Koh Phangan shooting prompts crackdown on 'Foreign Mafia'

webfact

"Gen Prawit went on to say that he will order the launch of a massive inspection of those businesses as well as their money trails and great attention will be paid to mafia style influential foreigners. He went on to stress that Thai state officials must not be involved with or support foreign criminal activities."

If these things are happening here then perhaps the local Police Chief needs to be replaced with a more able one ? Why does he need to be "instructed" from outside ?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went troughout all these comments as I do for most of the news on thaivisa which in itself is a very useful site. As far as Koh Phanang is concerned, for the full moon parties fans, I would say if you do not want to get in trouble, don't go to places where you know you can get in heavy trouble. There are enough safe places around the world to join fullmoon parties which do not have this reputation.
For the rest, I am always amazed, how most of the commenters are making firm statements on totally unconfirmed or under investigation cases, and mostly in the same direction. This is the my first post in five years and it will probably be the only one.
I really wonder what all these commenters are still doing in this country. The day I feel like they do or write, I would be gone since long.

Maybe they are just jealous on younger generations or wealthier people establishing in the country and try to discourage them by their writing....

I am living here since five years on a OA Visa and its legal extensions. I drive my big bike, my zoomer and my car, to fast and to often the "thaiway" (except never when drunk), I have been controled at least 50 times since I am here, in all part of the country, always by polite police officers without any abuse of uniform. I have had a big crash, after hospital, I went to the police station several times a few hours, to force the other party, their polorbo and their insurrance company to recongnise the responsability of the other pick-up driver, and succeeded in getting paid back for all my expenses, with the help of the police officers and their ombusman. I never paid anything to anyone under the table. I have only been fined two times for some good reasons and could negociate a 50% discount at no other cost, with a ticket. Same for my properties, Etc.. Seems that we are not living in the same country or that I ama very lucky man...

So, I wonder how much of all these comments are BS, and how much are speaking the true.

PS :sorry for my english it is not my mother tongue.

You are not alone in your thinking ...or your experiences in Thailand. It is my belief that most do not bother to debate with the septic sceptics.

Perhaps they are the wisest ones.

But those that have only negatives but perportedly live here must have a small degree of greater happiness than that which they had where they came from. Because here they can be invisibly negative on TVF and obesely abusive on the street.cheesy.gif

Archived