Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

Quite a contrast to the OTT gushing by the Miller family.

Thinking on how international diplomacy works I wonder what input the British Embassy had in the Miller's fawning statement ?

I haven't heard anything that suggests they changed their story when at home and well clear of Thailand.

Does anyone know more ?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

She posted the photo of her and her parents at the police arranged press conference that they thought was a meeting with the police, so she did come to Koh Tao and so you are wrong about everything,

How long before the shills arrive? Must me sleeping late today.

They've already arrived. Check out #23!

I wouldn't be too quick to call that a shills' response. It raises a valid question which is why it is so important to get to the bottom of this.

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I don't know if the comments attributed to the Thai officials are true or not, but I will say it sounds EXACTLY like something a Thai official would be likely to say.

I don't know if the comments attributed to the Thai officials are true or not, but I will say it sounds EXACTLY like something a Thai official would be likely to say.

we ought to be careful of translations though as well, many phrases in Thai when translated directly sound strange. i remember everyone pouncing on Prayut for supposedly saying ''don't think so much'' when in fact although the word think was used, in the context he was using it meant ''don't worry too much''

Whoever sent Laura crime scene photos is a real piece of human garbage and I hope they're sweating buckets right now. These are the kind of things that demonstrate the killers are still free. Free to intimidate and harass, and we wonder why there are so few witnesses to anything. If the B2 did this all on their own these things wouldn't be happening.

You have to wonder, even if it seems unlikely, if Luke Miller was killed to intimidate family members or witnesses. The KT cops really have his death wrapped up tight... Wonder why that is.

A very brave lady who has just put her life on the line to try and save others, can anything get better than that?

What a tragedy her govt put her in this position by failing to act themselves and put the govt interests ahead of individual constituents.

Do not be surprised if the Thai authorities apply for her extradition to stand trial in Thailand under section 44.

Wow we already have a few apologists about.

This is sick, from top to bottom, and I hope Laura provides names of people that have been threatening and mocking her. If they come from Koh Tao then this might be the break through that this case desperately needs.

If there ever was found CCTV of Luke Miller , now is the time to release it RTP, or else any "accident" will be considered a murder on KT:

I am happy I don't own a business there,

we ought to be careful of translations though as well, many phrases in Thai when translated directly sound strange. i remember everyone pouncing on Prayut for supposedly saying ''don't think so much'' when in fact although the word think was used, in the context he was using it meant ''don't worry too much''

Agreed, in this case a lot has been lost in translation and possibly wrongly interpreted.

Thai (Buddhists) do have a way of dealing with life and death which is incomprehensible to many Westerners. They will console each other by firmly believing in reincarnation and Karma. In a way it's no different than saying "she's in heaven now".

Another strange one is that when a baby is born everyone will say "what an ugly baby".

I also agree that whoever have been sending those pictures and threats are sick people.

how desperately you all want to be a part of this. how very sad.

Would it be better to just clam up....pretend all is well? Let it all just go? I would like to see the pressure increase...and sometimes, voicing doubts and opinions (even here on this forum) hopefully does just that.

It would be sadder to just shrug and be silent.

Hannahs sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the familys grief and criticising Thai authorities handling of the case. She says her family were told: Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.

You wouldn't believe that anyone of Authority" could say anything along the lines of that " It wouldn't happen to an ugly girl" or "No Thai would be capable of such a crime "...either though !

Oh, and as for some of the Buddist monks here....how about the feted one advocating blowing up a mosque for every Buddist killed in the South ?

It would be par for the course that what compensation the Thai authorities offered the Witheridges, they also offered similar to the Miller family. In Laura's statement they rejected the offers, and were then subjected to ongoing indescribable abuse and death threats by THAIS. Logically then, the B2 could not be the killers (because why should the THAIS care?).

That didn't happen to the Millers. So, tell me what decision did the Millers make? Go with the flow. Keep an open mind. Suck up to the hand that feeds it? After all, the B2 were probably implicated, so what's the problem?

As to the murdering stopping, there's little chance of that until the killer(s) are caught - and that won't happen until the island is cleared by the Junta. In Luke Miller's case, the PM should have immediately sent no-nonsense (if any exist) BKK RTP to investigate, not rely on local RTP to fudge the truth yet again.

The arm of the Koh Tai mafia is long enough to reach into UK?

Theoretically yes. It would not be that hard to contact a family member or friend - one of the many Thai residing in the U.K.

Question is why would they be doing that?

To protect their interests. And it seemed to have been working for the past 16 months until the Witheridges could just not take it anymore...

You are one of the hang em high brigade aren't you? Starting to have second thoughts now?

Theoretically yes. It would not be that hard to contact a family member or friend - one of the many Thai residing in the U.K.

To protect their interests. And it seemed to have been working for the past 16 months until the Witheridges could just not take it anymore...

You are one of the hang em high brigade aren't you? Starting to have second thoughts now?

Nope. I'm not in favour of the death penalty. I also do not have vested interests on Koh Tao.

Nope. I'm not in favour of the death penalty. I also do not have vested interests on Koh Tao.

I meant the guilt of the Burmese.

how desperately you all want to be a part of this. how very sad.

No, many of us desperately want the truth and to see justice.

I desperately do NOT want to be a part of this, and if the rtp had done their job properly then I wouldnt be.

when we went to Thailand to bring Hannah home, we were offered the opportunity to go to the Royal Thai police headquarters for an ‘official update’… but that, on arrival, we were taken into a large room, left for 5 minutes before the door opened and around 200 journalists were allowed into the room and we were ambushed by this mob of hungry journalists shoving cameras in our faces… The thai police chief had no intentions of giving us an update… after all, the bungled investigation meant he had nothing to tell us. The invitation was so that he could make money out of our misery. The press had paid him generously for 5 minutes to capture photographs of our family.

How utterly repugnant, not for the first time nor probably the last words fail me on this subject. Not content with the heartache and grief the family has had to go through a senior police office takes the opportunity of their grief to make a fast buck in the most callous of ways.

Pond life of the lowest order.

Archived