Korat Immigration Is Now Doing Yearly Visa Extensions

Korat Immigration is now doing yearly visa extensions

The Immigration office in Korat is now doing 1 year visa extensions, very handy for those foreigners who live in Isaan. The office is located on the second floor of the first building when you enter Assumption School, right across the street from Big C and next to St. Mary's Hospital.

Source: StickmanBangkok.com

Does anyone know the phone number of the Immigration office in Korat.

Anyone out there willing to comment if they've used this office to extend an O (Thai wife) visa since they started doing this?

It's not with the pinned numbers at the top, plus the thread has been closed so apparently no updates have been made ince 2003.

Terry

I know they are doing them, and I know they are accepting the income certification from the Embassy, and I know they are not insisting on the bank deposit plus the income like some other offices. I seem to have lost the phone number, sorry. Want us to stop in and get it again?

Korat Immigration office:

Association Building no. 19

Assumption College, Nakhonratchasima 30000

Tel. 044-247923, 247922

I was there a couple of days ago and they do ALL immigration activities

Edited by dutch

I don’t wish to sound negative, but I hope everybody reading this post uses the information carefully. Common sense is not always present amongst foreigners in Thailand and already (3am) 200+ people have read this post, which will be ten fold by noon.

No doubt tomorrow they will now receive 500 phone calls when they usually receive 20 from people asking all sorts of silly questions..... Let’s wait and see how quick the situation changes then.... I hope for all of you needing this service that they don't move the goal posts.... but we all know that there is a good chance...TIT

I also hope the person who was good enough to make this information general knowledge has already had their visa done.

GOOD ON YOU FOR BEING SO KIND HEARTED MANY WOULD HAVE KEPT IT SECRET FOR FEAR OF OVER ABUSE RESULTING THE SERVICE BEING WITHDRAWN OR TIGHTEND UP. Maybe myself included.

As I said I don’t want to sound negative but we have all seen it happen before, I hope common sense prevails.

I don’t wish to sound negative, but I hope everybody reading this post uses the information carefully. Common sense is not always present amongst foreigners in Thailand and already (3am) 200+ people have read this post, which will be ten fold by noon.

No doubt tomorrow they will now receive 500 phone calls when they usually receive 20 from people asking all sorts of silly questions..... Let’s wait and see how quick the situation changes then.... I hope for all of you needing this service that they don't move the goal posts.... but we all know that there is a good chance...TIT

I also hope the person who was good enough to make this information general knowledge has already had their visa done.

GOOD ON YOU FOR BEING SO KIND HEARTED MANY WOULD HAVE KEPT IT SECRET FOR FEAR OF OVER ABUSE RESULTING THE SERVICE BEING WITHDRAWN OR TIGHTEND UP. Maybe myself included.

As I said I don’t want to sound negative but we have all seen it happen before, I hope common sense prevails.

You said it nicer than I would have. You can bet the Korat office will get innundated, and Thai immigration will get reminded for the 4,578th time that foreigners in Thailand are numerous, well-informed, and on the ball. Good analogy about 'move the goalposts.' Were that egalitarian principles prevailed here, and farang wouldn't have to scuttle around like puppies going for a moving cup of milk - every time a fair-minded option showed up somewhere. Then, soon after immigration authorities realize a relatively pain-free option has become available, they'll clamp it down.

:o Great news for Farangs in Isan :D

It would be even better news IF Thailand decided that with SO MANY Foreigners living in the major Thailand City of Khon Kaen (4th largest I think in Thailand) that IT TOO needs an Immigration Office issuing extension Visas etc.

At the moment the "open twice weekly" Udon Thani sub-office is the nearest (a 2 hours train ride away and Nong Khai is almost 3 hours away).

I think Khon Kaen is big enough and is gaining more Foreigners every week that it warrants an Immigration Office of its own for the city and general surrounding areas.

Just my opinion :D

Dave

this sounds too good 2 b true!

what are the conditions and price of this one year visa.

are you saying this is available to under 50's, not marrid, not working

group?

that would be very nice thank you, then maybe chiang mai imagration

might follow?

cheers

Without wanting to appear like a complete idiot, can I just ask if it is possible to extend a non-immigrant O whilst in Thailand? All the ingotmation I have got so far (from the Thai consulate in Hull UK, and from immigration in BKK) has said that I will need to go outside of Thailand to get one (possibly even back to the UK). What is the best/easiest way to get a new O or extend a current one? What hoops would I have to jump through?

