What's with all the Huskies?

Rob13

WE bought two six months old Huskies from a nice bloke in Surin 18 months ago. They don't bark, are very friendly and used to the hot climate in Thailand after xxx generations.

"Lucky" our Husky can always jump in her little swimming pool when it's really hot.

And you won't see our Lucky wearing shirts in winter either.

It's very similar to foreigners who live here a long time. You get used to hot temperatures and you start freezing when the temperature drops to 18 degrees Celcius.

post-158336-0-93207900-1452394385_thumb.

post-158336-0-68876800-1452394443_thumb.

post-158336-0-46098200-1452394466_thumb.

post-158336-0-12337500-1452395167_thumb.

post-158336-0-17866600-1452395284_thumb.

I lived in the high arctic for 2 years ( Ellesmere and Ellef Ringnes) and the husky we had the hair was quite different than the pictures of the one on this post. I think they adapt to the heat and do not grow the hair needed in cold temperatures.Hair in these pics looking a lot shorter and thinner,than I remember.

never ever have i been in love so much than with our boy,if i or the wife ever had to choose,either the dog or me,dont ask.

they do take a lot of looking after,as long as they can find shade and not let outside your gate they will survive.

one big problem as they have double coats its TICKS,we have had a bad yr.but now he is fighting fit.

i am putting it down to BAD,DONT CARE,MONEY THIEVING VETS.

hi mike she looks a picture.

TAFF.

Every few years the dog of the moment changes. Back 10 years or so, there were lots of chihuahuas. Then pomeranians became dog-du-jour. After that, huskies. The current craze is for the larger Alaskan malamutes

Unfortunately, huskies don't adapt well to the heat. I personally know of two that have overheated and become seriously ill. One was left with permanent brain damage.

Even with dogs born here, they all appreciate a bath (in my case a cement mixing trough) of water. Changing the water frequently is a chore.

I imorted my Siamese cat and she lost hair all over the place for the first week or two and just lay around passively. She no longer moults and is quite active now.

Enough guess work. go read this http://www.siberrescue.com/huskyed5.html, People, Google is your friend, it beats me why so many seem to post on TV, surely they know that many people will give an opinion but not based on much fact. This is sometimes the worst place to ask advise, as we know eventually it will lead to either Thaksin and Yingluck bashing or to a discussion on "qualified" or "unqualified" English speaking teachers.

Enough guess work. go read this http://www.siberrescue.com/huskyed5.html, People, Google is your friend, it beats me why so many seem to post on TV, surely they know that many people will give an opinion but not based on much fact. This is sometimes the worst place to ask advise, as we know eventually it will lead to either Thaksin and Yingluck bashing or to a discussion on "qualified" or "unqualified" English speaking teachers.

Utterly useless link. For evidence about their ability to live in hotter climates it considers Florida - nowhere near at hot as Thailand. (Google tells me maximum temperature is typically in low 30s in summer there.)

Clearly in this case using Google has not been your friend.

Utterly useless link. For evidence about their ability to live in hotter climates it considers Florida - nowhere near at hot as Thailand. (Google tells me maximum temperature is typically in low 30s in summer there.)

Not a useless link Read the last 2 Qustions, Answers the OP pretty well.

Q: What about heat?

A: As stated repeatedly throughout these education pages, Siberian Huskies are remarkably adaptable animals. So long as they have adequate shade, shelter, and water, they seem to do just fine in warmer climates. Check our our Florida Siberians!

Q: I live in a hot part of the country. Will this be uncomfortable for my Siberian Husky?

A: The best approach to this "problem" is to select a dog from a reputable breeder or rescue in the area where you live or one that lives in an area with a climate similar to yours. These dogs will be more acclimated to the warmer weather than a Siberian Husky from a cooler climate, but that does not mean your Oregon Siberian will not do well when you move to Florida! So long as the dog is well taken care of, brushed regularly, has plenty of water and shade, and air conditioning he or she will likely be just fine in your warm climate. Siberian Huskies are found all over the world, from the deep southern part of the United States, where it is very warm and humid, to South Africa, Russia, New Zealand , Australia, and Alaska. Literally all over the globe in every climate you can imagine. Even here in Florida!

Not a useless link Read the last 2 Qustions, Answers the OP pretty well.

Q: What about heat?

A: As stated repeatedly throughout these education pages, Siberian Huskies are remarkably adaptable animals. So long as they have adequate shade, shelter, and water, they seem to do just fine in warmer climates. Check our our Florida Siberians!

Q: I live in a hot part of the country. Will this be uncomfortable for my Siberian Husky?

A: The best approach to this "problem" is to select a dog from a reputable breeder or rescue in the area where you live or one that lives in an area with a climate similar to yours. These dogs will be more acclimated to the warmer weather than a Siberian Husky from a cooler climate, but that does not mean your Oregon Siberian will not do well when you move to Florida! So long as the dog is well taken care of, brushed regularly, has plenty of water and shade, and air conditioning he or she will likely be just fine in your warm climate. Siberian Huskies are found all over the world, from the deep southern part of the United States, where it is very warm and humid, to South Africa, Russia, New Zealand , Australia, and Alaska. Literally all over the globe in every climate you can imagine. Even here in Florida!

It would appear you didn't read what I wrote. Florida (or indeed, anywhere in northern America) is nowhere near as hot as Thailand, so the opinion expressed on that website is irrelevant.

You also appear not to have written that I personally know of two such dogs that have been seriously ill in Thailand because of the heat, one ending up with brain damage.

