Irishman's body found dead in sea off Pattaya

webfact

Irishman's body found dead in sea off Pattaya, Thailand
BY COLIN BRENNAN

The 50-year-old man was found wearing only shorts with his face in the water

PATTAYA: - The body of a 50-year-old Irishman has been found in Pattaya, Thailand, according to local reports.

The man was found wearing only shorts with his face in the water, the Bangkok Post newspaper reported.

A passport found in his pocket identified the man as a 50-year-old Irish citizen.

Pattaya is one of the busiest tourists hot spots in Thailand and draws thousands of Irish people every year.

Full story: http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irishmans-body-found-dead-sea-7156753

-- IRISH MIRROR 2016-01-12

British man drowns off Pattaya Beach

drown-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The body of a 50-year-old British National was discovered in waters off the coast of Pattaya on Monday Morning and for now Police are unsure of the circumstances surrounding his death.

Sea Rescue Workers removed the body of Mr. Jeffrey Carl Hewitt from the water (incorrectly described as Icelandic by other media outlets), and apart from his British Passport, was carrying nothing else in his short trousers.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220636/british-man-drowns-off-pattaya-beach/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-12

Never met a Thai yet that can pronounce Ireland or Iceland - they can't say Ice, then mix up HE and SHE.... so it might have been reported as a woman from iceland....

Sad case again, I wonder though on a global scale which Touris' beach has the most deaths recorded against it ? I am sure Phuket has been going flat out to beat Pattaya so far this year.

His body was dead? Intriguing. What about the rest of him? And on a more serious note; he was carrying his passport in the seawater, and it was still intact and legible?

The details page is laminated.

I have a story about that but I'll save it for another time.

Now I fully understand what the person meant when he explained to me why mental hospitals had high walls around them ...it is to keep sick bas - - - - -s out like the ones than can use this tradegdy as an oportunity to make jokes.