Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

Laura should go on television herself to clarify all her allegations.

That's for her to decide.. She doesn't owe anyone anything.

Same with Maria Miller, or even David Millers family.

It's the RTP who are in debt to these people. I'm

Just happy to see them fight for the truth, or some portion of truth they can obtain.

Her remarks were passionate and accusatory, she does owe someone something- she owes the Thai police and people a justification and proof of her remarks of condemnation -who said ' you can make another one' ? etc.

Who is this sad sack?

She is owed very much by several people, in fact more than can ever be repaid, but owes nobody a thing especially these lying cheating bastards.

If people do you wrong don't just post stuff on a face book page which you withdraw 24 hours later, come out on TV and say what happened, the accusations will have a much bigger impact.

Don't be so stupid....she reacted with anger and grief after hearing that another innocent person had maybe been murdered on Koh Tao after previously retaining some dignity in her grief...She clearly has said some things that legal could,be a problem and might be a issue in the forthcoming appeal...She I'm sure was advised to remove those comments..I have no doubt that she was sincere and honest in her statement about what went on and I truly believe what she said was true. Also it totally explains the statement made by the Miller family and which many of us on here were very concerned about...

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are called Shiils, sadly they infect this site and all freedom of speech forums.

laura dont be put off stand strong!!!!

Can someone define "shills" for me

I think I'm aware of what trolls are, even though I get sucked in... But shills is a new one to me

Here you go:

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Internet-shill

Many thanks K. Han... But I somehow thing recognizing one of these deceitful ba#ards will be a real challenge for me

Just happy to see them fight for the truth, or some portion of truth they can obtain.

Her remarks were passionate and accusatory, she does owe someone something- she owes the Thai police and people a justification and proof of her remarks of condemnation -who said ' you can make another one' ? etc.

Who is this sad sack?

She is owed very much by several people, in fact more than can ever be repaid, but owes nobody a thing especially these lying cheating bastards.

If people do you wrong don't just post stuff on a face book page which you withdraw 24 hours later, come out on TV and say what happened, the accusations will have a much bigger impact.

Don't be so stupid....she reacted with anger and grief after hearing that another innocent person had maybe been murdered on Koh Tao after previously retaining some dignity in her grief...She clearly has said some things that legal could,be a problem and might be a issue in the forthcoming appeal...She I'm sure was advised to remove those comments..I have no doubt that she was sincere and honest in her statement about what went on and I truly believe what she said was true. Also it totally explains the statement made by the Miller family and which many of us on here were very concerned about...

And pray what evidence, what shred of evidence has there been so far that Luke Miller was murdered?

None at all.

to quote your words,regarding Laura, she clearly has said some things that legal could,be a problem and might be a issue in the forthcoming appeal.- there are no possible legal consequences regarding the actual crime as to Laura's statements, what they could demonstrate if she could prove them is a determination to silence any opposition to the verdict., well she undoubtedly knows Andy Hall and his legal team, has she contacted them with evidence of these threats? What does he have to say/

I can see the Police system is failing in Thailand. sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

what is your aim apart from adding fuel to the fire. Thailand is the safest country I have ever been in and dealing with the police has been nothing but pleasant..

But then I am a decent person....exactly what did the police do to you that gives you premise to slag them...or do you just like to listen to yourself talk rubbish?

You are one naive falang.hope you dont wake up from your dreams one day to find its become a nightmare.

Got nothing to add to the thread then begone troll.

This story is now going VIRAL :)

This is one brave woman and family and if ANYTHING ever suspicious happens to Laura ... well ....

The info in the article is only half as disturbing as her complete facebook post, and truly makes me wonder how the families could have said they believe justice was done. The sister at least quite clearly believes otherwise. Regardless, this is perhaps the most damning piece I have read on the affair. There is no reason to doubt her words either.

Only one of the families (of the pair) commented prior to returning to the UK. I cannot even try and comprehend what these two families have been through but the other refrained from comment before. This maybe the start of an outpouring of grief following their observation of the internet when they returned home. For your own safety sake, do not return here without Western Close Personal Protection and the costs incurred will be significant (would be my advice). Thailand has ended up with egg on its face; those involved may not care but this episode with negatively impact Thailand's tourism - comparitively ghost towns already appear on the coast. Showing the judiciary which is totally corrupt at all levels, fully expressed at the world wide stage; inter web 2.0.

These two families should never have had to endure such a horrific situation, but it is plausible and could be what appears as some of the 'truth' is starting to come out.

I hope they stay strong and fight against the Authorities that have not helped them with this horrific shambles of a murder investigation!!

Hopefully the world will wake up to the corrupt authorities that exist in Thailand!!

The British bobbies apparently woke up to the corrupt authorities and really liked the corruption they saw and possibly partook of.

I can see the Police system is failing in Thailand. sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

what is your aim apart from adding fuel to the fire. Thailand is the safest country I have ever been in and dealing with the police has been nothing but pleasant..