You have to have a valid reason to extend any stay in Thailand, even for a tourist visa. For non immigrant visas the common reasons are Thai spouse, work, education and retirement (over age 50) and all require specific paperwork.

You have to have a valid reason to extend any stay in Thailand, even for a tourist visa. For non immigrant visas the common reasons are Thai spouse, work, education and retirement (over age 50) and all require specific paperwork.

Do I understan well.... does this also include the non immigrant B multiple entry B visum ????

and what kind of paperword do they need ??? Or do I still have to leave the country for Europe or Australia ( for example ) Anyone knows ??? :o

1 year zomg. you get a choice which office you use?

I got my last 1 year extension in Bangkok, the year before Nong Kai, before that Bangkok.

If they hassle you, tell the, you're applying there as you're going to move there in the near future.

this sounds too good 2 b true!

what are the conditions and price of this one year visa.

are you saying this is available to under 50's, not marrid, not working

group?

NO, they are 1,900 baht for people satisfying what Lopburi posted.

Well what a shame, I love being in the know but now everyone is it doesnt feel so special.

I have extended my non - b at the korat immigration and it was a fantastic experience! No 8 hour round trip bus ride to Bangkok. No one hour queue with a grumpy immigration lady at the end who sees a hundred of me a day who just doesn't give a shit about us. No , In korat -

Hey man, how are you? Whats your name? How long have you been in Thailand? Have u got a girlfriend? They even photocopied my documents on a "government use only machine" for free! All the usual stuff but you don't normally expect it from immigration officers. They really were nice, average people and I am even going out for a drink with one of the guys from there.

I think I may have been the first person to extend a non B in Korat because I took a photocopy that I got from Bangkok immigration of what documents were required to extend a visa. The next time I went back I saw a photocopy of that exact document (with my handwriting on) stuck to the desk.

The better number to reach the guy on is 044 247 686 (takes you straight through to the visa extension department)

All the same rules apply as extending a visa everywhere else, is is simply so much less stressful. I actually thought when I was in there "wow its lucky not too many people know about this because it is extremely small" I hope they have planned for a serious increase in numbers.

Good luck to the korat immigration - lets hope not everyone reads thaivisa.com :-)

Do I understan well.... does this also include the non immigrant B multiple entry B visum ????

and what kind of paperword do they need ??? Or do I still have to leave the country for Europe or Australia ( for example ) Anyone knows ??? :o

They are not going to issue you a "new" visa at immigration. If you work here with a work permit and are making the income required you can extend your stay for one year at a time with the required paperwork (a page full of documents).

:o Great news for Farangs in Isan :D

It would be even better news IF Thailand decided that with SO MANY Foreigners living in the major Thailand City of Khon Kaen (4th largest I think in Thailand) that IT TOO needs an Immigration Office issuing extension Visas etc.

At the moment the "open twice weekly" Udon Thani sub-office is the nearest (a 2 hours train ride away and Nong Khai is almost 3 hours away).

I think Khon Kaen is big enough and is gaining more Foreigners every week that it warrants an Immigration Office of its own for the city and general surrounding areas.

Just my opinion :D

Dave

Hello Dave I have question I live in Udon thani and would like to know were that office is and if you know the hours they are open would be appreciated since I am going to renew my visa next week and would save me a trip to non khai I have non im/0 going for my retirement visa thank you Ronnie

Hello Dave I have question I live in Udon thani and would like to know were that office is and if you know the hours they are open would be appreciated since I am going to renew my visa next week and would save me a trip to non khai I have non im/0 going for my retirement visa thank you Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

This was the info I was given and I found it to be accurate only 4 weeks ago.

Nong Khai immigration has set up an EXTENSION branch in Udon Thani. It is located on the first floor of the AEK Udon Hospital. Open 2 days a week only; Monday and Friday. The hours are 9am to 3pm. The first thing to do when you get there is to take a numbered tag from the table just outside the little office where the immigration people sit.

Note Ronnie: When you FIRST enter the hospital IF you ask Reception where the Visa office is they may (like they did with me) misunderstand and think you are asking to arrange a Medical for Visa purposes (depends on their level of English at the time).

