Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

That this was actually said was in the part of her post that was already deleted before the whole post was miraculously deleted. She claimed that it was said by court officials to her family during the trial. Surely someone from the defense team should be able to verify that? Or could it be that these claims were unsubstantiated and that therefore she was advised to delete that part?

I am not surpised at all that the whole post has been deleted as in a reply to a comment she claimed to have reported the threats to the police and blamed them for not following up. Another claim she could not substantiate?

She said that the British police logged in and first edited her post and has now deleted it.

Funny that out of all the people in this charade you accuse of lying is the bereaving sister of the accused. Not the corrupt, bumbling Thai authorities or the sick, bullying Thai mafia. No no no, it's Laura making up things whistling.gif

Where and when did she say that?

She hasn't posted anything further has she?

She did post in that reply to a comment that when she received the threats she had reported it to to the police. The police had then only logged into her facebook and deleted those threats.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As pointed out on the Luke Miller threat an interesting post was made by Islandlover:

""The family of David Miller are still sticking to their guns and saying they believe the B2 are guilty. However, they are now back-pedaling on the death penalty aspect of the verdict, according to an article published in the Jersey Evening Post, coincidentally the same day that Laura Witheridge made her facebook statement.""

http://jerseyevening...or-his-killers/

Edited by Krenjai

f they weren't hard facts then why is it that the defence wasn't able to refute or challenge the prosecutions evidence then? On that, the judge stated that the DNA evidence was overwhelming in pointing to the B2's guilt - as did David's brother.

Now show me where the hard facts are in Laura's accusations of what the Thai authorities supposedly said to her!!

That this was actually said was in the part of her post that was already deleted before the whole post was miraculously deleted. She claimed that it was said by court officials to her family during the trial. Surely someone from the defense team should be able to verify that? Or could it be that these claims were unsubstantiated and that therefore she was advised to delete that part?

I am not surpised at all that the whole post has been deleted as in a reply to a comment she claimed to have reported the threats to the police and blamed them for not following up. Another claim she could not substantiate?

She said that the British police logged in and first edited her post and has now deleted it.

Funny that out of all the people in this charade you accuse of lying is the bereaving sister of the accused. Not the corrupt, bumbling Thai authorities or the sick, bullying Thai mafia. No no no, it's Laura making up things whistling.gif

She did post in that reply to a comment that when she received the threats she had reported it to to the police. The police had then only logged into her facebook and deleted those threats.

Then it was probably the police that advised her to take it down.

Translators working for western media outlets have also been threatened by the Thai mafia and stopped translating for those outlets. CSI LA recievied a threat from Mon himself. Who else would be threatening Laura?

The Millers either:

1) really believe that, which completely blows my mind if that would be the case. I wonder what the Witheridges think about them and if they are on speaking terms

2) took money to read that statement which was obviously well prepared and typed up before the verdict came out.

3) can never admit to point 2 and don't know how to get out of this hole, so they back paddle on the death penalty

Edited by Krenjai

Translators working for western media outlets have also been threatened by the Thai mafia and stopped translating for those outlets. CSI LA recievied a threat from Mon himself. Who else would be threatening Laura?

CsiLa received a threat from Mon because he was trying to implicate the family. Did Laura ever do that?

< snip >

""I would hope the defense team has their own investigators working on these inconsistencies and can point them out during the appeal phase"""

As far as I know NO new evidence will be allowed in, they will only consider the judgement of the judge based on the evidence presented. It will not be reversed The loss of face for the PM, the RTP & Courts will be to grave. You are right it will end up in the Supreme Court (with the same result). The B2 will spend years waiting for a non guilty verdict they will never get. Welcome to Thailand! The land of smiles!

Are you referring maybe to 'new evidence' such as might be presented by someone like this guy?:

3-koh-tao-protest-masked-man-1-zarni-phy

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/18341-masked-man-at-koh-tao-rally-demands-meet-with-interpol.html

I can see the Police system is failing in Thailand. sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

what is your aim apart from adding fuel to the fire. Thailand is the safest country I have ever been in and dealing with the police has been nothing but pleasant..

But then I am a decent person....exactly what did the police do to you that gives you premise to slag them...or do you just like to listen to yourself talk rubbish?

You are one naive falang.hope you dont wake up from your dreams one day to find its become a nightmare.

