Holding Dual Citizenship Is Illegal

\"It must be a stepbystep process, but there will be nationality selection for sure. They must hold only one nationality. Holding of dual citizenship as it is against Thailand\'s rules and laws,\" Thaksin said (Thailand prime minister)

It is not true. What is under review is removing dual citizenship of those with dual Malaysian/Thai citizenship (which Malaysia does not allow anyhow) that are involved in criminal activities. At this point there is no need for alarm AFAIK.

It is not true. What is under review is removing dual citizenship of those with dual Malaysian/Thai citizenship (which Malaysia does not allow anyhow) that are involved in criminal activities. At this point there is no need for alarm AFAIK.

I agree Lop. Malaysia and Singapore prohibit duality of citizenship.

ฟันก่อนคน2สัญชาติก่ออาชญากรรม

ผู้สื่อข่าวถามว่า จะให้มีการลงทะเบียนเลือกสัญชาติเมื่อใด นายกรัฐมนตรี กล่าวว่า ขั้นตอนนี้ค่อยมาว่ากัน แต่วันนี้เป็นการตกลงใจของนายกฯทั้ง 2 ประเทศ และมอบหมายให้รัฐมนตรีแฃะหัวหน้าหน่วยราชการทั้ง 2 ประเทศไปหารือกันเกี่ยวกับกลไกความร่วมมืออย่างละเอียด ซึ่งรมว.มหาดไทย รมว.กลาโหม และข้าราชการชั้นผู้ใหญ่ที่เดินทางไปกับตนก็ยังอยู่ที่มาเลเซียเพื่อหารือวางกลไกการดำเนินการ อย่างใกล้ชิดอยู่

Don't worry Chairat. They are getting their civil servants to look at the "process" and the "steps". You know when they get civil servants to review something, it means nothing will ever happen anyway. In this case, you have 2 government departments who have to work together, which is even worse. I say it is more likely that the Palastinians and the Isreali's acheive a lasting peace before 2 Thai goverment departments work together successfully.

Anyway, with regards to dual Thai-US citizenship. A certain Pan-tong-$%^&head Shinawatra was born in the US, and also has Thai-US dual citizenship. Additionally, I remember Chavalit wanting to give Tiger Woods Thai citizenship a couple of years ago when he visited thailand.

If a petty immigration official ever challanges you that dual citizenship is illegal, you remind them of these 2 facts (like happened to me once). I guarantee it shuts them up.

Guest chingy

i think it a good idea, no dual citizenship only for country surround Thailand, keep all the trouble maker out