Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

webfact

Don't see the relevance, plus I've got better things to do with my time.

555... How big are those Blinkers you're wearing.?

He's another one of these wannabe Thai nationalist trolls. Might be an alt for EnglishJohn.

Don't feed the trolls people!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see the relevance, plus I've got better things to do with my time.

555... How big are those Blinkers you're wearing.?

He's another one of these wannabe Thai nationalist trolls. Might be an alt for EnglishJohn.

Don't feed the trolls people!

I might disagree with most that samuiloner posts but it is a bit harsh labelling him as a troll and I feel that I must come to his defence on this!! See!!, even I can bat for the opposition on occasions that warrant it.

Very interesting article on the DNA aspect in last Sundays BKK Post magazine. Cannot link to it on here but it's well worth a read, I never realized just how flawed the evidence was.

Indeed, I did post in the other thread as well:

You are allowed to mention that it is in the BP in the spectrum section and dated on the 10th though..

I think you can also mention the article name if no link is provided:

"Unlocking the DNA of doubt" (mods please delete title if that is not allowed)

-------------------

And even tho english is not my mother tongue, let's do a little bit of semantic...

Many people mentioned DNA evidence as the reason why the court took that decision...

That is wrong: they took their decision based on a DNA report...

DNA evidence is what is collected; then a "statistical" report is issued.

DNA "proof" is not based on evidence, it is based on statistics only!!!

Read above mentioned article.

Many factors may not have been included in the testing and those omissions may have altered the final report..

Edited by CantSpell

Very interesting article on the DNA aspect in last Sundays BKK Post magazine. Cannot link to it on here but it's well worth a read, I never realized just how flawed the evidence was.

Indeed, I did post in the other thread as well:

You are allowed to mention that it is in the BP in the spectrum section and dated on the 10th though..

I think you can also mention the article name if no link is provided:

"Unlocking the DNA of doubt" (mods please delete title if that is not allowed)

-------------------

And even tho english is not my mother tongue, let's do a little bit of semantic...

Many people mentioned DNA evidence as the reason why the court took that decision...

That is wrong: they took their decision based on a DNA report...

DNA evidence is what is collected; then a "statistical" report is issued.

DNA "proof" is not based on evidence, it is based on statistics only!!!

Read above mentioned article.

Many factors may not have been included in the testing and those omissions may have altered the final report..

So it beats me why Andy and his team didn't include Jane Taupin's arguments in their defence, perhaps no one really understands the technicalities, after all Jane herself blamed TV crime programmes for giving the impression DNA testing is a cinch.

What I would like to know is : could or did the Norfolk coroner manage to obtain sample of semen inside Hannah that could be tested for DNA?

At least that would prove sex took place, and consequent testing in Thailand might find the owner.

The verdict was not based on the RTP's word. It was based on the DNA evidence!!

A handwritten form by the in-house RTP forensics department claiming a DNA match with alterations and dated after the announcement of the Burmese kids confessions. What would normally be provided in the form of a chain of custody was not provided. The only documented DNA evidence presented in court was that the accuseds' DNA was not on the alleged murder weapon. Other relevant DNA samples were lost, used up or not tested. In my book, it still comes down to the RTP's word.

Lack of chain of custody doesn't invalidate the DNA evidence, it may make it disputable but that's all.

I recall posts in the other Koh Tao threads that OJ Simpson was acquitted because of lack of chain of custody, well it was not, he was acquitted because the forensic team was unable to explain the forensic evidence in an to the jury understandable language.

With OJ it was a bit different, despite overwhelming evidence he was guilty he was acquitted, here we have the complete opposite, despite overwhelming evidence (or should we say non-exiting evidence) the B2 are not guilty they got convicted!

The DNA presented was "RTP hearsay" DNA which could not be verified anymore, we all know why....it wouldn't have matched!

She said that the British police logged in and first edited her post and has now deleted it.

Funny that out of all the people in this charade you accuse of lying is the bereaving sister of the accused. Not the corrupt, bumbling Thai authorities or the sick, bullying Thai mafia. No no no, it's Laura making up things whistling.gif

Where and when did she say that?

She hasn't posted anything further has she?

She did post in that reply to a comment that when she received the threats she had reported it to to the police. The police had then only logged into her facebook and deleted those threats.

Then it was probably the police that advised her to take it down.

Translators working for western media outlets have also been threatened by the Thai mafia and stopped translating for those outlets. CSI LA recievied a threat from Mon himself. Who else would be threatening Laura?

CsiLa received a threat from Mon because he was trying to implicate the family. Did Laura ever do that?

