Remove buddhist figures from garden - looking for Schaman

Swiss1960

We have some Buddha / buddhist figures in our garden (installed by the previous owner) and want to remove them, as my wife clearly says she does not like those and can not take care of them the way she (we) should...

Now just taking them out is obviously not possible and would bring bad luck for the next few generations of our families... so we are in need for a "Schaman" to drop buy, to his religious stuff, will get fed and paid and then we can securely remove the figures from the garden.

Anybody knows some Shaman in the Pattaya area that we could contact for this "service"?

And your wife, assuming she is thai, does not know where to find one or ask at the temple?

Obviously, she does not know, otherwise I would not be asking.. and temple monk said "not our business, we only put in, not take out" (temple 1) respectively "30'000 cash and food for 9 monks" (temple 2)..

Chuck them in the garbage.

If the misses wants to do it different, let her.

No need for rational white folk to pander to this foolishness.

If I ever want to get a divorce or worse, be held responsible for everything "bad" happening in our lifes (from open shoelaces to broken glass to accidents to bad weather to the death of the 100y old grandpa...), theN I will follow your advice...

Rational white folk DO cope with this "foolishness" for the sake of their relationship.

Edited by Swiss1960

Rational white folk DO cope with this "foolishness" for the sake of their relationship.

As long as you keep giving her money, it won't matter.

Seems that - unlike you - I have a relationship that is NOT based on money...

I have noticed here and there along some roads a bunch of the small "spirit houses" that have been tossed on the pile. It seems like one appears then pretty soon there are a bunch of them.

I cannot say for sure, but I am guessing that no monk is coming over to the house when people are removing these.

Perhaps it is different for the figures/figurines.

In the two examples given above, it would seem that Wat #1 is not interested; Wat #2 might need some further negotiation to get the price down to something reasonable.

I wouldn't mind a few free figures.

If you're in CM I can come and collect them.

I'll accept any bad luck from their rehousing.

How about a photo to give me an idea of size.

Bigger Buddha is better.

Oops Pattaya forum ..... too far.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

My partner got the previous owners of our property to take them with them as like your partner he didn't like them but would not remove them himself. Can the previous owners be contacted?

Prev owner lives abroad now, so no interest there

Check out this website. You could be ordained as a Shaman on-line and perform the proper rituals yourself. It says it's free although there may be some hidden fees, say if you want a fancy certificate mailed to you etc.

They site seems to assume most people would use their new "powers" for performing marriages, but blessing the removal of garden gnomes or spirit houses from a property should be a simple matter for an ordained shaman.

www.themonastery.org

Edited by Smokin Joe

Aaagh Now I know what is going on....I pass umpteen places down back sois and even on Sukh where these Spirit Houses are just dumped.

I was thinking it could not possibly be Thais doing this. Its new fallang house owners. Shock mock horror......

I was chastised the other day for taking my shorts off in view of the plastic dolls, small car, rotting flowers, bloke like Nelson on a horse and a bottle of red Fanta. How could I be so rude ???

Where in Pattaya ?

Had one local guy for putting the spirit house in but don't know enough about the whole thing but PM me and when the TG comes back from Korat she should have his number in the jumble that is her phone "contact list"

Another alternative is check with one of the companies that sell the spirit houses, that is how she found our "shaman"

post-10942-0-74018300-1453169674_thumb.p

Aaagh Now I know what is going on....I pass umpteen places down back sois and even on Sukh where these Spirit Houses are just dumped.

I was thinking it could not possibly be Thais doing this. Its new fallang house owners. Shock mock horror......

I was chastised the other day for taking my shorts off in view of the plastic dolls, small car, rotting flowers, bloke like Nelson on a horse and a bottle of red Fanta. How could I be so rude ???

I asked the wife why all of those spirit houses are there...."broken"

Not sure what the statues are that need removing but spirit houses normally are the concern of a Brahmin priest ( as seen in the above pic) not Buddhist monks so searching indexes for Brahmin organisations might be the way to go.

Chuck them in the garbage.

If the misses wants to do it different, let her.

No need for rational white folk to pander to this foolishness.

If I ever want to get a divorce or worse, be held responsible for everything "bad" happening in our lifes (from open shoelaces to broken glass to accidents to bad weather to the death of the 100y old grandpa...), theN I will follow your advice...

Dead right! I've coped with quite a bit of ritualistic "foolishness" from the Catholic Church for my wife and her family's sake - and it cost quite a bit of money too. Not as much money as your problem, but quite a bit nontheless. Catholic priests aren't free either.

I know exactly where you're coming from.

Edited by tropo

Is it a spirit house? like a little house on stilts?

Buddhist monk normally would get involved as These are actually hindu, and a hindu priest (the thai called them brahmin) would usually take care of installing and removals of these thing

Don't chuck them in the garbage... the binmen could refuse to take it and just leave it on the road in front of the house....

to appease the spirit(more like your wife) you have to do it properly....

for superstition they're only supposed to be dumped at 3 way intersection (T junction) I think, that's why you'll see a bunch of them in a rubble together on the side of the road or at a corner, these are (hopefully) not dumped by the professional services, so you could probably do it yourself.... tell your wife you've found instructions online...
you're supposed to make a small food offering, like how you're supposed to every buddha day, some more elaborate procedure calls for black and red rice in two bowls (made with soy sauce and ketchup respectively) light a few incense and candles... remove to appropriate 3 way junction and after you've dumped the house don't look back in that direction until you're home

Is it a spirit house? like a little house on stilts?

Buddhist monk normally would get involved as These are actually hindu, and a hindu priest (the thai called them brahmin) would usually take care of installing and removals of these thing

Don't chuck them in the garbage... the binmen could refuse to take it and just leave it on the road in front of the house....

to appease the spirit(more like your wife) you have to do it properly....

for superstition they're only supposed to be dumped at 3 way intersection (T junction) I think, that's why you'll see a bunch of them in a rubble together on the side of the road or at a corner, these are (hopefully) not dumped by the professional services, so you could probably do it yourself.... tell your wife you've found instructions online...
you're supposed to make a small food offering, like how you're supposed to every buddha day, some more elaborate procedure calls for black and red rice in two bowls (made with soy sauce and ketchup respectively) light a few incense and candles... remove to appropriate 3 way junction and after you've dumped the house don't look back in that direction until you're home

...and whatever you do, don't ever look at it again if you drive past the 'appropriate' t-junction. In fact, it is better to avoid that t-junction completely for the rest of your life.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, guys, thanks all for the helpful / interesting / funny / other comments you made. So here is my update:

Yes, it was 2 spirit houses (small and big) and we were strongly adviced NOT to give them to other people, as that would bring bad luck to us also. The Brahman "priest" (found through a friend of a friend of a friend...) told us also that he is sure that nobody lived in the house for a prolonged period of time, as the spirit houses were placed completely wrong...

So the process cost me 8'000 Baht including all the food that was needed, the whole ceremony (2 hours) and the removal of the spirit houses. The houses were put on a truck, covered with a sheet (so that any remaining spirits can not find the way back homeless...) and then driven away, at least one hour from our house to a special "dumping ground" for such houses.

Wife is happy now, so I am also happy.

And your wife, assuming she is thai, does not know where to find one or ask at the temple?

Obviously, she does not know, otherwise I would not be asking.. and temple monk said "not our business, we only put in, not take out" (temple 1) respectively "30'000 cash and food for 9 monks" (temple 2)..

I am a Schaman from Bulgaria and if you pay me 10000,00 Baht plus 2 night in a Hotel in Pattaya I will remove it for you