Also note: First floor is the English version of "first floor" namely upstairs (not the ground floor)

Good Luck and be warned Ronnie, have ALL your documentation (EXACT REQUIREMENTS with you as the Officer there is extremely fussy and precise. He will also want you to fill in his Office's application or renewal forms (as against the on-line downloadable forms on the Official Immigration Bureau website). Don't ask me why, he is just difficult. You will find the Retirement forms at the desk you get your number tag from. You can fill them in whilst you wait :D. I got there 8:30 on a Monday morning and was out by 10:00 (4 others in front of me). The Officer is quite quick but not talkative (bit like schoolboy/headmaster situation :o)

Kindest regards

Dave

Does anyone know if I could use this office, living in Khon Kaen - or would they make me go to Nong Kai?

The Thai Embassy in The Hague (Holland), and the police in Khon Kaen, both told me that if you live in KK, Non Khai is the place to go!

What visa do you need, can you do it on a 30 day VOA?

how much does it cost?

I would be grateful if some one could answer these questions.

Thanks.

Sorry pal, they don't give 1 year visa on VOA.

You need Non Immigrant O visa and marrige documents.

They also ask for 400.000 deposit on your thai bank book and monthly income.

The price when I made it vas 1900 THB.(february 2006).

They don't have a one year visa period and a 30 day stamp is not a visa on arrival. What they do is extend your stay for a period of one year at a time. This is normally obtained from a non immigrant visa but can, with a 2,000 baht extra step, be from a converted tourist visa (with 21 days or more remaining) and for the last month Bangkok and maybe others have even allowed this conversion from an entry without visa (30 day) stamp. They are currently trying to make it as easy as possible for those with the qualifications to obtain extensions of stay regardless of what they may now be using.

Korat Immigration is now doing yearly visa extensions

The Immigration office in Korat is now doing 1 year visa extensions, very handy for those foreigners who live in Isaan. The office is located on the second floor of the first building when you enter Assumption School, right across the street from Big C and next to St. Mary's Hospital.

Source: StickmanBangkok.com

Hi,

How does this work if I only have the 30 day transit visa? I am in Chiang Rai. I am married to a Thai women.

Please reply at //email removed//

Thanks

Without wanting to appear like a complete idiot, can I just ask if it is possible to extend a non-immigrant O whilst in Thailand? All the ingotmation I have got so far (from the Thai consulate in Hull UK, and from immigration in BKK) has said that I will need to go outside of Thailand to get one (possibly even back to the UK). What is the best/easiest way to get a new O or extend a current one? What hoops would I have to jump through?

All Immigration offices now are independent. All services are available at each station. All decisions are made there.

It is now possible to convert a Tourist Visa (30 day to a retirement visa) Cost is B1900 + B2000. You will need the following: If American, statement of income from American Embassy. Two(2) Photographs, Verification of residence from landlord, First page of bankbook, and a letter from your bank stating that you have an account. For your information mine had B 41,000. The need for a medical is no longer necessary nor is a criminal report required.

This information is now posted in all immigration offices.

Well what a shame, I love being in the know but now everyone is it doesnt feel so special.

I have extended my non - b at the korat immigration and it was a fantastic experience! No 8 hour round trip bus ride to Bangkok. No one hour queue with a grumpy immigration lady at the end who sees a hundred of me a day who just doesn't give a shit about us. No , In korat -

Hey man, how are you? Whats your name? How long have you been in Thailand? Have u got a girlfriend? They even photocopied my documents on a "government use only machine" for free! All the usual stuff but you don't normally expect it from immigration officers. They really were nice, average people and I am even going out for a drink with one of the guys from there.

I think I may have been the first person to extend a non B in Korat because I took a photocopy that I got from Bangkok immigration of what documents were required to extend a visa. The next time I went back I saw a photocopy of that exact document (with my handwriting on) stuck to the desk.

The better number to reach the guy on is 044 247 686 (takes you straight through to the visa extension department)

All the same rules apply as extending a visa everywhere else, is is simply so much less stressful. I actually thought when I was in there "wow its lucky not too many people know about this because it is extremely small" I hope they have planned for a serious increase in numbers.

Good luck to the korat immigration - lets hope not everyone reads thaivisa.com :-)

This sounds really nice, friendly and positive. The most important point however for all those posters with all their questions of whether this and that kind of visa (I think Thailand does not really have as many kinds of visa as have ever been mentioned in this forum) will be extended is: ALL THE SAME RULES APPLY AS EXTENDING A VISA EVERYWHERE ELSE. End of story.

If somebody believed that Thai Immigration is tightening the rules and then suddenly one office is going a totally diffrent way, well, dream on...