But then I am a decent person....exactly what did the police do to you that gives you premise to slag them...or do you just like to listen to yourself talk rubbish?

You are one naive falang.hope you dont wake up from your dreams one day to find its become a nightmare.

Got nothing to add to the thread then begone troll.

This story is now going VIRAL :)

This is one brave woman and family and if ANYTHING ever suspicious happens to Laura ... well ....

Been here seven years, with no trouble what-so-ever with the cops... But then, at times I wonder if there is actually any police, as they seem to be quite scarce in numbers

That said, no way would I trust the BIB, as they seem to be a law unto themselves, and some of the stories I hear from long term expats scare the hell out of me

I can easily believe that they would frame anyone to close a case, so I hope I don't wake from my dream to find them knocking on my door, as I can't see that having a "happy ending"

Surely, the family's treatment at the hands of Thai authorities is due to too many overstayers. Hopefully, the new regs will lead to due process and a flower lei at the Airport for all foreigners...and streamlined Permission to Stay processing for all 'expats'...

Who is this sad sack?

And pray what evidence, what shred of evidence has there been so far that Luke Miller was murdered?

None at all.

to quote your words,regarding Laura, she clearly has said some things that legal could,be a problem and might be a issue in the forthcoming appeal.- there are no possible legal consequences regarding the actual crime as to Laura's statements, what they could demonstrate if she could prove them is a determination to silence any opposition to the verdict., well she undoubtedly knows Andy Hall and his legal team, has she contacted them with evidence of these threats? What does he have to say/

Once again you've confirmed to many about some defects in your makeup...You cannot obviously read as I stated another innocent person MAYBE has been murdered ..You understand the difference I hope. I also would ask you how do you know she knows Andy Hall and his legal team...You know that for a fact do you !! And as for your other comments about my stating that possiblely there was a issue legally is not directed at the verdict etc but actually a issue for her legally with the Thai draconian laws and this might cause a problem in the upcoming trial..I hope that clears this up for you and I would assume to can now understand and read what I've put down.I think you are probably the only one ! unless one of your mates is equally challenged, to not be able to understand the possible consequences of some of Laura's comments...A brave brave girl is Laura and I respect her immensely for her statement...

Hannahs sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the familys grief and criticising Thai authorities handling of the case. She says her family were told: Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I don't know if the comments attributed to the Thai officials are true or not, but I will say it sounds EXACTLY like something a Thai official would be likely to say.

we ought to be careful of translations though as well, many phrases in Thai when translated directly sound strange. i remember everyone pouncing on Prayut for supposedly saying ''don't think so much'' when in fact although the word think was used, in the context he was using it meant ''don't worry too much''

Nonsense.

Ever had a conversation with a Thai person? "You think too much", is common, meaning " don't pay attention, just let it go", as a way of deflecting away from their true intentions...

Hannahs sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the familys grief and criticising Thai authorities handling of the case. She says her family were told: Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I don't know if the comments attributed to the Thai officials are true or not, but I will say it sounds EXACTLY like something a Thai official would be likely to say.

we ought to be careful of translations though as well, many phrases in Thai when translated directly sound strange. i remember everyone pouncing on Prayut for supposedly saying ''don't think so much'' when in fact although the word think was used, in the context he was using it meant ''don't worry too much''

Nonsense.

Ever had a conversation with a Thai person? "You think too much", is common, meaning " don't pay attention, just let it go", as a way of deflecting away from their true intentions...

Thais actually believe "thinking too mutt" will <deleted> with your brain waves..

One of them tried to tell me tonight that they can call Aliens on their mobiles..

when asked what is the international dialling code for UFOs : "you think too mutt, no good think too mutt"

true story!

Sad to hear, some wackos on the net, probably just a troll but who knows

"Only done half the job" sounds like it came from a fellow Brit. Most probably from a immature jealous class mate, ex-boyfriend, work colleague, etc. Death threat for what ... being good looking? By the way I doubt the phrase "Only done half the job" would come from a Thai / Burmese. All the same Facebook should report the posters and have she/he investigated by the appropriate authorities.

Don't let logic get in the way of the usual mindless Thai bashing. No matter what does or does not happen in Thailand, it's all bad according to some and pretty much anything bad that happens worldwide must be blamed on Thailand. The Thai Visa Choir only knows one tune.

As do you.

She owes the Thai police nothing. How dare you suggest such a thing. Owe people who couldn't give a damn about her sister being murdered, even covering up for the people who did it.

Some of you people, totally clueless.

"Only done half the job" sounds like it came from a fellow Brit. Most probably from a immature jealous class mate, ex-boyfriend, work colleague, etc. Death threat for what ... being good looking? By the way I doubt the phrase "Only done half the job" would come from a Thai / Burmese. All the same Facebook should report the posters and have she/he investigated by the appropriate authorities.

Don't let logic get in the way of the usual mindless Thai bashing. No matter what does or does not happen in Thailand, it's all bad according to some and pretty much anything bad that happens worldwide must be blamed on Thailand. The Thai Visa Choir only knows one tune.

