Yingluck appears at first hearing of rice pledging scheme trial

webfact

Yingluck appears at first hearing of rice pledging scheme trial

122-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra arrived at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions to hear charges against her in the controversial rice pledging scheme.

She was welcomed by hundreds of supporters who arrived in advance at the Supreme Court to boost her morale in defending the case.

The supporters, mostly women, who also held the images of Ms Yingluck posted with her brother Thaksin Shinawatra, gave her red roses as a gesture for love and support.

The arrival of Ms Yingluck and her supporters was under the watchful eyes of the police deployed to ensure peace and order.

The trial today is the first hearing that the state witnesses will testify at the Supreme Court in front of Ms Yingluck, the defendant, in the rice pledging scheme case.

Ms Yingluck was charged by the National Anti-Corruption Commission of dereliction of duties in the implementation of her government’s rice pledging scheme.

The dereliction inflicted damages estimated at over 500 billion baht to the state.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-appears-at-first-hearing-of-rice-pledging-scheme-trial

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-15

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corruption may be happened like any other welfare schemes in the world. Even British and American wasting lot of money for Agricultural,Education and Health care subsidies.

But this is one of the best schemes for Thailand to distribute the wealth the rural agricultural community never enjoyed same status as Bangkokians. It may be mismanaged, but helped Thailand to produce plenty of rice for the world. That made the less hungry world.

If this scheme is property implemented every Thai will economically benefit. I have seen many rural could able to buy pickup trucks of their own, and build their houses after this scheme is implemented.

Sad that it has been given political color and one of the good schemes is removed.

Corruption may be happened like any other welfare schemes in the world. Even British and American wasting lot of money for Agricultural,Education and Health care subsidies.

But this is one of the best schemes for Thailand to distribute the wealth the rural agricultural community never enjoyed same status as Bangkokians. It may be mismanaged, but helped Thailand to produce plenty of rice for the world. That made the less hungry world.

If this scheme is property implemented every Thai will economically benefit. I have seen many rural could able to buy pickup trucks of their own, and build their houses after this scheme is implemented.

Sad that it has been given political color and one of the good schemes is removed.

cheesy.gif

1) It was self financing.. not taken into the national budget but cost 800 billion.. around 200 billion per year (that is the same budget as the health budget for Thailand)

2) It did not help the small farmers at all.

3) Payments were not made and farmers killed themselves because the government could not payout because it had no money for it. They had hoped to pay it with a 2 trillion loan from China. (this was before the street protests)

4) when she stepped down she did not make any provisions for the farmers thus delaying payment even more (during the street protests)

5) there was no rotting rice according to YL.. now we know better

6) No corruption.. now know better as the commerce minister has been indited for fake G2G deals.

7) When the program blew up it helped drop the rice price even more hurting the farmers even more.

Guess it depends what kind of glasses you look through..

You are very misguided in your views. The scheme did not really help spread any wealth to the average farmer and only increased the richer pockets. It did not increase worldwide rice availability and a good portion of what was stockpiled turned rotten. Those people who bought trucks and fixed their houses did so with loans with which they were unable to pay on time because they never saw their portions of that scheme until P for it for them. You really should learn about Google before you post such nonsense.

Funny but in the photo op for this article I really don't see anywhere near the hundreds they speculate about. Maybe 30 or 40 showed. It also surprises me the people carrying pics of Thak were not arrested or had them confiscated as it has nothing to do with this hearing and is most certainly politically motivated

We all make wrong decisions , some larger than others , and some have consequences we just don't see at the time,

Your talking about Thaksin smirking in Dubai, his sister having to go through all this FOR HIM.

Ah!, you got that so right

wink.png

And she managed to achieve all that, without even bothering to appear, at any of her committee's meetings, too !wink.png

Edited by Ricardo

Had probably never imagined this day would happened when she sneaked into a hotel downtown to meet with some businessmen when she was supposed to attend parliament...

Totally unrelated. That meeting didn't happen, is was a private meeting, Ms. Yingluck only listened, Ms. Yingluck and her Finance Minister only listened, it wasn't important. Apart from that it was with owners and/or Presidents of Property companies, nothing to do with rice.

Hundreds of supporters, mostly women, holding up portraits of Ms. Yingluck and her brother.

To make people here understand this was spontaneous, some independent reporters should have 'polled' some ladies why they were there.

The field of the small farmers was to small to be in the scheme. But thanks to the scheme the price of crops incresed so did pesecides and fertilizer. Thai farmers now gets less for their rice than before the scheme.

Junta lovers have a topic in which they can finally dump steam! smile.png

And the fanatical PTP and red shirt supporters are nowhere to be seen because its hard to defend this mess. All their arguments have been destroyed before so they no longer try.

I can only see about 12 people--4 camera men, 4 rich well dressed ladies with 2 bunches of roses-2 body guards, 2 passers by.

Where were all the rice farmers wives, OTOP stall holders, Mushroom growers, and managers of all the top fashion shops.

Hundreds What a load of BULL.

Ah, but we who like to give Ms. Yingluck a fair chance to explain the 'self-financing' RPPS and why the lose of 500++ billion Baht was not negligence on her part, also like this topic. Justice will prevail.

Edited by rubl

You are the spokesperson for the other minority posters on TVF, I can understand why they are not posting because the PM is not-and was not involved in the scheme.

Hundreds of supporters, mostly women, holding up portraits of Ms. Yingluck and her brother.

To make people here understand this was spontaneous, some independent reporters should have 'polled' some ladies why they were there.

The proof that they were spontaneous, is that they all spontaneously decided to bring a red rose each, to present to Ms Yingluck. wink.png

Yay for Red Spontaneity ! rolleyes.gif

And the fanatical PTP and red shirt supporters are nowhere to be seen because its hard to defend this mess. All their arguments have been destroyed before so they no longer try.

Well if your post #4 is destroying an argument, i dont suppose you ever got close to the school debating teamcheesy.gif

Well if your post #4 is destroying an argument, i dont suppose you ever got close to the school debating teamcheesy.gif

I don't see you countering it with arguments but attacking the me personally.. I was taught that was ad hominem and not a good thing to do.

Edited by robblok

Sigh! coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

1) It was self financing.. not taken into the national budget but cost 800 billion.. around 200 billion per year (that is the same budget as the health budget for Thailand)

2) It did not help the small farmers at all.

3) Payments were not made and farmers killed themselves because the government could not payout because it had no money for it. They had hoped to pay it with a 2 trillion loan from China. (this was before the street protests)

4) when she stepped down she did not make any provisions for the farmers thus delaying payment even more (during the street protests)

5) there was no rotting rice according to YL.. now we know better

6) No corruption.. now know better as the commerce minister has been indited for fake G2G deals.

7) When the program blew up it helped drop the rice price even more hurting the farmers even more.

Guess it depends what kind of glasses you look through..

bla bla blqa

You look through the junta's glasses.

Good job, parrot man , you repeated it word by word ....

He was also nowhere to be seen after the countless scandals in the past months where uniform men were involved....

He was also nowhere to be seen after the countless scandals in the past months where uniform men were involved....

I guess justice for Ms. Yingluck means attacking all those who wonder about her innocence?