Got Scammed By Motor Bike Cop

Gerry290

Yeah...was a pure scam, anyway my fault for pushing my luck.

Point is, the taxi men I think were working with the cops on this joint scam.

No it wasn't a pure scam. You just paid the wrong people, that's all.

You actually saved yourself 50 baht and a trip to the station.

I got legally fined for exactly the same offence in January. Up Soi 16 the wrong way and no licence on me. Fine exactly 650 baht at Soi 9 police station.

PS. Whoops! Just noticed this thread is 2 years old.

Edited by tropo

If i am in my car and get stopped i just say sorry i dont understand??? even when he speaks english.

time and time again i say sorry i dont understand. Remember he is loosing money standing there as many more cars are passing he could have had money from. if he says we go police station then i say OK no problem. 9 out of 10 times he gives up and says Go.

Motorbike is not so easy..... and it is always an idea to have 200 in an appropriate pocket. And a sorry i hurry can pay now ok. i hurry. ok i only have 200. sorry i hurry. I have never been to soi 9 ever, and dont forget thats more than the thais pay.

They normally pay 100.

You were certainly in the wrong. I have been stopped twice in Pattaya on my bike. Both times I had done nothing wrong. the cops just asked me if I had a license. when I responded yes and went to reach for it they just let me go. I guess they were just looking for a little extra tea money.