Every few years the dog of the moment changes. Back 10 years or so, there were lots of chihuahuas. Then pomeranians became dog-du-jour. After that, huskies. The current craze is for the larger Alaskan malamutes

Unfortunately, huskies don't adapt well to the heat. I personally know of two that have overheated and become seriously ill. One was left with permanent brain damage.

Im guessing that can be exercised as much in the heat.. Iv seen a few in Phuket and Malamutes too, coats where not thick as dogs iv seen in Australia during winter..

Exercise no problem for them mine comes with me twice a day running with me wjilst im on my bike. She loves it plenty of water around everywhere for her and plenty shade to get into although she does like to wallow in her very own water trough

What are you talking about? Florida is way hotter than Thailand. It may get much cooler in the winter and fall, but the summer? forget about it, Florida's got Thailand beat. 8:00am and 85 degrees with 75% humidity, then it reaches 95 plus with 90% humidity.

What are you talking about? Florida is way hotter than Thailand. It may get much cooler in the winter and fall, but the summer? forget about it, Florida's got Thailand beat. 8:00am and 85 degrees with 75% humidity, then it reaches 95 plus with 90% humidity.

I presume you've never been to Thailand. Florida at its hottest at 95 Fahrenheit is around 35 Celsius. Here in the depths of winter in Bangkok, the maximum temperature each day is about the same. In summer temperatures here can exceed 40 Celsius. Humidity is irrelevant since dogs don't sweat (except from the tip of their noses and their paw pads). So no, Florida is not way hotter than Thailand.

I lived in the high arctic for 2 years ( Ellesmere and Ellef Ringnes) and the husky we had the hair was quite different than the pictures of the one on this post. I think they adapt to the heat and do not grow the hair needed in cold temperatures.Hair in these pics looking a lot shorter and thinner,than I remember.

this ...

I also worked a Nanisivik

The only breed Ive seen that actually attempts to talk to you….what the %^$ he's saying I have no idea….but they're uncannily like humans.

come and meet my boy,if i say to him to greet someone,say hello,he will in his doggy talk and tell him to sawadee he will offer his paw for a handshake.

he sleeps at night with us,as our neighbours ask,what about if he wants a pee or a no.1,for a pee he will paw me and in a soft tone moo moo,for a no.1

he will talk in a louder tone.

ask anyone on our moo-ban where does the talking dog live,THEY WILL TELL YOU.

Okay so they can stand the heat but still need much exercise. Most people are too lazy for that.

yep walks early morning before the sun gets up and after the sun goes down,and company.

and those who say they can stand the heat here in thailand havent got a monkeys idea what their talking about.

why do you think that most soi dogs are out all night and hideing during the day.

Okay so they can stand the heat but still need much exercise. Most people are too lazy for that.

yep walks early morning before the sun gets up and after the sun goes down,and company.

and those who say they can stand the heat here in thailand havent got a monkeys idea what their talking about.

why do you think that most soi dogs are out all night and hideing during the day.

Sleeping on the middle of the road is not what i call hiding. And husky soidogs are very rare but we have them in my area.

I still am waiting for the first thai who uses his huskies to pull a small cart.

I presume you've never been to Thailand. Florida at its hottest at 95 Fahrenheit is around 35 Celsius. Here in the depths of winter in Bangkok, the maximum temperature each day is about the same. In summer temperatures here can exceed 40 Celsius. Humidity is irrelevant since dogs don't sweat (except from the tip of their noses and their paw pads). So no, Florida is not way hotter than Thailand.

I live in Bangkok and I grew up in Florida. Florida's humity makes all the difference. Now southern Thailand I could see that it may be more like Florida, (haven't been there yet) but central Thailand is more comparable to southern California. Lived there for 2yrs.

FYI humidity makes it hotter or colder depending what season it is.

For example : 30 degrees in Florida will feel colder than 30 degrees in California.

never ever have i been in love so much than with our boy,if i or the wife ever had to choose,either the dog or me,dont ask.

they do take a lot of looking after,as long as they can find shade and not let outside your gate they will survive.

one big problem as they have double coats its TICKS,we have had a bad yr.but now he is fighting fit.

i am putting it down to BAD,DONT CARE,MONEY THIEVING VETS.

hi mike she looks a picture.

TAFF.

Hi mate,

We kept "Lucky", the one on most photos. Her sister "Snowy" is at an American guy's ranch and doing well, too.

They often come and visit us, so the sisters see each other pretty often.

The one I gave away seems to have more "Alpha dog" qualities. She always dominates all other dogs.

Wouldn't be like that without you, my friend. Hope to see you again, you're always welcome should you make it to Sisaket.

Wife cooks fantastic food. Cordon Bleu, etc... mmmmmm. Please give me a ring when near Sisaket.

Wish you guys only the best, fragg the rest.

Cheers- Mike

The only breed Ive seen that actually attempts to talk to you….what the %^$ he's saying I have no idea….but they're uncannily like humans.

come and meet my boy,if i say to him to greet someone,say hello,he will in his doggy talk and tell him to sawadee he will offer his paw for a handshake.

he sleeps at night with us,as our neighbours ask,what about if he wants a pee or a no.1,for a pee he will paw me and in a soft tone moo moo,for a no.1

he will talk in a louder tone.

ask anyone on our moo-ban where does the talking dog live,THEY WILL TELL YOU.

Yep I know…lol….like these two...

Archived