Got nothing to add to the thread then begone troll.

This story is now going VIRAL smile.png

This is one brave woman and family and if ANYTHING ever suspicious happens to Laura ... well ....

Don't be too harsh on him.

Think he was looking for the Humour thread and got lost.

Bless.

I doubt that it was the police that advised her to take it down. I believe it was the "feeders" that advised her to take it down once they realised that she would not be able to substantiate her (exaggerated) claims.

This is a disgrace

if substantiated I do hope that The UK police act

rather than sweep it under the table in order that diplomacy reigns

I don't believe this - she probably made it up in a tit-for-tat spat with the Thai authorities after questioning their (admittedly) appalling, error stricken investigation. This absurd statement alludes more to the mind of a teenage girl than a Thai, I just don't see a Thai doing this at all.

I hope that she has some form of proof to back this up, otherwise she might find herself in a great deal of trouble!!

'A Thai would never do this' biggrin.png

I see that the veiled threat is becoming a recurring theme. Their strategy toward Laura is even more nauseating than I predicted.

I don't mind you quoting something that I have written, but please don't put something I haven't in quotation marks!!

Ah, English isn't your first language. Where u flom?

I didn't put anything in quotation marks Einstein.

f they weren't hard facts then why is it that the defence wasn't able to refute or challenge the prosecutions evidence then? On that, the judge stated that the DNA evidence was overwhelming in pointing to the B2's guilt - as did David's brother.

Now show me where the hard facts are in Laura's accusations of what the Thai authorities supposedly said to her!!

They refuted the prosecution evidence pretty comprehensively. And the DNA evidence is totally discredited. The judges chose to convict on discredited evidence. Their prerogative.

As well as making veiled threats to Laura, you're calling her a liar. You're quite a piece of work, aren't you?

This is going to cost Thailand Billions and Billions of dollars before the real killers are brought to justice , not baht but dollars! These killers are not worth it !!! Why bring down an entire country for a few bad apples... I have never in my 20+ years here seen anything like this ......

I doubt that it was the police that advised her to take it down. I believe it was the "feeders" that advised her to take it down once they realised that she would not be able to substantiate her (exaggerated) claims.

You were requested to provide evidence that these "feeders" (those are quotation marks Lucky11, you're welcome) actually exist. Did you actually do that, or do the discussions move forward on another myth?

This is going to cost Thailand Billions and Billions of dollars before the real killers are brought to justice , not baht but dollars! These killers are not worth it !!! Why bring down an entire country for a few bad apples... I have never in my 20+ years here seen anything like this ......

Loss of Face is more powerful and KT will be business as usual

More conspiracy theories from you. The rest of us prefer to deal with facts.

B2 convicted on dna the police said they had but never proved. So an unsubstantiated claim.

Laura posted on her facebook what she thought of the procedure and the thais dealing with her family. Fact.

Anything else you say is pi**ing in the wind.

B2 convicted on dna the police said they had but never proved. So an unsubstantiated claim.

Laura posted on her facebook what she thought of the procedure and the thais dealing with her family. Fact.

I don't know why I, or any of us, bother replying to asiamaster. He is clearly a troll.

The statements made by Thais to the sister sound to me exactly what a Thai person would say but in the Thai language the meaning is much different than what the translation into English purports to say, I doubt these statements were meant to be hurtful.

the problem is who is saying it and how is it translated and by whom and is there any explanation of the cultural context in which the statements are made and why it is being stated. In my many years in Thailand, I have often been irritated by statements Thai make but once the context is explained and I understand why' the statement is not as irritating. Obviously the sister is irritated by the translations and given the nature of this situation rightly so. I doubt an adequate explanation was ever given to her. While I do not believe guilt was proven in this case, I don't want extraneous cultural issues to obscure the real issues.

What I find extremely interesting and credible is the Anonymous clip which summarizes the case entirely and connects the handling of prior cases to the way investigations are handled. There is also another tape in Thai out there in Which Khun Sondhi explains process. The only way any of this will be solved is through the judicial process of Appeals and ultimately to the Thai Supreme Court.

Then MAYBE Thai- officialdom should learn some frogging English, when they want/ have to deal with people from other countries!

By the way: I really try to grasp, what could have been lost in translation, if something like "What are you doing here? You can go home and make another one!" is being said to a family, who just lost their daughter in a murder and rape- case!

bah.gif

I was going to say the same thing DM07.

