Invest in a 7-11 store?

fekman

Does anyone have intimate information about someone who owns, or did own, a 7-11 here?

I understand that 7-11 controls a lot of your business, they take a big cut, and they can put one across the street from you.

There is a reason why there are so many. The business model is strong. I've never seen one close either. Has anyone else? Parent company has a big interest in getting a good location and seeing you succeed.

I like the entry point, about 1-1.5 million baht, from what I've read. This is low enough that the risk-reward is comfortable, yet high enough to keep the average Thai from getting in.

I chatted up a guy who said his wife owns 4 in the NE region. They aren't very busy, yet profitable. Nets about 200-250k a month total, and only put up about a million per store. Also, she has a regional manager who manages all 4, and claims the system is very steamlined, and she puts forth minimal effort.

I'd be happy with a 600k a year return on a 1.5million investment, if the ongoing management required minimal effort on my part.

In fairness sounds like he just got off the last plane and has thise rose tinted glasses firmly on so we should give a bit of slack i guess .

But so you can consider your options...

http://www.cpall.co.th/contentlv2.aspx?ctlv1=6&ctlv2=%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%82%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%B1%C3%A0%C2%B9%C2%89%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%99%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%95%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%AD%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%99%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%81%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%B2%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%A3%C3%A0%C2%B9%C2%80%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%9B%C3%A0%C2%B9%C2%87%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%99%C3%A0%C2%B9%C2%81%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%9F%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%A3%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%99%C3%A0%C2%B9%C2%84%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%8A%C3%A0%C2%B8%C2%AA%C3%A0%C2%B9%C2%8C

Yes its in Thai but of course you are able to read , write and speak fluently allready otherwise its a pretty daft idea right ?

1.5 Mil baht's only about 40K USD. Sounds too cheap for a major franchise,even in a 3rd world backwater like Thailand.

1.5m is not correct .... shit .. you might get a fruit juice cafe next to KFC for that !!

they want to see 15 - 20 mil .... ok ..

Edited by steven100

OP: Darling, I really want us to be happy together. This teacher's salary is really small I know and living in this 1-room is hard. I will think of something.

GF: Daling, I alledy thinking for you.

OP: Really?

GF: Leally. Make 7.

OP: What?

GF: 7/11. You giv me 1.5million open 7 after no ploblem. One year 600,000 plofit. See-sip percent ok? Amerika no have see-sip percent plofit. Thailand diffelent.

OP: Wow, that's pretty cool. I think I could scrape 1.5mil together if I sell off everything back home. But darling I wouldn't want to stress you running a shop.

GF: No stess. You limember my bluther?

OP: Yeah, sure, the good-looking kid who stays over when I am not around to make sure no harm comes to you in this crappy neighborhood.

GF: Chai, him no evelything 7. You giv money, I open 7, him take care. After you sleep, boom-boom, relak, just evely month 31 day you count plofit, Ok?

OP: Sounds like a plan.

Edited by The Dancer

OP: Darling, I really want us to be happy together. This teacher's salary is really small I know and living in this 1-room is hard. I will think of something.

GF: 7/11. You giv me 1.5million open 7 after no ploblem. One year 600,000 plofit. See-sip percent ok? Amerika no have see-sip percent plofit. Thailand diffelent.

OP: Wow, that's pretty cool. I think I could scrape 1.5mil together if I sell off everything back home. But darling I wouldn't want to stress you running a shop.

OP: Yeah, sure, the good-looking kid who stays over when I am not around to make sure no harm comes to you in this crappy neighborhood.

GF: Chai, him no evelything 7. You giv money, I open 7, him take care. After you sleep, boom-boom, relak, just evely month 31 day you count plofit, Ok?

555 spot on!

Yes, I did see one close as others seem to open near any school. A friend looked into it and figured the profit would be about = to having a managers job… having employees is never a lot of fun as they sometimes do things not covered in the manual - when you calculate your return on investment, remember that you also are working a job…

Good luck if you give it a go or not...

I laughed so hard I think a little pee may have just come out.

I laughed so hard I think a little pee may have just come out.

That's funny.