How Much Does It Take?

bodypaul

TH, I'm terrible at math as well. But what's the name of your bank? Do they have online accounts?

First Internet Bank

I opened account over Internet/Fax. Main reason I opened account was they do international wire transfers with fax request and e-mail confirmation. Not cheap (US$50 each) but that is about what other banks charge and this is only one I found that would do it without going in person. They also will pull money out of another US bank account into your account (ACH) at no charge and have all the bill payment stuff. If you keep a US$500 balance there is no service charge and they pay interest (1.06%, whopee!) on the checking account.

TH

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

2.4 A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year.

2.5 In the case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an orginal copy) is to be shown as well.

From what this says you need to deposit money OR have a certified income of 65000 baht

I am currently trying to verify this with the Thai Embassy here.

I own property which makes about 3,000USD after all the management, maintenance and taxes etal

the 30 year TBills are running at about 5.8%

10 year at 5.3

better to buy a few apartments in luxury resort areas in the US and have a known property manager handle them.

You should average 16% gross and net about 10% in real income while having a write off on the depreciation, any trips you make back to the States, you write a letter to your agent saying you are coming to LOOK at your properties and the entire trip is a business expense.

Plus your capital appreciates in real dollars.

After all you want to have something to leave to that young BG(s) who popped your cok for the last 30 years of your life!

• 2 months later...

Dragonmasterzip,

I've been thinking along the same lines. Buy some US resort property and have it managed. Nothing major. Maybe a few condos, just to protect myself against any further rise in quality US real estate and so I'd always have a place to live if need be. I'd be happy with a 7% return. I'm not sure where the best value would be, though. Are you familiar with Scottsdale, AZ?

Rex