Resort / Bungalow / Anything In Between Lampang And Phrae?

chanchao

Have a wedding party coming up in Lampang so thought I'd add a day (or two) and stay in the area. I remember the area between Lampang and Phrae (roughly the area on either side of highway 11) as being very beautiful, forrested, mountenous. I guess that's where the Wiang Kosai national park is, where I've never been yet.

It seems a very big and very beautiful area, but searches for 'resort' or 'bungalow' in that area come up blank. Does anyone know of any places to stay in that area? Don't really care about price as long as it's under 2000 baht, but 200 baht is okay, too.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Edited by chanchao

Can't help on anything off 11 but North from Lampang towards Ngao there are certainly resorts all to the eastern side of highway1 which I believe is also a national park. I recall one in particular that claimed it was an 'adventure resort' but didn't stop to investigate. I'm crap at judging distances but somewhere in the region of 45kms north of Lampang will be close.

Thanks!! I guess I'll play it safe and book a hotel in Lampang for the night; have the car to explore all day.

Any opinions on Wienlakor Hotel vs Wiengthong Hotel ? They seem to be the main hotels in Lampang. I think I actually stayed in one of them once but forgot which one. They're similar in price.

i was just there this weekend.

on 1124, between the turnoff from 11 and wang chin, there is a 'resort' /farm. i wasn't paying attention so the name escapes me. misana? something like that. i'll try to post update when and if my memory returns

on road 1124 visit the park. there are some waterfalls worth seeing. in full flood/fall now. a hot springs near there needs further development. very pretty area. quiet! also some local OTOP fabric places if you're into that. one atm in wang chin across from cafe on river, front of police station.