Now the Buddhist belief of reincarnation MIGHT of sounded comforting if it was explained in the proper way. However "She is already dead, why do you still care?" and "Just go and make another one"....How can that ever be explained properly?

Here's the answer. It CAN'T! The judges wanted this all done and wrapped up because they had been paid for and instructed to by their masters.

" Surely someone from the defense team should be able to verify that?" And why is that?

She didn't say, it was said IN COURT!

She said, it was said by officials during the trial!

Why in the name of the mighty WWF would anyone of the defense had been present, to verify that?

Just READ, what was said and maybe try to understand, instead of making up your own little story, to make yourself feel better about yourself!

You were requested to provide evidence that these "feeders" (those are quotation marks Lucky11, you're welcome) actually exist. Did you actually do that, or do the discussions move forward on another myth?

Yes and you guys have been requested to do the same to prove your conspiracy theories. What's this? Am i not entitled to have my own conspiracies? I will gladly admit that this is based on my high introverted intuition and that I do find it hard to prove with all these secret identities. Possibly some even with dual or triple accounts.

How about you proving that I'm a paid shill?

Yes and you guys have been requested to do the same to prove your conspiracy theories. What's this? Am i not entitled to have my own conspiracies? I will gladly admit that this is based on my high introverted intuition and that I do find it hard to prove with all these secret identities. Possibly some even with dual or triple accounts.

Welcome to my ignore list. Cant be bothered reading conspiracy theories so devoid of logic and reasoning.

How about you proving you are not a paid shill. But I wont be reading the answer.

yawn

Mr Rizzla posted

If the police or any other ill-intentioned people deleted her post...well, the words stable door, bolted and horse spring to mind.

It's already out there.

Edited by Isitjustme

" Surely someone from the defense team should be able to verify that?" And why is that?

She didn't say, it was said IN COURT!

She said, it was said by officials during the trial!

Why in the name of the mighty WWF would anyone of the defense had been present, to verify that?

Just READ, what was said and maybe try to understand, instead of making up your own little story, to make yourself feel better about yourself!

I'd already made this point yesterday, but it was ignored. Didn't suit the agenda.

Edited by Khun Han

"How about you proving that I'm a paid shill?"

biggrin.png No point. Fellow shills will deny, and the 92% agree with me anyway. You see.....the problem with shills is they tend to ignore/refuse to accept bald facts anyway. Why would the do anything else?

I don't know why I, or any of us, bother replying to asiamaster. He is clearly a troll.

But he's such a nice, jovial one biggrin.png .

Quite a contrast to the OTT gushing by the Miller family.

As I posted on another thread, it is hard to understand how the two families could come to such different conclusions. I posted a while ago that I had met someone who works with Hannah's cousin and she told me the family never believed what they had been told by the RTP. This certainly confirms that. Now we hear they had been offered money and been threatened. Could this explain the Miller's response? The fact the Miller's statement was prepared before the verdict and parroted the prosecution's claims suggests something very dark has been going on.

Hopefully this is a long way from over and eventually we will all see the light.

I think the Millers gave much credence to the phone evidence.

The RTP gave the Millers phone identification information (that may or may not have come from the phone possessed at one point by Wai Phyo) and confirmed for themselves that this number matched. Of course, if the RTP had David's phone in their possession, that would be the number they would provide. Assuming, however, that the phone Wai Phyo had in his possession was David's (admittedly likely) there are various ways it may have come into his possession that he is unwilling to reveal. It is possible to overstate the importance of the phone evidence. Further, Zaw Lin is not implicated in any way with this particular evidence.

Most of the rest of the evidence is based on the RTP's word. The fact that very frightened Burmese took many days to withdraw their confessions, that I am quite sure were extracted under duress, is no real surprise. They fully expected to be killed if they withdrew their confessions.

Very interesting article on the DNA aspect in last Sundays BKK Post magazine. Cannot link to it on here but it's well worth a read, I never realized just how flawed the evidence was.

Edited by jacky54

You want facts, do you - try this one, the two accused from Myanmar were found guilty in the Thai courts of the rape and murder of Hannah Witheridge and the murder of David Miller!!

Now THAT is a fact!!

Edited by lucky11