Koh Phangan shooting prompts crackdown on 'Foreign Mafia'

webfact

Why don't all you Thai knockers go back to your respective countries, if you are still welcome there, and enjoy life. It must be hard to be this miserable all the time. But some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable, and quite a few of those post on TV. Cheer up. God, it must be hard work to turn every story around so that only Thai's are to blame for every problem that is encountered.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thai Mafia ia alowed with no fear of police involvement to rape rob and murder visitors on a daily basis. It happens several times a day in this country. But when a foriegner tetaliates they are mafia. Thats such bullshit, If this crome was actually investigated by police and the perpatrator was Thai aw 500 thb fine or nothing at all. So sick of this place. Im out. Cant stand this anymore....

I think a lot of falang feel the same as you. The Thai's dont care as they only want our money.

Add me to this list. After ten years I have now finalised my travel arrangements and will be leaving here forever.

I can only speak for Koh Phangan, (but problems appear even worse on KT). The corruption has been obvious for a long, long time but the rise in organised crime the past five or so years is now getting out of control and too dangerous. It doesn't help that the worst gang wear pathetic tight fitting uniforms...

It is as though the Russians brought speed to the party and the entire place is now a mad frenzy of idiots on bikes, big bikes and cars, speeding like there is no tomorrow. The taxis have always been manic but they are second worst now.

The police here are the same as KT, just a little more circumspect, but just as corrupt so the 'foreign mafia' are, in this case nothing of the sort - they are rent boys working for a corrupt Thai official, just like the foreigners on TV applauding the recent B2 conviction; rent boys living 'the life' without proper work permits or visas, 'protected' by corrupt police, officials and redneck 'Deliverance' type families. Thanks to their incredibly low IQs they are lulled into this false sense of warmth but in reality they can and will find themselves thrown to the wolves the very first opportunity if it means protecting one of the 'dippy' family members, (like the one who calls his sister Mom and his grandad Dad)...

These are the most beautiful islands anywhere (to me) - what a crying shame they have been placed in the hands of such incapable, inbred sociopaths who will destroy everything in their all-consuming lust for money and power...

I am starting to think there are no honest people left here, and am too ashamed to go on saying this is my home. The anger inside me is barely controllable so it is best I leave this godforsaken place.

sad.png

I have been to KPG many times and it did always feel a bit tense around certain parts. I was perhaps planning to go there next month but will seriously reconsider now. It seems the mafia on the islands are getting out of control.

The Thai Mafia ia alowed with no fear of police involvement to rape rob and murder visitors on a daily basis. It happens several times a day in this country. But when a foriegner tetaliates they are mafia. Thats such bullshit, If this crome was actually investigated by police and the perpatrator was Thai aw 500 thb fine or nothing at all. So sick of this place. Im out. Cant stand this anymore....

You and many others have the same feelings, me included, but must wait for my S.O to finish a contract.

I really feel sorry for this country ...but then again ...they know all too well what they are doing and whybah.gif for the people of thailand to put up with this and keep their mouths shut all the time just shows what they all are.

Dont feel sorry for Thailand, they dont feel sorry for you... As for Thai's keeping there mouth shut, you have no idea....

Why don't all you Thai knockers go back to your respective countries, if you are still welcome there, and enjoy life. It must be hard to be this miserable all the time. But some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable, and quite a few of those post on TV. Cheer up. God, it must be hard work to turn every story around so that only Thai's are to blame for every problem that is encountered.

A Russian bloke steps on the wrong toes, gets shot at and then the authorities blame a non-existent 'foreign' mafia.

The we have two murdered tourists with two immigrant patsies taking the blame.

I could mention a lot more. My beef isn't with your average Thai. It is the authorities, yes there isn't much that can be done but if people never spoke out against injustice then we would be stuck in the middle ages!

Just saying 'mai bpen rai' all the time is great until you are on the receiving end of this kind of bull poo!

So called Thai knockers are not miserable because they are disgusted by total corruption and lawlessness. Just how is this story being "turned around", as the mayor who is Thai (is he naturalized Brit or something???) is part of this whole local mafia, shooter is Thai... Please show us. Is it wrong to have minimal expectations regarding simple peace and justice? Just to be able to get on with life without so many shakedowns and intimidation?

Your "mai pen rai" attitude is just what those evil people hope for.... "doesn't matter if doesn't happen to me". If Thai people got off their indifference mode and actually did something about what goes on in their country..... ah, wishful thinking. the sheep have been well trained.

