Danish claims of armed robbery in East Pattaya

webfact

Danish claims of armed robbery in East Pattaya

man-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Nongprue Police were contacted by a Danish National late on Tuesday Night who claimed he had just been robbed at knife-point on the street.

Police met with Mr. Sonnich Jensen aged 23 who appeared intoxicated. He claimed that he had gone for a walk along Soi Siam Country Club and encountered a Thai man who approached him carrying a knife. The knife was placed on his stomach and the man demanded all valuables should be handed over to avoid any further problems.

Mr. Sonnich claims he handed over his wallet, which reportedly contained 20,000 Baht in cash, along with his new IPhone 6S worth an estimated 30,000 Baht.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220701/danish-claims-of-armed-robbery-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-13

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like your typical Apple fan-boy...stupid to be carrying 20k cash and a 30k phone while stumbling drunk down the street in a country where the average monthly salary is less than 10k per month.

Yes, totally his mistake. Let's deport him for getting robbed! That stupid boy with his iphone!

It could be true or it could be a lie.
Why do these dumbos go walk about during the late hours and usually tanked up?
They are a delight to the bad guys and dolls who see another walking opportunity.
Usually it's by Ladyboys on Pattaya Beach but these clowns still go there!

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts corrected

20k is not a lot to be carrying espically when you don't have a Thai atm card. Due to arm fees I would always withdraw large lots.

Only difference between me and him is when I was living there is I was about 10 years older and would have been more likely to have the latest Samsung as I preferred a larger screen on my phone.

Biggest risk at night walking along SSCC Road is getting run over by a anyone speeding along there. Crime like this is not very common aside from the fake cops that were rounded up last year working around there. If they are out of jail, that's the likely robbers.

Its interesting that this is reported as a "claimed robbery" and not just a robbery.

To be honest I'd be surprised to be robbed at knifepoint in Thailand, but its not impossible.

It seems that robbers may see an opportunity here, rob young drunk foreigners and it will not be treated as a crime because the police will blame the victim for making it up.

That is a large amount of cash for such a young guy.

Hopefully he can provide an ATM slip for his cash withdrawal.

Since when is 20.000 B much money?

Depends if your rich or not......... 20 tho to me is a lot, and to many people i know as well... Im guessing your filthy rich... Can u give me 20 tho since its not much to u coffee1.gifclap2.gif

I'm guessing the ATM slip would be in the wallet......facepalm.gif

If he bothered to take it and if the machine had not run out of paper stock

Depends if your rich or not......... 20 tho to me is a lot, and to many people i know as well... Im guessing your filthy rich... Can u give me 20 tho since its not much to u coffee1.gifclap2.gif

Rich? On vacation and B20k is a lot, eh? Asking for a handout seems a major problem with those who have not figured out how to have money.

Anytime you feel 20K Baht is chump change, you can flick it over here pal, if that makes you feel better about yourself and your "lifestyle", 555

Looks like your typical Apple fan-boy...stupid to be carrying 20k cash and a 30k phone while stumbling drunk down the street in a country where the average monthly salary is less than 10k per month.

More like Apple pie pastry fed dufus.

Today's travelers seem to be a bit less savvy than say those of 15 or 20 years ago

How many tour boats and buses are full of overfeed people, adorned with heavy Gold jewelry and Rolex watches, despite having been warned not to?

When we first came here, we were armed with a map, a dictionary, and dare I say......some common sense

b

The iPhone is probably used as his camera?

My solution?

Have two wallets.

The main one to leave at home when you go out on the town.

The party wallet has photo copy of DL, PP Visa and limited cash and a condom or two!

No credit cards etc.

Same for the ladies n their handbags.

The only trouble is that say 5,000-10,000b is still big money to these thieves

so it won't stop them.

It just makes it easier to give up without a struggle.

Edited by laislica

...seems like the police have already decided otherwise....not very reassuring....

Always remember one thing. They are NOT police. They are part of the RCD (revenue collection department) disguised as policemen, to assure the public that they are safe. The sooner you realize this, and come to terms with this fact, the safer you will be. Never call the police. Nothing good will come of it. Never count on them for protection. Do not assume they have any investigative skill. They do not. Do not assume anything of them, except that they want your cash.

Typically, they will always choose the lazy approach, when coming to a conclusion. So, jumping to rash decisions bases on nothing in particular, is what you should expect, at all times. This is not Scotland Yard, after all.

I would actually feel safer walking along Beach Rd late at night rather than Soi Siam CC or one or two other streets near there.

Shush, you will start a riot saying that, havnt you read the other thread that it is all roses and daisies over in them there partsblink.png

Its interesting that this is reported as a "claimed robbery" and not just a robbery.

To be honest I'd be surprised to be robbed at knifepoint in Thailand, but its not impossible.

It seems that robbers may see an opportunity here, rob young drunk foreigners and it will not be treated as a crime because the police will blame the victim for making it up.

"...rob young drunk foreigners and it will not be treated as a crime because the police will blame the victim for making it up."

Wow. Even by Thai Visa standards that's some weird scenario.

The amount of money is almost irrelevant given that it is unlikely the robber knew he had 20k on him.

And I would add that 20k is not a lot of money is any case and the loss probably didn't worry this young guy as much as it would a lot of the bottom feeders here.

The fact that he was drunk and alone is the pertinent issue here.

If there is a recurring theme in assaults and robberies in Pattaya it is that the victim in invariably drunk and alone.