Thai taxi driver sentenced to death for murder of Japanese teacher

webfact

Token " Death Sentence".

I don't think the Thais are executing folk these days, so what's the point of issuing a death sentence?

Are you serious??? He got the death sentence but they won't kill him? Does the same go for the 2 Burmese from koh tao?

I still learn a lot about Thailand every day, can't believe this.facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

It's been 7 or 8 years since someone was put to death (lethal injection) and from memory only two have been executed since early 2000 and something.

There's hundreds on death row. They have a fairly high chance of dying from old age first, I believe. Lol.

"Murder" someone and you get life reduced to 20 years but if you use a car to kill someone you get nothing?? Hard to figure that one. Is this what is meant by "thainess", selective sentencing? sad.png

Same in Australia, you get bugger all for killing someone with a car, sadly it's more acceptable to the system for people to get plastered and jump in a two tonne bullet and speed down the street and skittle granny on her way to buy eggs.

Strange world.

"Murder" someone and you get life reduced to 20 years but if you use a car to kill someone you get nothing?? Hard to figure that one. Is this what is meant by "thainess", selective sentencing? sad.png

Same in Australia, you get bugger all for killing someone with a car, sadly it's more acceptable to the system for people to get plastered and jump in a two tonne bullet and speed down the street and skittle granny on her way to buy eggs.

Strange world.

I guess that they get something and not let off scot free?

It seems in Thailand, poor and uneducated scum get trampled but the rich and educated scum get a 500bht fine for their crimes? coffee1.gif Amazing what "mitigating circumstances" and money can do!

Strange world.

I guess that they get something and not let off scot free?

It seems in Thailand, poor and uneducated scum get trampled but the rich and educated scum get a 500bht fine for their crimes? coffee1.gif Amazing what "mitigating circumstances" and money can do!

It would actually surprise you with what people get off with, although I will admit things have improved slightly over the years.

Look, anytime the notoriously lenient judges here hand down a 20 year sentence, that is itself quite a miraculous outcome. So, let the beautiful sentencing of this absolute creep stand. It is a good thing.

No,

I am sorry but there are a few things you may not know.

The guy has said jealousy was the motive. The reason for this is a Thai court will view this as a ' temporary loss of control ' Thais relate to that.

It would not bear well had he admitted he did it for greed and money.

Because there was no weapon as in a gun or knife used, this again goes in his favour at times of amnesties by the King. What happens is amnesties are awarded on his behavioural class within the prison system ranging from excellent ( obviously biggest cut in sentence ) to very bad where they get nothing. The prison system has:- Very bad, bad, standard, good, very good and excellent.

OK, then at amnesty time, the question will be if he used a weapon and was it pre meditated.

By the lenience of the sentence the judge has accepted a gulity plea, killing in a fit of rage caused by jealousy and no weapon used.Also, is he a first time offender for this type of crime. Yes, if he has been a scumbag before for say, theft or burglary. That does not go against him for amnesties as its a different type of crime to this one.

This guy will probably serve about 10-12 years max.

I believe though, he has another murder case pending, didn't the daughter of another victim come forward??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/14/2016 at 5:54 PM, Emster23 said:

Fair enough. BTW how they doin' with the Son of Red Bull case?

Why are you still remembering the Son of Red Bull case? You are supposed to forget about it. That's what they are doing, trying to make it boring and delaying it so long that you finally lose all interest or perhaps you die, you know we all die at some point in our life don't we? Some Thai ladies may be able to help you, make it quick and easy.

When I first arrived at the airport the immigration ask me, "What is your purpose of visit to this country?" I said, "to experience the "Farang Exit" that I read so much on the Thai Visa Forum" He didn't quite understand, he murmured something in Thai that I didn't understand either and stamped my passport.