Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Laura would have mentioned a declined bribe from Thailand to keep their mouths shut and accept the verdict

She did:

"What if I told you that the thais offered us ‘compensation’ to try and keep us quiet?"

That's not a rumor then, Thais tried to bribe one family of a murder victim, scandalous.

Of course it's rumour, an unsubstantiated statement from a family member. As she stated, "so what if I told you." Well what if she told someone, she could tell any one a number of things and because she said it occurred, you're suggesting that it gives credence to the allegations she raised?

So you think she's a liar then?

put a Honda helmet on her and some chains. take a photo of the farang woman pointing at her facebook account.

show her some more crime scene photos of her dead sister.

take her to the island so the same people can rape her too.

then send her home.

problem solved. why can't the rest of the world outside Thailand understand this?

Great editorial this morning in the paper which cannot be referenced. Titled "no time for intimidation", ironic that I was lead to it from Andy Halls Twitter feed. The guy who refuses to be intimidated. He should be the one given the opportunity to put this into words when it is all over.

Sickening from the start, but could the tide finally be turning?

I think Laura would have mentioned a declined bribe from Thailand to keep their mouths shut and accept the verdict

She did:

"What if I told you that the thais offered us ‘compensation’ to try and keep us quiet?"

That's not a rumor then, Thais tried to bribe one family of a murder victim, scandalous.

Of course it's rumour, an unsubstantiated statement from a family member. As she stated, "so what if I told you." Well what if she told someone, she could tell any one a number of things and because she said it occurred, you're suggesting that it gives credence to the allegations she raised?

try reading it again

She did:

Here's the rest of her statement on this

What if I told you that the thais offered us ‘compensation’ to try and keep us quiet? Obviously we were absolutely appalled and told them to shove it.

Much like Major General Paween formerly head RTP investigator for the human trafficking investigations in southern Thailand who said he had his life threatened and is now claiming asylum in Australia unless these allegations are actually investigated by independent authorities they can never be proven but cast serious concerns that are not taken lightly and dismissed out of hand as rumors, thats exactly what the Thai's would love.

At least you qualified this as being a current circulating story of uncertain or doubtful truth. Give it a few more pages and someone will have it as fact.

But that's all it takes.

First it's just a rumor...

-Next person comes along "I heard they may had been bribed"

-Next one "I heard they were bribed"

-Next one "they were paid a bribe"

In other words the damage is done; well done kiwikeith in contributing to the hate campaign against the Miller family.

Edit: removed rumor.

Can I remind people that the Miller family also lost a love one and such besmirching of the family is unnecessary and uncalled for. Respect the Miller family in these difficult times (as much as) the Witheridges.

It seems apparent, that because the Witheridges are more in tune with a majority of posters that they attract the sympathy vote whereas the Millers being convinced of the B2's guilt receives nothing but abuse.

Can I remind you to stop stirring - it's predictable and boring. As to the families, they have both stated their views, and Laura took down her F/B page because their family was receiving abuse following that. I don't think any fair-minded person on here would think anything other than the Millers were misled into believing the RTP's version of these crimes and/or needed closure.

As to whether the RTP would aim to prosecute Laura has yet to be declared. As an aside the Rayong court accepted the prosecution's case of four migrant workers accused of killing a Thai woman despite their employer producing CCTV of them at work and the parents complaining about torture - so yet another instance of the RTP totally over-riding any opposition to their claims.

Really sad.

She did:

only a person with poor comprehension skills or an ulterior motive to put your spin on it would interpret her allegations the way you do.

very common for a family member to become a activist when a loved one dies. cancer, AIDS, drunk driving.

i know what i would do. a dozen websites condemning Thailand.

Facebook and twitter attacking Thailand tourism.

Every time someone on Twitter posts to #thailand "leaving on my vacation to Thailand next week. can't wait." i would respond with a warning to them. Posts on travel sites. i would contact every media outlet in the whole frickin' world with links to the story.

i would write a book and when Hollywood wants the rights, i would use the money to finance the operation for decades.

not sure what Hannah's sister will do.

This entire story, starting with the murders, has been the worst I have seen since my stay in Thailand.

Thais need to understand that there will be a best seller book wrote about this and they can't stop it so they better start thinking about how they want the story to end.

if that book sees the light of day, the story will end with a complete ban on the book in LOS and blocking websites linking to the book. coffee1.gif

Well this is going to be interesting.....coffee1.gif

Nah, not really, the RTP shoots there mouth of like usual,...and will deny it tomorrow...and re deny it the next day......nothing we haven't seen or heard before....

Best regards.

Anyone get what I mean about misdirection?

PoorSucker: Posted Yesterday, 14:35 Continued here: http://www.thaivisa....land-criticism/

Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism is the New Topic - the previous topic was Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

I get it now, it has been moved from the Samui forum to the main news forum because the title of the forum is more acceptable?

The missus dragged me out shopping yesterday arvo... On returning I found that the tread would not respond to input.... In the end I asked the moderator, who advised that they were trying to avoid duplicating topics.

As to a more acceptable title... Funnily enough, the early pages did have a different tone, which is why I did not recognize it as the continuing thread.... But then lucky 11 got back into it again!

