Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I have to agree - I take this with a huge pinch of salt

You agree that Laura never went to Thailand?

............but expats here have a great concern about how the authorities handled the case, and wether they are safe from a similar fate

Nobody is safe from a similar fate, nobody! It could be you next time or anybody else!

The sky is falling! Please go back to your homeland and its dull life of closed shops by 6.00 pm with no vendors on the street

You will be safe there,Thailand is a very dangerous country, myself and thousands of Westerners and foreigners have lived here for 20 years or more, every day living pleasant and fruitful lives with our Thai families and friends but we now realize in fact it's dangerous for our health as hysterical postings on TV can lead to

apoplexy due to utterly foolish posts.

I think it's clear and understandable that Laura has been advised to remove the comments attributed to Thai authorities while at the court etc..If this is true it would suggest that the police or parties are still involved in some shape or form. While the UK police hands are tied I agree with other posters that the British government needs to be a bit more proactive in this. There's many ways they can do this but it's clear that there is clear evidence that a injustice has been carried out here as why would threats be made and money offered if everything was above board. There has been threats throughout this episode be it translators,workers on Koh Tao and Andy Hall and his team...There is I'm sure many more examples of money changing hands or threats made and as I've said previously why would all this fuss be made over two worthless Burmese workers.. To the very few people on here attempting to deflect and defend this injustice your losing your battle and like the Thai authorities losing credibility by the day...Not that some of you had any to start with but like many on here I had a open mind at the start of this investigation but I surely don't anymore. Respect to Laura and I hope in days and months to come she is able to tell her story in front of media that have not paid money to take her picture and it can be a final nail in the coffin of this despicable investigation..

Lets not forget Luke Miller........the world should demand to see the CCTV footage between 05.30-07.30 of the Sunset Bar. if those hours are not recorded (or lost) we know the score.......

1) At 05.30 security searched the pool for lost valuables as they do after every big pool party, no sign of Luke

2( At 07.30 he was found by cleaners.

Lets not forget Luke!

I agree , but what if there was no CCTV footage in that time period? Would you still believe it was an accident or just accept it as another brutal murder?

It's very unusual indeed to switch a CCTV system off. Don't they have to be recalibrated (date, time, etc) every time you do it? Mine certainly does. It's much simpler to leave them switched on, as there is no benefit in switching them off unless the hard drive is miniscule.

Edited by Khun Han

To protect their interests. And it seemed to have been working for the past 16 months until the Witheridges could just not take it anymore...

You are one of the hang em high brigade aren't you? Starting to have second thoughts now?

Nope. I'm not in favour of the death penalty. I also do not have vested interests on Koh Tao.

I meant the guilt of the Burmese.

No second thoughts on that though.

It's a foregone conclusion never mind what then, what a master you are.

Laura should go on television herself to clarify all her allegations.

That's for her to decide.. She doesn't owe anyone anything.

Same with Maria Miller, or even David Millers family.

It's the RTP who are in debt to these people. I'm

Just happy to see them fight for the truth, or some portion of truth they can obtain.

I think it's clear and understandable that Laura has been advised to remove the comments attributed to Thai authorities while at the court etc..If this is true it would suggest that the police or parties are still involved in some shape or form.

Yes it does suggest that there is a party in some shape or form involved....

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I have to agree - I take this with a huge pinch of salt

You agree that Laura never went to Thailand?

" I don't think even came here" Quote from Oxo.

The photo of her shielding her distraught mother during the ambush arranged by the RTP in Bangkok shows clearly she was in Thailand.

In the meantime can someone give me an answer as to why that whole part about those insensitive comments from the RTP has been deleted from her original facebook posting?

Why don't you ask her instead of asking strangers to speculate over and over?

You disappoint me, normally you are always so observant. Half of the posts on this thread are about those comments that the RTP had supposedly made in court. And all reports in the UK media are based on Laura's facebook posting (and indeed that one reply to a comment that I had overlooked). The Guardian tried to make a nice spin that Hannah believed that the B2 could not have done it as the threats she received came from Thais.

I believe that she is being advised what to post and what not to post. I see a conspiracy at work here and I have an idea of who these advisers are. Hint: females.

Over to you.

So according to you...

The sister of a murdered victim in a completely bungled investigation where evidence has been compromised from day 1 with a shoddily roped off crime scene, 'suspects' beaten into a false confession on very flimsily charges, missing, withheld or 'used up' evidence presented in an 'unbiased' court (I am naming just a few things here, I could go on) is complicit in a 'conspiracy',

The truth of the matter is, according to you and your glee club. Is that the very professional Thai polce handled this investigation by the book. Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo just got uber horny one day and the two of them, alone, committed this henious crime. Everything in court was professional and above board. The Koh Tao mafia threatening various people (including translators for media outlets) is just some unexplainable side effect.

