need as much protein as the manufactures will lead you to believe.

I've probably consumed a tonne of whey protein powder over a 40 year period so I've had a lot of experience with it. You can use it as a meal replacement if you're lazy to prepare food and tired after training, but that's replacing food protein, not supplementing your intake.

Again I disagree, whey (and other protein powders) have their place as a supplement.

It's your money.

Why don't you post a link to a credible source that proofs that protein powders are a waste of money?

We've had these discussions ad nauseum on here in many such threads (even started my own years ago). I'm trying to save you money. It's pretty obvious that protein is a food (amino acids) and if you have enough in your diet you don't need supplements. Do you really need a link to state the obvious?

You can do your own research as there's plenty on this subject, or just use protein powders and tell us how you feel.

Edited by tropo

I'm trying to keep this civil and at the same time bring light to the other side:

High protein diets on their own increase muscle mass. (Working out helps even more obviously) For many of us it's hard to perfectly plan every meal in between all the girls of Pattaya. And protein powders are pretty cheap for what you get. Fish and steak ain't cheap in Thailand.

Put all these together and powder makes for a great supplement, in addition to whole foods acting as the primary source of protein.