Anyone Else - Water Rationing

pgrahmm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO.

Ground water is replenished by rainfall and also a certain amount of extracted water will return to the aquifer but nevertheless it is a finite supply.

The other issue is that with virtually no tertiary sewerage treatment country wide the aquifers will probably become more and more contaminated and what water they hold will eventually be unusable.

No easy fix to a world wide water crisis.

No easy fix to a world wide water crisis.

Off topic,

Flooding all over the UK and EU at the moment.

Certainly no WW drought.

From Daily Mail online

"Torrential rains across central Europe have led to the worst flooding in decades, claiming the lives of 82 people."

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Sure there are widespread floods now but most of that water will be runoff to the sea. It's a shame but very little of the floods will be stored for the long term.

Most of Europe's population currently rely on recycled and treated water for their daily potable supply.

Don't shower and flush the toilet once a day, so no idea

There are lots of possibilities to save water, but flushing the toilet just once a day isn't a very good idea. Maybe if you have a single household, but otherwise it could get very smelly.

There are lots of possibilities to save water, but flushing the toilet just once a day isn't a very good idea. Maybe if you have a single household, but otherwise it could get very smelly.

No worries, the toilet is not in the house for most folks.

Much better to get a toilet that requires not much water to flush, and make sure you can and have adjusted the amount of water that fills the tank to the minimum needed.

I am taking somewhat shorter showers and turn the tap off more often instead of letting the water run freely.

I hope it helps a little bit .......as they say: every little bit helps

Also...you would think the present Government would be using the many forms of media to bombard the population with warnings about using too much water and ask the citizens to conserve water......you would think.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

I am taking somewhat shorter showers and turn the tap off more often instead of letting the water run freely.

Also...you would think the present Government would be using the many forms of media to bombard the population with warnings about using too much water and ask the citizens to conserve water......you would think.

Cheers

That's all very well, but have you noticed how shiny & clean everybody's cars are sad.png

Cheers

That's all very well, but have you noticed how shiny & clean everybody's cars are sad.png

They've been running them through the rice fields behind Maejo's house?

We live in Mae Hia Ni and depend on the mountain water pumped from the creek about a kilometre up the side of Doi Suthep/Pui.

Normally this water source would/could be dry by May and then replenished a few months later.This drought condition started 2yrs ago and has now reached a point where the entire area is now out of mountain water and its only Jan.! A recent hike into the jungle revealed wide bone dry creek beds.

Our immediate neighbors are going to dig a well (with a pick & shovel) ....see how that goes.

We have learned to be very mindful of water conservation and recycle every drop we can towards some kind of usefulness and would continue to do so even in times of plenty.

Edited by HaleySabai

Cheers

Yes...You wonder how much water is wasted on washing peoples cars.

All the more reason for the Government to camping against the unnecessary use of water knowing there is the beginning of a looming water crises.

Question is....how many people would follow the rules.

Cheers

The landowner who's rice fields surround our ghetto harvested his crop two months ago and immediately ploughed the land under and had it flooded, for the subsequent crop he hand scattered rice seed rather than use the more expensive seedlings. The seeds have now rooted and sprouted but the klong that serves the area has stopped flowing for about ten days at a time, instead it gets flooded in four day chunks then stops again, this at a time just when the rice shoots are on the point of withering. A farmer can get away with this sort of thing in the cold season but it'll be a different game entirely when the temperatures soar and the rice needs daily water.

For my part our 1,000 litre tank was the best purchase we've ever made, our domestic usage is only 7,000 litres a month so we never run out, but bad news ahead for my garden I fear, oh well.

If it is yellow, let it mellow

If it is brown, flush it down

Why flush 250 ml of p1ss away with 5 litres of water?

P1ss in the toilet 3 or 4 times and flush it once.

post-5614-0-77490500-1453187943_thumb.jp

Edited by billd766

Raining again around here somewhere, sky is dark and can hear the thunder. Due here about 6pm.

Not getting enough to affect the water table but it keeps the garden healthy.

Hmmm...

Could there be a business opportunity to tanker truck water from your area to a dry area.

They will probably be needing to do so in some areas as numerous reports say that some areas are already dry and without water.

Cheers

Raining again around here somewhere, sky is dark and can hear the thunder. Due here about 6pm.

Where's here?

Apologies. Chonburi.

There is another thread about it raining in Pattaya.

Hmmm...

Could there be a business opportunity to tanker truck water from your area to a dry area.

They will probably be needing to do so in some areas as numerous reports say that some areas are already dry and without water.

Cheers

Although we are getting some rain, we are not out of trouble. Our wells are lower than they should be at this time, could both be dry by Easter, last year only the shallower one run out.

Anyone without a basic tank + pump does not get to complain about the water supply.

Watered the plants downtown this morning. Lovely.

Apparently the water supply was out in the downtown area for a day last week due to maintenance work. Didn't notice.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Anyone without a basic tank + pump does not get to complain about the water supply.

Apparently the water supply was out in the downtown area for a day last week due to maintenance work. Didn't notice.

Nor those without a borehole at least 50m deep giggle.gif

That takes out 98%, lets make it at least 30 meters deep and get it down to 96%.

Hmmm...

Cheers

Up here in rural Khampaeng Phet my wife goes to the tessaban in Klong Lan and requests water. The fire truck turns up every 2 or 3 weeks and tops up 6 ongs worth for me. I then pump them across to my main storage ongs and then get my wife to go down the next week to order more. We also have to sign for the water from the fire truck. It is free but we usually give the driver and crew 50 baht each.

I have 27 ongs and each holds about 1,500 usable litres of water but they don't last forever so I try to keep them topped up when the local fire truck delivers.

Somewhere between 1 and 2 metres under the land is granite bedrock which makes drilling a borehole at least 50 metres deep extremely expensive.

I have 27 ongs and each holds about 1,500 usable litres of water but they don't last forever so I try to keep them topped up when the local fire truck delivers.

Somewhere between 1 and 2 metres under the land is granite bedrock which makes drilling a borehole at least 50 metres deep extremely expensive.

Depth to find water is dependent on the location. In my hometown the groundwater is only 3m below the surface.

In granite you will not find substantial water at any depth.