As do you.

Umm.... I might be slow on the uptake here, but I can't see the logic in suradit69's post, as riverhigh's post contains no Thai bashing, that I can discern.

I'm happy to have anyone explain this to me

Could I please ask everyone on the forums out of respect not to speculate and post any more offensive remarks about the Miller family and their statement until the coroners reports are published and they have an opportunity to explain their statement. The have after all lost a son/brother in horrific circumstances.

As do you.

Umm.... I might be slow on the uptake here, but I can't see the logic in suradit69's post, as riverhigh's post contains no Thai bashing, that I can discern.

No further explanation possible: it's Suradit69, as usual, leaving no stone unturned looking for something akin to Thai bashing, so he can sing his only song (to borrow his own metaphor).

Boring, huh?

It's very unusual indeed to switch a CCTV system off. Don't they have to be recalibrated (date, time, etc) every time you do it? Mine certainly does. It's much simpler to leave them switched on, as there is no benefit in switching them off unless the hard drive is miniscule.

A correctly configured CCTV system / DVR will be connected to an NTP (Network Time Protocol) server via internet connection. When we investigate CCTV / CCTV systems, this is the first thing we check, as if not, there is no proof the time is correct hence evidence dismissed.

By default, a DVR will 'overwrite' when HDD full. User input would be required for the DVR to 'stop' recording when HDD full.

I smell a rat

Can you guys please check if you can still access Laura's FB page. Her entry seems to have vanished and the last entry on her FB is now dd Oct 2015. When I want to access her last comment, the web tells me "this content is not available at this moment" - what happened there???? Just want to check if this is to do with my provider.

As do you.

No further explanation possible: it's Suradit69, as usual, leaving no stone unturned looking for something akin to Thai bashing, so he can sing his only song (to borrow his own metaphor).

Boring, huh?

Ah ha... I see... He is confusing the issue, which is of such a delicate nature, that out of respect, we should abstain from complicating. Obviously I need more time/ practice at spotting trolls

Just checked Laura's Facebook page as was going to share her post again but couldn't so checked and she's taken it down..Either she's scared,and who could blame her, authorities have advised her to take it down or one other possibility I can think off is a British paper has managed to get her story and is going to print it fully...I hope that's the case but whatever the reason I hope,her and her family are okay. Again she's been one brave girl and doesn't she look so like her lovely sister Hannah...so so sad

Are you suggesting 'her' Scotland Yard' again?

No matter what there findings were, going on a job with this international magnitude and then shy away is insulting for any investigation& crime surpression organisation , let alone the SY themselves...disgusting!

and these sicko's can't be traced ?

They can be traced absolutely.

As do you.

He just has a chip on his shoulder and is a huge Thai apologist so even though there was no Thai bashing in that post he replied to, he still used it as a way to argue the case that everyone is a Thai basher and rant anyway. I bet he's a delight to be around in real life.

Don't let logic get in the way of the usual mindless Thai bashing. No matter what does or does not happen in Thailand, it's all bad according to some and pretty much anything bad that happens worldwide must be blamed on Thailand. The Thai Visa Choir only knows one tune.As do you.

He just has a chip on his shoulder and is a huge Thai apologist so even though there was no Thai bashing in that post he replied to, he still used it as a way to argue the case that everyone is a Thai basher and rant anyway. I bet he's a delight to be around in real life.

Thanks K. Matt... A picture is starting to emerge... And your input helps with my naivety in this forum., so it's much appreciated, as is replies from others

Just checked Laura's Facebook page as was going to share her post again but couldn't so checked and she's taken it down..Either she's scared,and who could blame her, authorities have advised her to take it down or one other possibility I can think off is a British paper has managed to get her story and is going to print it fully...I hope that's the case but whatever the reason I hope,her and her family are okay. Again she's been one brave girl and doesn't she look so like her lovely sister Hannah...so so sad

I'm glad that she did post it, but maybe her mother isn't.

For those who might have missed it, it's quoted here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12093087/Sister-of-murdered-British-tourist-Hannah-Witheridge-attacks-bungling-Thai-police.html

http://www.lbc.co.uk/thai-officials-insulted-murdered-britons-family-122960

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-35281820

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-01-11/laura-witheridge-slams-thai-authorities-over-sisters-murder/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sister-murdered-backpacker-hannah-witheridge-7157278

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3393779/Sister-murdered-British-backpacker-Hannah-Witheridge-reveals-court-officials-told-parents-just-make-one-raped-killed-Koh-Tao.html

http://www.maldonandburnhamstandard.co.uk/news/countywide/14196129.display/

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/thailand-s-beauty-very/2419202.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4662659.ece

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-victims-families-slam-Thailand-30276752.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/12/sister-of-murdered-tourist-says-corrupt-police-make-thailand-a-dangerous-trap

and in a famous Bangkok newspaper.

The way this family have been treated by Thai officialdom is nothing short of despicable.

As do you.

By far your best post here.

Archived