Well, well, you accept that a threat was made by Mon. So in addition to the threat to CSILA , let's not forget Sean McAnna (assisted suicide), Andy Hall (for defending the B2), the B2 themselves (confessed under duress), translators (to deter them from working for the defence), and now Laura Witheridge. Is there anyone 'out there' who wasn't threatened?? Seems there's a pattern (modus operandi) developing here, and as the saying goes "where there's smoke there's usually fire!"

The verdict was not based on the RTP's word. It was based on the DNA evidence!!

A handwritten form by the in-house RTP forensics department claiming a DNA match with alterations and dated after the announcement of the Burmese kids confessions. What would normally be provided in the form of a chain of custody was not provided. The only documented DNA evidence presented in court was that the accuseds' DNA was not on the alleged murder weapon. Other relevant DNA samples were lost, used up or not tested. In my book, it still comes down to the RTP's word.

Lucy's got her lines crossed. It was based on the rtp's 'word' that there was dna evidence. When clearly to any sane non-tunnel visioned person...there wasn't. NO verifiable evidence at all. Nuff said!

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I have to disagree with you as someone involved in upwards of 10 cases here. I know it is unbelievable but it mirrors the type of brainless, unsympathetic retarded behavior I have experienced myself. So if you have not been through the system first hand then I can understand your disbelief but then your eyes would be opened if you had experience. The crass behavior of many in authority has to be experienced to be believed. Then again there are some very polite and helpful people too but it is the bad ones who have most power - such is the result of corruption.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"quotes of the things said to my bereaved, heart broken family by the judges and court officials at the trial"

Why didn't reporters jump all over this if it was said at the trial?

Do you honestly believe that what was allegedly said by by the judge(s) to the bereaved would have been in full earshot of the press? If you do, you have a lot to learn about human nature, and more especially Thailand.

You don't know much about the freedom of the press to report trials here do you!

"Composed of 60 eminent judges and lawyers from all regions of the world, the International Commission of Jurists promotes and protects human rights through the Rule of Law"

Here is what they said on the Koh Tao verdict:

"there are several legal concerns about how the court approached the DNA evidence and allegations of torture which should be subject to careful review on appeal.

"A court must always approach DNA evidence, which is inherently complex and vulnerable to error, with the greatest of care," he said.

"Before taking it into account, it must be sure there were no mistakes from the moment the DNA evidence was collected to the time it was transported, analyzed and interpreted. This is only possible when a complete and detailed picture is presented and explained to the court by appropriate officials and experts.

"Whether this was done in this case consistent with international standards should be reviewed on appeal."

As other have said, please don't feed the trolls/shills. Their objective is to have these threads closed down and they have been very successful as some people cannot resist rising to the bait and keep trying to convince them. Forget it, you never will because getting to the truth is the last thing they want.

People have to remember that the Headman and family are worth hundreds of millions of dollars/pounds not baht! That sort of power buys a lot of friends

Bloody hell that's serious money, where did you see that?

There are hotels properties on Koh Samui worth more than that .

Are there really? I've only been to Samui once so I'm not familiar with such decadence, as I stayed in Taaling Nam. Maybe you could give us a few examples, by name and value. Strangely, I seem to remember someone using the same analogy (comparison using Samui hotels) on a previous KT thread. Might even have been you!

Laura should go on television herself to clarify all her allegations.

That's for her to decide.. She doesn't owe anyone anything.
Same with Maria Miller, or even David Millers family.

It's the RTP who are in debt to these people. I'm
Just happy to see them fight for the truth, or some portion of truth they can obtain.

Her remarks were passionate and accusatory, she does owe someone something- she owes the Thai police and people a justification and proof of her remarks of condemnation -who said ' you can make another one' ? etc.

Who is this sad sack?

She is owed very much by several people, in fact more than can ever be repaid, but owes nobody a thing especially these lying cheating bastards.

If people do you wrong don't just post stuff on a face book page which you withdraw 24 hours later, come out on TV and say what happened, the accusations will have a much bigger impact.

Don't be so stupid....she reacted with anger and grief after hearing that another innocent person had maybe been murdered on Koh Tao after previously retaining some dignity in her grief...She clearly has said some things that legal could,be a problem and might be a issue in the forthcoming appeal...She I'm sure was advised to remove those comments..I have no doubt that she was sincere and honest in her statement about what went on and I truly believe what she said was true. Also it totally explains the statement made by the Miller family and which many of us on here were very concerned about...

And pray what evidence, what shred of evidence has there been so far that Luke Miller was murdered?
None at all.
to quote your words,regarding Laura, she clearly has said some things that legal could,be a problem and might be a issue in the forthcoming appeal.- there are no possible legal consequences regarding the actual crime as to Laura's statements, what they could demonstrate if she could prove them is a determination to silence any opposition to the verdict., well she undoubtedly knows Andy Hall and his legal team, has she contacted them with evidence of these threats? What does he have to say/

So you think criticizing the Thais is going to help the Burmese 2. Perhaps, and I AM only surmising, someone involved in the defense asked her politely to remove them since she is clearly a person net rested n finding the perpetrator of the crime rather than letting the whole affair disappear under some falsely convicted scapegoats! Probably several more reasons to tone it down too.

