60 days Tourist Visa Extension Forms in Pattaya

Sirs,

I went to Jomtiem Immgration office and shows my 60 days tourist visa and asked to apply for 30 days extension.

They gave me the extension request form and Owner/Hotel Notification Form (?) and a small sheet with required documents.

I never did the Owner/Hotel Notification Form, is it NOW required or they confused my visa extension request?

Edited by lavezzi

It is required. The owner/landlord should complete it and someone should give it to immigration when you move in. If you are renting immigration could consider you the possessor of the property and fine you if it's not done.

However, more and more immigration offices are asking for this form when people do extensions of stay.

Thanks for the answer!

My owner is away from thailand.

Can I fill the form and give to immgration and then with the recipt of it apply for the Visa extension?

Im in touch with the owner (is a friend of mine too), do I need his Passport copy too or I can submit the form directly?

thanks!

I was at jomtien immigration today to apply 30 day extension. TM30 was needed form for me also. I do not know what is needed to have as minimum paperwork for TM30. I was not asked if i own or rent etc.. I gave them old receipt of cleaning where is my name and address in thai..That was enough,,

Thanks for the answer!

My owner is away from thailand.

Can I fill the form and give to immgration and then with the recipt of it apply for the Visa extension?

Im in touch with the owner (is a friend of mine too), do I need his Passport copy too or I can submit the form directly?

thanks!

You will need to ask the office what they will accept.

It really depends on the purpose of the the TM30.

The TM30 should be submitted within 24 hours of a foreigner staying at an address to satisfy the immigration act and could (potentially) be completed and by you as the possessor. However, Immigration are now often asking for the TM30 to be completed at extension applications as a form of proof of address, and want it completed by the owner along with a copy of their house book and ID. As the owner isn't available you could ask if they will accept another form of proof of address.

I never did the Owner/Hotel Notification Form, is it NOW required or they confused my visa extension request?

It is new that most, if not all, immigration offices now check whether the "House Master" of the place where you live submitted the form TM.30 when you arrived.

It is the house master the immigration office should go after if this requirement was not complied with but sometimes an immigration officer unofficially deputises you to remind the house master.

In your case, you can be considered to be the house master, ie the chief possessor of the residence in your capacity as tenant, as defined in Section 4 of the Immigration Act.

Could some1 confirm me that the "NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED" is not required if I rented the room and im not the owner?

Based on posts in this forum, in a case like yours some immigration offices will not ask the tenant to submit the TM.30 if the owner submitted it, although, strictly speaking, after hiring out the condo to you the owner is no longer its chief possessor and therefore not the house master for purposes of the Immigration Act.

I'm a little unclear here.

The OP referred to Owner/Hotel Notification Form so what happens if one is staying in a hotel/guest house and goes to Jomtien, WITH a TM7 and hotel receipts?

This could result in needing to go twice for a simple TV extension, unless the Owner/Hotel Notification Form is available to download.

Anyone know?

I'm hoping Maestro or UbonJoe are still following...... rolleyes.gif

The OP referred to Owner/Hotel Notification Form so what happens if one is staying in a hotel/guest house and goes to Jomtien, WITH a TM7 and hotel receipts?
This could result in needing to go twice for a simple TV extension, unless the Owner/Hotel Notification Form is available to download.
Anyone know?

If staying at hotel. guesthouse and etc that is registered with immigration only the receipt would be needed .because they do the reports online.

You can download the TM30 form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

Anyone know?

If staying at hotel. guesthouse and etc that is registered with immigration only the receipt would be needed .because they do the reports online.

You can download the TM30 form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

Thank you UbonJoe - as ever you resolve my visa problems at a stroke clap2.gifwai2.gif

Anyone know?

Thank you UbonJoe - as ever you resolve my visa problems at a stroke clap2.gifwai2.gif

I am on a 60 day TR which I will be hoping to add the 30 days in around a month. I did one last year and needed all sorts of paperwork photos etc. So are you saying I only need a TM30 as long as my landlady has registered with immigration? I may decide to leave LOS and return on a visa exempt. Is there a recommendation on time limit I should leave for? I am not a back to back traveller so my passport will not ring any bells

Edited by Walter Travolta

Anyone know?

I am on a 60 day TR which I will be hoping to add the 30 days in around a month. I did one last year and needed all sorts of paperwork photos etc. So are you saying I only need a TM30 as long as my landlady has registered with immigration? I may decide to leave LOS and return on a visa exempt. Is there a recommendation on time limit I should leave for? I am not a back to back traveller so my passport will not ring any bells

You still need to complete a TM7 form with one photo attached to it. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and departure card.

If your landlady was registered at immigration she would do the report online. No need for a TM30 form.

You can leave and turnaround and come right back to get a visa exempt entry.