30 day Tourist day extension at the Pattaya Immigration office

I am in Pattaya with a 60 day tourist visa from the United States. I want a 30 day extension and from my research it appears that I can go to the local office here and get one.

I need:

1)my passport

2)passport photo

3 $1900 baht

4) copy of my airline itinerary. (roundtrip)

Is this correct?

Is the Immigration office on soi 4 or soi 5 in Jomtien. do I need to go in person or are there services that can take care of it? if I go in person, about how long does it take?

Will the extension began at the end of my current 60 day tourist visa, or is it possible the time will overlap?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses. Sorry I am late to respond but I had big Internet problems in my condo. Anyway, I'm going to Jomtien on Wednesday to extend my 60 day visa (from usa). I booked my condo through AirBnb.com. Will the website printed receipt suffice as proof of residence, or do I need a special form or statement from the owner?

I will be extending my visa before mid February so would appreciate if you could let me know if you have any problems. I don't think my guest house owner has registered me with immigration but she is preparing a certificate of residence for me. Can anyone inform me if the departure card stapled in my passport needs to be filled out? Thanks

I went to the immigration office yesterday to extend my 60 day tourist visa.

There is a shop 10 steps from the immigration door that can do all the photocopying for the process.

things you need

-Passport

-copy of passport page

-copy of departure card

-proof of residence. (They accepted a copy of the Airbnb receipt)

-1900 baht

I got there a few minutes before 12 noon. We go to the information booth and they'll give you a couple of forms to fill out. I filled them out, and return to the information booth only to discover that all three girls go to lunch from 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock. I came back shortly after 1 o'clock, went back to the information booth, they checked my paperwork, and gave me a number for the queue. the piece of paper shows how many people are ahead of you. In my case there was 37 people. Station number 1 appears to handle all the tourist visas. About 1 1/2 hours to get my visa extension after the information desk.

• Like 2

The guesthouse owner would fill out a TM30 form which is not a certificate of residence.

The only thing you need on the departure card is you name and passport number.

She has given me a pre-printed form with all her details on it including her address, age etc and she has also attached her ID card. There is no TM30 code anywhere on this form! I will take it on Tuesday (maybe tomorrow) and get the go ahead or not as the case may be. If they do not accept what I have, then I have this week to correct it.

OK I arrived at Immigration at around 10:45am today. Got told I needed another copy of my passport photo page (even though I had one which included a copy of the departure card on the same photocopy!) and to return at 12:50?? Seemed strange so I decided to do as I was asked so I went next door to get the other photocopy then go for a walk along the front.

I went back around 11:50 and there was a different girl there so I thought I might be admitted. WRONG!!! My visa expires on 13/2/2016 and was told I had gone to extend too early?? Told to go back on Thursday or Friday! So much for being able to go up to 2 weeks early . . .

OK I arrived at Immigration at around 10:45am today. Got told I needed another copy of my passport photo page (even though I had one which included a copy of the departure card on the same photocopy!) and to return at 12:50?? Seemed strange so I decided to do as I was asked so I went next door to get the other photocopy then go for a walk along the front.

I went back around 11:50 and there was a different girl there so I thought I might be admitted. WRONG!!! My visa expires on 13/2/2016 and was told I had gone to extend too early?? Told to go back on Thursday or Friday! So much for being able to go up to 2 weeks early . . .

Jomtien does that sometimes, when they have a busy day.

Very "nice" for tourist customer who do not stay near to this office..sad.png

Jomtien does that sometimes, when they have a busy day.

Very "nice" for tourist customer who do not stay near to this office..sad.png

So true. Only ever done one extension before and was a doddle. Was busy today to be fair but I was there in good time but hey ho. Just hoping I don't have any problems next time as my visa expires on Saturday!!

Why dont you pay a small fee to the photo copy shop next door and let them do the paperwork and they will tell you what document you need. I always use them and never had any problems at Jomtien Immigration in and out in max 30 min

jesperdk I use a place on 3rd road as that is close to where I stay. Plus the documents I need this time have altered slightly from last time. You never really know what they will ask for!! I leave after this 30 days and happy not to have to worry about it for another year.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what time Jomtien Immigration opens? My permission to stay is until 11th March and I plan to go this week (prob Weds 2 March) and would like to be as close to the front of the queue as possible.

Also, does the photocopying shop that is apparently adjacent to Immigration open early? As they know the ropes, might be easiest to just hand them my passport and let them do it.

Finally, do I need to copy the TM7 after I've completed it?

Thanks.....

Hi!

I've soon been staying in Pattaya 2 months and my Tourist Visa finishes on March 10, and I'm looking to make a 30 days extension.

I have used an visa-agent in Pattaya last 3 years to get my 30 days Tourist Visa extension, and it's been a breeze to not have had to go through all that hassle down Soi 5 Jomthien by myself!

...but was told by him today that procedures has been changed and that I have to go to Immigration Office myself and have my photo taken in front of some of their computers, as well as 2 passport size photos (that I already made)!?

Anyone heard anything about this?

Never had to leave any proof of residence as well?

I'm staying at a serviced apartment hotel, will payment receipt for last month suffice?

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

1. Passport plus a copy of the photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and departure card.

2, Photo is 4 X 6 cm any smaller than that will not be accepted.