It is clear that I am replying to a professional troll. Others I think are on some sort of payroll. But I think you are just doing it for the 'kicks'.

In the meantime can someone give me an answer as to why that whole part about those insensitive comments from the RTP has been deleted from her original facebook posting?

You disappoint me, normally you are always so observant. Half of the posts on this thread are about those comments that the RTP had supposedly made in court. And all reports in the UK media are based on Laura's facebook posting (and indeed that one reply to a comment that I had overlooked). The Guardian tried to make a nice spin that Hannah believed that the B2 could not have done it as the threats she received came from Thais.

I believe that she is being advised what to post and what not to post. I see a conspiracy at work here and I have an idea of who these advisers are. Hint: females.

Over to you.

So according to you...

The sister of a murdered victim in a completely bungled investigation where evidence has been compromised from day 1 with a shoddily roped off crime scene, 'suspects' beaten into a false confession on very flimsily charges, missing, withheld or 'used up' evidence presented in an 'unbiased' court (I am naming just a few things here, I could go on) is complicit in a 'conspiracy',

The truth of the matter is, according to you and your glee club. Is that the very professional Thai polce handled this investigation by the book. Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo just got uber horny one day and the two of them, alone, committed this henious crime. Everything in court was professional and above board. The Koh Tao mafia threatening various people (including translators for media outlets) is just some unexplainable side effect.

It is clear that I am replying to a professional troll. Others I think are on some sort of payroll. But I think you are just doing it for the 'kicks'.

Agreed. He's not informed enough to be one of the gang. He's just a troll who wants attention.

Over to you.

So according to you...

I think they are called Shiils, sadly they infect this site and all freedom of speech forums.

laura dont be put off stand strong!!!!

I think they are called Shiils, sadly they infect this site and all freedom of speech forums.

Can someone define "shills" for me

I think I'm aware of what trolls are, even though I get sucked in... But shills is a new one to me

How long before the shills arrive? Must me sleeping late today.

They've already arrived. Check out #23!

Even if what Laura says is true, there is the possibility the threats are coming from some low-life scum not associated with Thailand or the murderers.

How long before the shills arrive? Must me sleeping late today.

They've already arrived. Check out #23!

Even if what Laura says is true, there is the possibility the threats are coming from some low-life scum not associated with Thailand or the murderers.

So you believe Laura can't distinguish a genuine threat from a troll? 92% of ThaiVisa users can.. I'm quite sure Laura knows when a threat is of concern. A one off troll wouldn't get mention, how about her being followed in her car? Many others have been threatened by Thais since this crime occurred.. Why? Thais would hang these two Burmese out first thing and it'd be over if the B2 were the killers. I don't believe they are, I see them as a level above slaves belonging to people who are a few levels lower than past time slave owners.

Can someone define "shills" for me

I think I'm aware of what trolls are, even though I get sucked in... But shills is a new one to me

Here you go:

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Internet-shill

Thank you for that too. Live and learn. A very apt term for these sad mercenaries.

Although I think sick muppets would suit better than sock puppets in this case.

Just happy to see them fight for the truth, or some portion of truth they can obtain.

Her remarks were passionate and accusatory, she does owe someone something- she owes the Thai police and people a justification and proof of her remarks of condemnation -who said ' you can make another one' ? etc.

Her remarks were passionate and accusatory, she does owe someone something- she owes the Thai police and people a justification and proof of her remarks of condemnation -who said ' you can make another one' ? etc.

Who is this sad sack?

She is owed very much by several people, in fact more than can ever be repaid, but owes nobody a thing especially these lying cheating bastards.

I think it's clear and understandable that Laura has been advised to remove the comments attributed to Thai authorities while at the court etc..If this is true it would suggest that the police or parties are still involved in some shape or form.

Yes it does suggest that there is a party in some shape or form involved....

Is that the RTP, judges and the mafia on Koh Tao along with there supporters party and the few defenders in here.? Well, what I would say is don't waste your time and put the champagne on ice because lots of us have not given up and as well as Laura speaking out there's more coming ! The walls are slowly ,slowly crumbling and it's just a matter of time till another wrong doing is carried out against someone in the know and bang...The story comes out...Just hope it's sooner rather than later before more innocent holiday makers are hurt or killed..Another point....Nobody seems to survive these attacks do they !! And never any witnesses ! And no CCTV is ever available !! Coincidence, no chance ..

Edited by Nigeone

Who is this sad sack?

She is owed very much by several people, in fact more than can ever be repaid, but owes nobody a thing especially these lying cheating bastards.

If people do you wrong don't just post stuff on a face book page which you withdraw 24 hours later, come out on TV and say what happened, the accusations will have a much bigger impact.