Hannah’s sister, Laura, has written a Facebook post describing the family’s grief and criticising Thai authorities’ handling of the case. She says her family were told: “Why are you so bothered? Just go home and make another one.”

Oh come on---no matter how down on Thailand you are...This is fantasy from the Sister who I don't think even came here...can anyone really imagine in the middle of a murder hunt that is being reported world wide The Thai authorities saying ..."don't worry--Go Make another Baby" ...... What Authorities When.........Where....

And as for the other comments she is coming out with---"A Thai (Buddhist said )..."Its OK she will be back in 30 days as someone else"

I don't think the murder trial was conducted that well........I have definite doubts about the convicted....but this has to be recognised for what it is......pure fantasy.

I have to disagree with you as someone involved in upwards of 10 cases here. I know it is unbelievable but it mirrors the type of brainless, unsympathetic retarded behavior I have experienced myself. So if you have not been through the system first hand then I can understand your disbelief but then your eyes would be opened if you had experience. The crass behavior of many in authority has to be experienced to be believed. Then again there are some very polite and helpful people too but it is the bad ones who have most power - such is the result of corruption.

Yes. Having experienced it myself you are left almost gob smacked. Throw in racial overtones, and its not the most pleasant experience.

If you haven't been through it, you'll will never understand it, especially from a western point of view.

However within the system you find very decent, polite and trustworthy individuals.

If this wasn't such a high profile case, I would have had enough confidence in the judicial system to at some point to have found the Burmese " less guilty", not so sure now.

Mr Rizzla posted

She said that the British police logged in and first edited her post and has now deleted it.

Funny that out of all the people in this charade you accuse of lying is the bereaving sister of the accused. Not the corrupt, bumbling Thai authorities or the sick, bullying Thai mafia. No no no, it's Laura making up things whistling.gif

If the police or any other ill-intentioned people deleted her post...well, the words stable door, bolted and horse spring to mind.

It's already out there.

I think you will find that police had access to her account to enable them to remove anything upsetting that may get to her timeline before she had to read it - not that they were messing with her own posts - that's how I read it anyway.

People have to remember that the Headman and family are worth hundreds of millions of dollars/pounds not baht! That sort of power buys a lot of friends

Bloody hell that's serious money, where did you see that?

There are hotels properties on Koh Samui worth more than that .

Are there really? I've only been to Samui once so I'm not familiar with such decadence, as I stayed in Taaling Nam. Maybe you could give us a few examples, by name and value. Strangely, I seem to remember someone using the same analogy (comparison using Samui hotels) on a previous KT thread. Might even have been you!

This so called mafia family on KT seem to have been turned into some sort of mythical mega empire, with their claws reaching far and wide Does anyone know them, what hotels they own, had any dealings with them, even seen them. With these 100's of millions of £/$, would they still live on KT?

Edited by roo860

I see Thailand blogger Richard Barrow has registered with the shills. Another who will see no wrong in the country and will protect regardless of what is right in front of him. I never could get my head around these psychophants trying to be more Thai than the Thais themselves. Truly nauseating.

What an interesting set of questions you have posed here, I bet you don't get many answers to them though.

I doubt they actually exist - well certainly not the way they do in posters minds. Lets see if they prove us wrong by naming these ever-so-rich (seemingly) owners of the island.

I see Thailand blogger Richard Barrow has registered with the shills. Another who will see no wrong in the country and will protect regardless of what is right in front of him. I never could get my head around these psychophants trying to be more Thai than the Thais themselves. Truly nauseating.

Yes and even the Thais find farangs who act likes Thais as ridiculous..as they should know better.

Where are you seeing this? I don't see anything on his blog/FB/twitter

Me too I can't see anything about it.

All over his twitter page. Arguing with people that she (Hannah's sister) has slandered the Thai authorities and they are considering legal action. Other posts he is arguing the families have been respected etc. because the Millers accepted the verdict.

Further down he's arguing that she has removed her fb comments because they were probably not 100% true.

All over his twitter page. Arguing with people that she (Hannah's sister) has slandered the Thai authorities and they are considering legal action. Other posts he is arguing the families have been respected etc. because the Millers accepted the verdict.

Ok I kind of see it now. I'm not a member of twitter so trying to navigate the comments is proving frustrating. But he does come across like lots of members we have on here. Flag waving, wanna be high so, nationalists.