Singha beer also means big tourism for Singha Park in Chiang Rai

webfact

Singha beer also means big tourism for Singha Park in Chiang Rai

Singha is the national beer of Thailand made by a German brewmaster

CHIANG RAI: -- Tourists and locals love the taste of an ice cold Singha beer and it's export helps travel and tourism awareness for Thailand.

Singha Corp, Thailand's ,is employing its vast management skills to focus on social and community enterprise through its famed Singha Park in Chiang Rai, a province in Thailand's Northern region.

The Park, known as Boon Rawd Farm, has a workforce of 1,200. Singha is investing 500 million baht (US$ 14 million) annually to boost its tourism and agriculture projects to benefit Chiang Rai.

Singha Park Managing Director Pongrat Luangthamrongcharoen says the Park's development in the past five years is part of Singha's support for local communities.

"Our goal is giving; giving to the local community. Let the community have the chance to benefit from Singha group's business success," Mr. Pongrat said.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/67637/singha-beer-also-means-big-tourism-singha-park-chiang-rai

-- eTN 2016-01-18

Anything which distracts from the news headlines of drugs, human trafficking and murder are welcome, as far as I am concerned. I don’t drink but that does not keep me from being a big fan of Singha Park in Chiang Rai. It is an absolutely beautiful, well run place and it gets better every year.

Singha%252520Park%252520-%2525207.jpg

Singha%252520Park%252520-%25252019.jpg

Farm%252520Festival%2525201%252520%25252

This just In: Chang Beers announces they are build Water Park right beside Beer Singh.

The water will be used for tourism and also for the rice farmers in the North East.

Chang beer wins again.

It's a long pump from Singha Park to the rice farmers of Issan. laugh.png

The whole of Thailand now seems to be a beer theme park.

You can go on all sorts of thrilling rides - watch the drunk driving the minibus, the will it-won't it derailing train, the white knuckle aircraft, the Balcony drop, the tunnel of vomit and many many more.

Plans are already in place for Yabbaland.....

The park provides jobs, grows tea and other crops while focusing on tourism, festivals and sporting events. It is not a place to sit and get drunk nor does it directly promote the consumption of alcohol. They are doing something good with all that money people throw away on their product. I don’t see the problem.smile.png

If we want to be technical about the "park"... it is actually named Boon Rawd Farm. The golden lion placed in a predominant place in the park/farm is the only reference Singha.

It is a fully functioning farm rather famous for mulberry juices and teas. It is not a beer park as some have suggested. In fact beer is only found in a few locations in the farm

and there us certainly no pub or beer tent there.

Singha have been working on the park for a lot longer than many people realise.

My sister in law was seriously injured while working there at least 20 years ago.

I'll add that the family claim she was very well looked after by the company as well as adequately compensated for her injuries.

Does anyone still drink Beer Singha? At my local it's been about 2 years before I saw anyone drinking it. Leo was #1 favorite until the new Chang Classic hit the streets, and indeed I've returned to Chang.

Great marketing by Chang. Reduce the alcohol, reduce the volume, increase the price, but change the colour of the bottle. It worked with half the farang round here.