Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

Why are they "prosecuting" - the girl is not even in Thailand! Is this some sort of face saving activity? Waste of time and resources for the happiness of some Thai authorities. Perhaps some authorative people believe that by patting themselves on the back they will go forward? Sheesh! I thought this was Thailand NOT la la land http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/blinding /img]

Maybe that is why she repeatedly used the term " what if I tell you"

This " implies more than states... Perhaps she knew enough about thailands laws, or had been advised not to openly critise the country et al, after all, to avoid the threat of persecution ( oops, prosecution), which does seem to have failed anyway

By the way... Love the la la land comment...,takes me way back to my childhood ?

What a load nonsense, do you really think she gives a rat's arse about Thai law when she is located in the UK - it amazes me how anyone can ever consider that the Thais have any say outside their own small sphere of influence.....

I'm sure you have a much better opinion as to why the Facebook posts, made by Laura, were removed... Or as to why she now fears for her life, if it's true that the Thai people don't care about her or her post.

This conjecture has been running continually through this thread, with no real answer, just questions about why her Facebook is closed, and throughout the thread, I have never said that the Thais could reach out to her in the UK... But many other posters have

Regardless...., please do go ahead and instead of hanging do do, on folk.....Attempt to give an explanation to all those curious cats wondering about why she went silent... You can even be nice when doing it, instead of being provocative... If you want, of course

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting point farcanell, that, the repeated use of ' what if I tell you...' to avoid legal troubles, bit like the newspapers saying 'Mr X, the alleged killer' but it does seem strange to use it, repeatedly and in written English.

I can imagine someone using it verbally to try to convince someone else about some unpalatable facts- 'What if I told you boss, Jones has been stealing from the company for years?' but in written English? and repeatedly, it just seems a strange way to write for someone who is supposedly feeling intense rage.

She made so many accusations, I think I would not have been able to suppress my anger if it had been me and would have accused directly point by point

And the reported speech of the threats- Thais don't speak English like that, that was English slang.

As to why it was taken down, maybe her lawyers advised her it would do nothing to help free the Burmese 2, especially if her accusations couldn't be proved, simply rile the Thai authorities, or maybe she didn't write it herself.

Interesting point farcanell, that, the repeated use of ' what if I tell you...' to avoid legal troubles, bit like the newspapers saying 'Mr X, the alleged killer' but it does seem strange to use it, repeatedly and in written English.

I can imagine someone using it verbally to try to convince someone else about some unpalatable facts- 'What if I told you boss, Jones has been stealing from the company for years?' but in written English? and repeatedly, it just seems a strange way to write for someone who is supposedly feeling intense rage.

She made so many accusations, I think I would not have been able to suppress my anger if it had been me and would have accused directly point by point

And the reported speech of the threats- Thais don't speak English like that, that was English slang.

As to why it was taken down, maybe her lawyers advised her it would do nothing to help free the Burmese 2, especially if her accusations couldn't be proved, simply rile the Thai authorities, or maybe she didn't write it herself.

It really does not matter what she said or how it was said, or whether and why Facebook page has been dealt with. At the end of the day she is not in Thailand so why are the Thai authorities wasting their time? Face saving perhaps? Totally unbelievable actually. coffee1.gif

It really does not matter what she said or how it was said, or whether and why Facebook page has been dealt with. At the end of the day she is not in Thailand so why are the Thai authorities wasting their time? Face saving perhaps? Totally unbelievable actually. coffee1.gif

Unbelievable, stupid actually along with those promoting the stupidity.

Unbelievable, stupid actually along with those promoting the stupidity.

You could be right bannock, whatever happened, I doubt she got up one morning and said " to hell with that, I'll take my post and page away, and mum can make me another sister..... she'll be right"

Perhaps riling the Thai authorities may make them more stubborn... More prone to loss of face, and thus less likely to give a fair appeal, and more likely to have the B2 offed prior to a retrial... Hell, they have already lost the evidence, why not loose the perpetrators too?

Case definitely closed.

Unfortunately I see that the weekend hasn't improved the intelligence of some other posters, even when asked directly for some harmless speculation as to the "why" of it (police terminology is "motivation", it's one of the first things that they try to establish when solving a crime), I still see pointless posts such as made by Artisi... You must be a gem in a conversation around a dinner table, mate... Thanks for your useless comment

And this despite the many posts made by earlier people ( not by me, as I have no knowledge of such things) that the Thais can reach out a very long way... Though I doubt that's the reason, as I think the motivation was probably a more reasoned one