4. Not needed

Soi 5

You should do it yourself. No need to pay an agent.

How long it takes will depend upon the day you go. Avoid Monday and Friday.

The extension starts at the end of your 60 day entry. You can do it a week or 2 early if you want to.

If not staying in a hotel, guest house and etc that is doing reports of your presence online to immigration you may need other proof of residence than a receipt for the room.

never had a problem with 45mm x 35mm photos

I went to Immigration Office Pattaya at Soi 5 Jomthien today at 13:00.

Started in the Photostat-shop to the left, had one of the staff fill out all the forms for me that I then signed cost 125 baht.

I didn't have any "proof of residence", only brought my last monthly payment receipt and the hotelcard,

that I had copied in the shop.

Wasn't any problems with the photo being smaller than 4 X 6 cm either!

Then proceeded into the Immigration Office, lots of people, handed over my papers and passport to one of the girls behind the desk, that checked my papers and stamped them and then gave me a waiting-number #146.

Since the queue only was at #123 I went for a long walk down the beach and had something to eat, and then went back at about 14:00 only a couple of numbers from mine so no long wait.

Handed over my passport and papers and paid the extension fee of 1900 baht, it was at this point the immigration officer took a picture of me with her webcamera!

I was handed back my queue number-ticket and said to wait, took almost a 30 minutes waiting until my number was called again and I finally received my passport with extension added!biggrin.png

So all in all it took only 1 1/2 hour, although Immigration was filled with people, it was much faster and better service now than 2-3 years ago when it would take at least 2 days sometimes more to get my visa extension!rolleyes.gif

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

My experience Wednesday 2nd March 2016

I took the following:

Passport

1900 Baht

Copies of: Passport photo page

Visa

Entry Stamp showing permission to stay until 11th March 2016

Departure Card (TM6)

Receipts from hotel plus printout that hotel kindly made for me

(I had previously had the copies made to save time but other people had used the adjacent copy shop)

(I also took my Airline ticket printed off the ‘net – this never came out of my case though so not needed but as I had it anyway it didn’t matter.)

I arrived early (07:40) and the office was open but people were not being allowed inside.

At 07:50, we were ushered in and the officer on the front desk checked all the above copies and stamped and clipped them together along with a ticket - #103 indicating that I was #3 in the queue for desk #1

He also gave me a TM30 and told me to fill in my name and in address said I should put the hotel’s address which I simply copied off the receipts above. This made little sense but I did as I was told, while I waited my turn! When the extension was processed, the RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION was torn off the TM30 and clipped into my passport where it remains.

At about 08:20, they started calling people in order by displaying ticket numbers on big screens – I was called to the desk at 08:30

The officer behind the desk went through all the paperwork stamping and signing and asked me for 1900 Baht. I handed over 2000 and was given change and a receipt.

My picture was taken and I was walking out of the door with my 30 day extension with the date stamped in red alongside the original entry stamp at approx 08:45. I confirm that the extension runs from when the original Permission to stay expired so I'm now good until 10th April 2016

All very straightforward, the only difference from what UbonJoe has told us all is the TM30 but it caused no hardship.

Edited by VBF

• 11 months later...

I'm going to resurrect this year old topic, on behalf on my mom.

She's on a single entry tourist visa with 2 months stamp in her passport, she's planning to stay in Thailand for 3 months so would need to do the extension once.

Have the requirements changed in the last year?

Is it still the same list of documents that is needed, that was mentioned in the posts above?

Basically passport + copies, photos, money and a proof of residence?

She's got a rental agreement from the condo owner, will this work as a proof of residence?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

You will need to get a residence certificate ,take the condo owner with you and will be easier.

I think you are writing about TM30 report done to report a person's presence not a resident certificate.

6 hours ago, Shurup said:

OK, this is getting a little confusing.

Does she need to do TM30 or resident certificate, or anything else other than the documents mentioned in post #2?

A TM30.

A residence certificate is issued by immigration to get drivers licenses and etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/02/2017 at 2:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

The TM30 form is submitted by the condo owner.

Download of: tm30.pdf

@Shurup   bumped this thread before i did, but I'd like to confirm with (hopefully) @ubonjoe that the procedure i followed in March 2016 is still applicable now, March 2017. Please see ID 20

Thanks in advance.

51 minutes ago, VBF said:

@Shurup   bumped this thread before i did, but I'd like to confirm with (hopefully) @ubonjoe that the procedure i followed in March 2016 is still applicable now, March 2017. Please see ID 20

Thanks in advance.

Everything but the TM30 procedure. Reported post yesterday says they are wanting the landlord present to do the TM30.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Everything but the TM30 procedure. Reported post yesterday says they are wanting the landlord present to do the TM30.

Thanks @ubonjoe  I''m actually staying in an hotel   -  do you think I'll be OK if i take a printed receipt from the hotel as i did before?  Surely they don't expect hotel owners to go to Jomtien for every guest who wants to extend...... do they? AFAIK the hotel (not a small guesthouse) notifies immigration according to the law.

BTW, in case I wasn't clear, this is an SETV that I want to extend to give me a total of less than 90 days this trip to LOS. I arrived Jan 24th and plan to leave before Songkran

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1