Shortest flight Chiang Mai to LAX

seesip

I've done Bangkok to JFK direct. (Back when Thai Airways still had aspirations of being a useful airline). THAT was long haul. wink.png

These days mostly do Hong Kong -> JFK, also because I really dislike the middle distances the most. Like when you fly Thailand to Korea or Japan, it's really not long enough to get some quality sleep, but really long to just sit there. I feel the same about routes that involve a coast-to-coast USA flight, those really are to be avoided at all costs.

But CNX-HKG is a nice short hop, and then you just have one big one to look forward to, with plenty movies, drugs and alcohol.

Drugs???? Which airline? KLM?

Perhaps qat on Ethiopian Airlines or Yemenia ? rolleyes.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat

Edited by Ricardo

I looked up a Large Cabin Jet Charters (truly the shortest flight VTCC-KLAX, Global Express, G650, etc.). I guessed it would be about $70kUSD. Nope, try $150k-180k.

I am glad i only paid 990 baht to fly on the Kan Air Beech Premier! The only biz jet i will ever fly on.

I always begin searches with itasoftware. You can easily research a window for departures and returns, rather than specific dates, by indicating one's initial availability for a flight and length of stay - or, specific dates or OW if course.

After the research engine (now owned by Google and somewhat more sluggish, IMHO) returns dates and prices to my liking, I click on the heading 'duration' and scroll down to find my happy point. This .com address, however, cannot search some budget aircraft methods such as Air Asia or charters.

I must however go to another site (my choice) to purchase my ticket - which suggests to me that the original plan was to be neutral in the search, unbiased by some deal with a particular company. As a general thing, good connections lately to the States have been by flying Korean, if one can catch a short connection in ICN.

ouakestakesave ionatation

^ probably it will be the connection time that has the biggest impact.

It doesn't matter if a particular route is a couple miles shorter if it means a multi hour layover.

The OP asked for CM to LAX, depends upon your final destination after LAX I have 2 more hours to New Mexico, lately over night in LA. It takes 24 hours no matter what

Oh, I thought he wanted the shortest long haul flight and he/she mentioned other west coast destinations.

I kind of looked at that first. I think that what I had found was CNX-SIN-HKG-SFO or LAX. The CNX-SIN flight uses Silk Air.

Edited by just_Elaine

Oh, I thought he wanted the shortest long haul flight and he/she mentioned other west coast destinations.

I kind of looked at that first. I think that what I had found was CNX-SIN-HKG-SFO or LAX. The CNX-SIN flight uses Silk Air.

Basically looking to be in the air for the shortest trips, assuming at least one stop from CNX to LAX. My final destination is St. Louis, but in the past have gone via LAX. I'd consider another west coast destination like SFO or Seattle if they were substantially closer, but so far the shortest trip in hours that I've seen listed is Tapei to LAX.

OK; I'll do the work:

Shortest flight to LAX 16:20

to SFO 16.15

to SEA 17:50

As Winnie points out, the main factor is layover rather than the great circle distance. Also please note that these times always cost at least double the slower ones, often more. Having just taken 42 hours from home to hotel here, I cannot think of a reasonable solution other than to stop along the way. I have in mind Vegas, Hawaii, and some coastal delight such as Hong Kong. With days stay each time. But..

Edited by CMX

My final destination is St. Louis,

Word.

So: CNX-HKG-ORD (Chicago O'Hare) on Cathay, and then a puddle jump to St. Louis?

Or CNX-ICN-ORD on Korean Air?

This topic got a special kind of crazy with going via Singapore and then on through East Asia and what not.

Word up. Hadn't thought of ORD as an option, that's good to know.