Farang pay extra at ?Huay Tung Tao

cheeryble

Went for a hike starting Huay Tung Tao yesterday.

I handed over 20 baht as per normal.

I was then pointed to a sign saying Foreign Tourists 50 baht.

I said mai chai and I have bai kab kii which I showed them.

The refused to accept and insisted on 50 baht.

I refused, and a slightly more senior lady was called to whom I explained I had a license and I paid income tax which presumably helps pay for parks like this.

I called my friend who had arrived a few minutes before.

He said same happened to him he just let a line of cars build up behind him until they relented.

Lady told me the big boss had handed the order down she had no choice. I refused.

After ten minutes she relented

I then met my friend.

He told me that as a treat he had taken a van load of kids from his neighbourhood to another park for kids day....I think it was Queen Sirikit Gdns.

They asked for 20 baht for each kid and .200 baht for benevolent friend.

He refused and sat in the office for the whole visit while the kids played nearby.

So the higher price was for all foreigners, or just farangs? Your country does not have any dual pricing? Ladies nights, senior citizen discounts, children's discounts?

Seniors live on pension, children don't earn money, and ladies night... well guess I always hated that too but you could say that statistically they earn less for the same job.

Now the foreigner price here doesn't make sense for those of us who pay income taxes here. Also I know more rich thais here than rich foreigners so saying thais have less money is irrelevant too.

Don't like the new dual pricing policies at all!