UPVC windows

LannaGuy

Veka profiles are German. Chinese profiles are made in China.

The price difference is due to that, with the assumption being that the German ones are better quality.

I would say that it's more to the point to look at samples of both sorts of profile and see how well made they appear to be. Given the relatively small price difference I would probably go with the German ones.

The price difference is due to that, with the assumption being that the German ones are better quality.

I would say that it's more to the point to look at samples of both sorts of profile and see how well made they appear to be. Given the relatively small price difference I would probably go with the German ones.

yes I was thinking that 307k vs 353k for 6 large windows single pane

Those must be some incredible UPVC windows to be that expensive. Do you mind posting what size are the windows and what style, ie casement, single hung, sliding, awning. I'm familiar with Vignet UPVC windows fabricated in Buriram province and it would have to be quite large of windows to be over 50K each. Are the windows laminated or tempured or treated to prevent breakage? Thank you.

Those must be some incredible UPVC windows to be that expensive. Do you mind posting what size are the windows and what style, ie casement, single hung, sliding, awning. I'm familiar with Vignet UPVC windows fabricated in Buriram province and it would have to be quite large of windows to be over 50K each. Are the windows laminated or tempured or treated to prevent breakage? Thank you.

Hi they are Veka brand which are the best in the world - 3.2 meters wide and 2.7 meters high

here is a photo (not of the actual windows but this shows the style)

post-233765-0-64396500-1452939371_thumb.

Veka are German profiles made in China.

Hi they are Veka brand which are the best in the world - 3.2 meters wide and 2.7 meters high

One advice, stay far away from any uPvc profiles made in Thailand.

German profiles are the best, Chinese profile were bad many years ago but have come a long way since, and so are the profiles made in Malaysia. Thai manufacturers have not the slightest idea of what they are doing.

It makes no difference. It's the quality control you are paying for, and you get that from the brand name.

Those profiles look surprisingly slim for PVC which is usually quite "chunky". I shall check out their sliding products for my condo patio doors.

Those profiles look surprisingly slim for PVC which is usually quite "chunky". I shall check out their sliding products for my condo patio doors.

what profiles? the doors are 3.2 WIDE and the doors 2.7m HIGH nothing slim about them

It makes no difference. It's the quality control you are paying for, and you get that from the brand name.

The window in the picture is alumimium.

http://www.longxuandoor.cn/product/60319756721-801387231/double_glazed_arch_sliding_windows_commercial_double_doors_and_windows_decorative_interior_double_windows.html

http://www.longxuandoor.cn/product/60319756721-801387231/double_glazed_arch_sliding_windows_commercial_double_doors_and_windows_decorative_interior_double_windows.html

did you READ the description of the photo? here it is again

Edited by LannaGuy

what profiles? the doors are 3.2 WIDE and the doors 2.7m HIGH nothing slim about them

The profiles are the frame parts into which the glass is inserted. UPVC normally has thick frames, when compared with aluminium.

The profiles are the frame parts into which the glass is inserted. UPVC normally has thick frames, when compared with aluminium.

they are thick

That would explain the thin profiles!

the photo I gave was an example of the shape and no relation to the actual windows or the frames the windows I have ordered are Veka from Germany and I'll happily post photos if folk are interested when they arrive and are installed (around 6 weeks time)

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Doisaketdreamer said:

Does anyone have any experience with this company http://www.prime-asia.co.th/products/

A friend actually got a quote from them some time ago. It was very high: one of the highest he received and even more expensive than German aluminium. But they did reply which is more than 90% of Thai companies he asked did.

1 hour ago, Doisaketdreamer said:

By the way, which company did you friend eventually go with?

None. He was so p*ssed off with the inability of window companies here to provide proper and sensibly-priced quotes that he just sold up and moved to another condo that didn't need new windows!

From my own dealings with all sorts of companies here I know exactly how he felt.

On September 17, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Doisaketdreamer said:

Does anyone have any experience with this company http://www.prime-asia.co.th/products/

They look legitimate. 

If you have other suggestions, please share.

I am currently ordering my windows from them. So far they have done a professional job on the sales and measurement side as well as working with me on price. My Windows will be installed in 2 stages some normal Windows and doors are scheduled to be installed in 3-4 weeks and I have 7 sets of Windows I specially ordered from their supplier in the states that will be here in another 2 months. 

On the special Windows the head sales guy met with me and his supplier Deceuninck USA. It wasn't easy arranging everything and they could have tried to sell me something else but they really pushed for the product and I think my shipment will be the first of this type of window in Thailand. So kudos to them. The style of windiws  have been around in the states and the U.K. For 2-3 years.

http://www.prime-asia.co.th/new-folding-door-system-from-deceuninck/

• 2 weeks later...
On 30 September 2016 at 2:45 AM, thaiblade said:

Inoutic profile made in China, but they will tell you its from Germany.

I don't know where the profiles are made, how do you?

You seem to imply that, If a product is made in China it is inferior. 

That is certainly possible but equally certainly not universally true. There are a lot of top quality products made in China (Apple items for 1) 

On 9/19/2016 at 6:42 PM, AJBangkok said:

I am currently ordering my windows from them. So far they have done a professional job on the sales and measurement side as well as working with me on price. My Windows will be installed in 2 stages some normal Windows and doors are scheduled to be installed in 3-4 weeks and I have 7 sets of Windows I specially ordered from their supplier in the states that will be here in another 2 months. 

On the special Windows the head sales guy met with me and his supplier Deceuninck USA. It wasn't easy arranging everything and they could have tried to sell me something else but they really pushed for the product and I think my shipment will be the first of this type of window in Thailand. So kudos to them. The style of windiws  have been around in the states and the U.K. For 2-3 years.

http://www.prime-asia.co.th/new-folding-door-system-from-deceuninck/

I like the system but what about an insect screen? Is there an insect screen optional?

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2016 at 7:51 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

I don't know where the profiles are made, how do you?

You seem to imply that, If a product is made in China it is inferior. 

That is certainly possible but equally certainly not universally true. There are a lot of top quality products made in China (Apple items for 1) 

I am not implying that at all, i just do not like the fact that they tell lies, yes, Inoutic is a German brand but it is extruded in China.