If I understand it correctly there was more than one person or family member who heard these statements. If this is true then there is one or more witnesses thus the statements have backing as proof. If this was a murder and there was a witness coming forward wouldn't that be accepted in court.

This entire story, starting with the murders, has been the worst I have seen since my stay in Thailand.

Thais need to understand that there will be a best seller book wrote about this and they can't stop it so they better start thinking about how they want the story to end.

if that book sees the light of day, the story will end with a complete ban on the book in LOS and blocking websites linking to the book. coffee1.gif

It don't matter if it is read in Thailand or not. But if banned it will even get more attention as it proves there was wrong doing and makes the book a must read. It's really a no win for Thailand if they keep going down the path they are on.

If I was in charge I would come clean on everything and open the entire case to an outside investigation with no restrictions. This would be seen as a huge step for justice in Thailand and would make tourist more trusting of this new government.

There are powerful men in powerful positions and there are great men in powerful positions. Great men make a difference and are few in number. Powerful men make fear and are many.

Edited by ttthailand

She did:

"What if I told you that the thais offered us compensation to try and keep us quiet?"

only a person with poor comprehension skills or an ulterior motive to put your spin on it would interpret her allegations the way you do.

It seems to me that these long threads are sidetracked.... The initial statement is to the effect that something ( threat, bride, mum having a ride on an elephant) was said

Something was said... That's irrefutable

Now we have a dozen threads swirling around trying to besmirch the credibility of Laura.... Why?

She asked a question and made a statement... End of discussion

PoorSucker: Posted Yesterday, 14:35 Continued here: http://www.thaivisa....land-criticism/

Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism is the New Topic - the previous topic was Sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge receives death threats

I get it now, it has been moved from the Samui forum to the main news forum because the title of the forum is more acceptable?

The missus dragged me out shopping yesterday arvo... On returning I found that the tread would not respond to input.... In the end I asked the moderator, who advised that they were trying to avoid duplicating topics.

As to a more acceptable title... Funnily enough, the early pages did have a different tone, which is why I did not recognize it as the continuing thread.... But then lucky 11 got back into it again!

You can't keep me away!! even phone ap's can't stop me.

Just stop to criticize Thailand all the time! Its a commom sense allways to know it better! If someone is not happy with the things going on here,why not just leave?Nobody has to stay here its not a must.....we are all guests here and if we dont like the way it is, then just go back to your country.

And when back in your country then shure you start to criticize the goverment there and so it goes on and on?....

Let the Thai Police do there Job and enjoy the beautiful country here!

And judging from some posters posts some are not guests here but thais.

A thai judge told my friend in an accident summary that he was not at fault with , If you were not in Thailand the accident would not of Happened.

So was there not a curfew in place that all Bars had to be shut at twelve ???

I see that in Chiang Mai (thaksin territory) it is enforced.

So are not the Thai Ploice and Jaunta guilty of letting these bars stay open till all hours of the morning and just the recent death of the young man on Koh Tao a few days ago , when the bars were doing trade at early hours of the morning.

people obviously out of there faces able to be supplied with drugs and cocktails until they pass out, never drug tested by police, you might say what policeman would be brave enough to do this.

Does not our society/police, drug test people and refuse to serve them if thet look out of it, the person serving can be prosecuted as well as the bar.

Are the Thai police taking bribes to let them stay open so that Mon and all the other Mafia can sell there dope and cocktails, or do they have special exemption, I know bar owners that happily are paying police to stay open as most of us do.

So if this is the case these deaths would not have occured as they would not have been in the bars late at night, so then why arn't the Police resposible for enforcing this restriction sacked or prosecuted.

I think that if the police were doing there jobs these deaths would never have occured and some Police heads need to roll.

I hope the pm reads this and sacks all the police not closing bars at 12

Re kiwikeiths first post... I believe that in a civil case, blame is apportioned to each party involved in an act..., that blame might be 1% for a guy driving thru a green light, and 99% for the guy running a red light and hitting him, but still, I believe it's common

For it to be done or said or intimated in a criminal case is deplorable

You can't keep me away!! even phone ap's can't stop me.

What do you have to loose that keeps you on this topic ? I think you are more involved in this case than you let on ..... The truth always comes out, one day, one week, one year, 10 year or even more.... But it will come out.

Whenever a book is banned its sales will go up. The law of unintended consequences.

Saw a TV interview with an author a few years ago went like this:

Interviewer: " Did you know your book has been banned in Thailand?"

Author: " How wonderful, the cheques will be better now as a result of that!"

The defense has 30 days from the date of the ruling to request an appeal. Time then to see what razzle-dazzle they can show.

As the prosecution has no evidence pertaining to the b2 i fail to see what kind of razzle-dazzle the defense would have to show.

I guess it's just a mere technicality that you aren't the one who needs to be shown.

The defense has 30 days from the date of the ruling to request an appeal. Time then to see what razzle-dazzle they can show.

As the prosecution has no evidence pertaining to the b2 i fail to see what kind of razzle-dazzle the defense would have to show.

I guess it's just a mere technicality that you aren't the one who needs to be shown.

Would it be blasphemous to shout "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

Would it be blasphemous to shout "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

No -- but so far although everyone knows big money has been paid, nobody yet has been able to show any.