Only 31 posts for the very original "if you don't like it here (in paradise on Earth) why don't you go home"- drivel!

I wish you thai'er- than-Thai- guys would finally shut up and stay away from a DISCUSSION- forum, if you don't like it!

Tell me, oh great one: how do you find ANYTHING good in a story like this, unless you are on heavy medication?

I think a lot of falang feel the same as you. The Thai's dont care as they only want our money.

Add me to this list. After ten years I have now finalised my travel arrangements and will be leaving here forever.

I can only speak for Koh Phangan, (but problems appear even worse on KT). The corruption has been obvious for a long, long time but the rise in organised crime the past five or so years is now getting out of control and too dangerous. It doesn't help that the worst gang wear pathetic tight fitting uniforms...

It is as though the Russians brought speed to the party and the entire place is now a mad frenzy of idiots on bikes, big bikes and cars, speeding like there is no tomorrow. The taxis have always been manic but they are second worst now.

The police here are the same as KT, just a little more circumspect, but just as corrupt so the 'foreign mafia' are, in this case nothing of the sort - they are rent boys working for a corrupt Thai official, just like the foreigners on TV applauding the recent B2 conviction; rent boys living 'the life' without proper work permits or visas, 'protected' by corrupt police, officials and redneck 'Deliverance' type families. Thanks to their incredibly low IQs they are lulled into this false sense of warmth but in reality they can and will find themselves thrown to the wolves the very first opportunity if it means protecting one of the 'dippy' family members, (like the one who calls his sister Mom and his grandad Dad)...

These are the most beautiful islands anywhere (to me) - what a crying shame they have been placed in the hands of such incapable, inbred sociopaths who will destroy everything in their all-consuming lust for money and power...

I am starting to think there are no honest people left here, and am too ashamed to go on saying this is my home. The anger inside me is barely controllable so it is best I leave this godforsaken place.

sad.png

Good news - 3 more leaving! Trust all of you will be cancelling your TV memberships as you will have no further interest or need to complain?

You are right !

I came here with the best intentions to retire and spend my money here , first thing they did was to kill my 10 year old dog , my best friend , with poison .

No reason to do this I guess they just do not like foreigners .

Bye Bye , Thailand , I am out too , som nam nah , I'll spent my money in a nicer place , with nicer people than the local idiots here who did never learn anything in school ...

32 posts.

sad.png

Sorry to hear my friend.

32 posts.

How did this joker read the article and come to the conclusion that somehow us that post on the forum have "turned the story around".?

Oh joy, rose tinted spectacles? I think the rose thorns have scarred his retinae.

You are right !

I came here with the best intentions to retire and spend my money here , first thing they did was to kill my 10 year old dog , my best friend , with poison .

No reason to do this I guess they just do not like foreigners .

Bye Bye , Thailand , I am out too , som nam nah , I'll spent my money in a nicer place , with nicer people than the local idiots here who did never learn anything in school ...

HAPPY To See You Go....

Only 31 posts for the very original "if you don't like it here (in paradise on Earth) why don't you go home"- drivel!

I wish you thai'er- than-Thai- guys would finally shut up and stay away from a DISCUSSION- forum, if you don't like it!

Tell me, oh great one: how do you find ANYTHING good in a story like this, unless you are on heavy medication?

I told you waighty !

Just want to say there are a lot of Thais on these islands with lots of money but little education , they think they are above the law and can conduct business as they wish ... They are Idiots so steer clear !

BUT there are a lot of good Thais with education and a vision for Samui who are trying to change things for the better .. Not all officials are corrupt .

...every day some new bullsh*t to slander foreigners....

...Thais control everything here if you haven't noticed...and foreigners are lucky to 'keep their shirts on their backs'....or 'get out alive'....

..to pretend foreigners are to blame...again and again...wow....

...out of hand...detached from reality...scary....

sad.png

and you really have done it for me i was thinking about buying a resort in thailand not cheap one but looking at this my thai wife is right never ever get involved with any kind ventue there just go holiday and come home again i think thats the best wayi se they even have big problem in koh chang now white sands beach girlie bars guys with guns ready to shoot

"Police charged Mr Chanin with hiring others to carry out a crime in a premeditated attempt to kill others. He denied all charges. The officers also charged Mr Sihanart and Mr Jirat with colluding in the attempted murder and illegal possession of firearms without permission. Mr Sihanart was arrested earlier but Mr Jirat has fled."

Sounds like Thai names to me?

What did the foreigners do?

Apart from sleep in their beds?

I think the foreigners got shot at...

Archived