Iran sanctions lifted as atomic authorities say Iran has fulfilled its obligations

rooster59

what do you have against glib at my age?

Having said that, what happens in Iran is 100% controlled by the Ayatollah, the Majlis and various Mullahs. As they have done since 1979 they will mold it into whatever they wish it to be in accordance with their interpretations of the Koran.

Should any moderates try yet another Pink Revolution, the regime will be just as ruthless in the future as they have in the past. The Iranian Guard and SAVAMA (formerly SAVAK) will crush any dissent without hesitation.

In my opinion (satisfied?) the average Iranians are great people. Warm, friendly caring and as open as they now dare to be.

The problems lie with the Ayatollahs and that is who Obama and Kerry are trusting to do as they are claimed to have agreed to, considering side deals and all.

The saving grace is it is not an official treaty so any future President can remove it with the stroke of their own pen. It is a useless exercise but the genie is out of the bottle. Iran will do exactly as they want with their nuclear expansion and will laugh at the inspections. The deal is a joke

Sanctions are gone and can never be put back in place and the Europeans are wearing out the air lanes between Paris, London, Berlin and Tehran hustling business. Iran is talking about a new fleet from Airbus already.

Business is booming in the EU as we speak...at least for the big companies.

Having said that, what happens in Iran is 100% controlled by the Ayatollah, the Majlis and various Mullahs. As they have done since 1979 they will mold it into whatever they wish it to be in accordance with their interpretations of the Koran.

Should any moderates try yet another Pink Revolution, the regime will be just as ruthless in the future as they have in the past. The Iranian Guard and SAVAMA (formerly SAVAK) will crush any dissent without hesitation.

In my opinion (satisfied?) the average Iranians are great people. Warm, friendly caring and as open as they now dare to be.

The problems lie with the Ayatollahs and that is who Obama and Kerry are trusting to do as they are claimed to have agreed to, considering side deals and all.

The saving grace is it is not an official treaty so any future President can remove it with the stroke of their own pen. It is a useless exercise but the genie is out of the bottle. Iran will do exactly as they want with their nuclear expansion and will laugh at the inspections. The deal is a joke

Sanctions are gone and can never be put back in place and the Europeans are wearing out the air lanes between Paris, London, Berlin and Tehran hustling business. Iran is talking about a new fleet from Airbus already.

I have nothing against old age,one day I hope to die of old agetongue.png glib is not desirable at any age when directed at me but great when directed at my opponents.I also like saying :glib" it roles nicely off the tongue, and tickles a little, Glib Gliiiiib glibbb laugh.png

I dont disagree with you, The mullahs are no great shake also. Remember I am an Atheist i have no use for such.

It was our support to the Shah and his repressive policies that brought them to power, and it was our strident opposition that kept them there.

Obama's policy has removed and will remove more of their power. The stick did not acomplish it's goal. According to Netanyahu Iran was months away from obtaining a nuclear devise, what would have more years of stick have accomplished, Even if it bankrupted them, It would have accomplished the goal of a failed state with nuclear weapons.

I am sure we would both agree not a desirable situation.

So now we try the carrot., What's wrong with you , don't you like carrots?laugh.png

Edited by sirineou

I have nothing against old age,one day I hope to die of old agetongue.png glib is not desirable at any age when directed at me but great when directed at my opponents.I also like saying :glib" it roles nicely off the tongue, and tickles a little, Glib Gliiiiib glibbb laugh.png

I dont disagree with you, The mullahs are no great shake also. Remember I am an Atheist i have no use for such.

It was our support to the Shah and his repressive policies that brought them to power, and it was our strident opposition that kept them there.

Obama's policy has removed and will remove more of their power. The stick did not acomplish it's goal. According to Netanyahu Iran was months away from obtaining a nuclear devise, what would have more years of stick have accomplished, Even if it bankrupted them, It would have accomplished the goal of a failed state with nuclear weapons.

So now we try the carrot., What's wrong with you , don't you like carrots?laugh.png

Is that 'carrot' remark you being glib?

Sadly I must disagree with your statement that it was our support of the Shah that brought the Islamic regime into power.

It was actually the opposite. President Jimmy Carter came to Tehran over New Year in 1977. He convinced the Shah, probably through coercion IMHO, to give more freedom to the press and to ease some restrictions against public criticisms of the House of Pahlavi.

The Shah agreed to more freedom of the press and things went downhill from there. Tehran University took the ball and ran with it dragging the citizens from south Tehran along for the ride. The situation got out of hand very quickly and the Shah sent his military in to quell the revolution.

He was too late. The promises he made to President Carter prevented him from acting quickly enough to get the situation under control. Ayatollah Khomeni was already sending his tapes over voicing his Islamic demands. He was in exile in Paris as you might recall.

The burning of banks and liquor stores was a popular pastime then. That's why most of us had loads of cash and quite a few bottles of medicinal alcohol on hand. just in case of a snake bite. Some few even kept a snake on hand just to be sure.

And now it's late and my memory cells are burning up at an alarming rate. More tomorrow if anything remains.

Is that 'carrot' remark you being glib?

Sadly I must disagree with your statement that it was our support of the Shah that brought the Islamic regime into power.

It was actually the opposite. President Jimmy Carter came to Tehran over New Year in 1977. He convinced the Shah, probably through coercion IMHO, to give more freedom to the press and to ease some restrictions against public criticisms of the House of Pahlavi.

The Shah agreed to more freedom of the press and things went downhill from there. Tehran University took the ball and ran with it dragging the citizens from south Tehran along for the ride. The situation got out of hand very quickly and the Shah sent his military in to quell the revolution.

He was too late. The promises he made to President Carter prevented him from acting quickly enough to get the situation under control. Ayatollah Khomeni was already sending his tapes over voicing his Islamic demands. He was in exile in Paris as you might recall.

The burning of banks and liquor stores was a popular pastime then. That's why most of us had loads of cash and quite a few bottles of medicinal alcohol on hand. just in case of a snake bite. Some few even kept a snake on hand just to be sure.

And now it's late and my memory cells are burning up at an alarming rate. More tomorrow if anything remains.

"Is that 'carrot' remark you being glib?" No just a poor attempt at humor as indicated by the LOL simile after it

So it was not the decades of shah repression that brought about the revolution it was his easing of some repression?

in your opinion more repression would had maintained him in power and would had being good for Iran

I was under the impression the we were for democracy and against repression, or is it that we are for repression as long as it benefited us?